PDA

View Full Version : Castaic on Memorial Day with Maimon and Matt

fishinone
06-01-2010, 04:15 PM
I went to Castaic on Memorial Day to do a little fishing with Maimon and Matt.

We had a private contest. "Biggest fish gets a candy from the other two fishermen."

It wasn't long before Matt hooked and landed the first fish. He promptly declared it the biggest fish and laid claim to the candy. The only problem with that was that he was right.
http://i454.photobucket.com/albums/qq265/fishinone/IMG00069-20100531-0759.jpg

Here's Matt with "The Big Fish of the Day." 3 lb. 10 oz.

Matt caught the next fish too.

http://i454.photobucket.com/albums/qq265/fishinone/IMG00067-20100531-0730.jpg
Here's Matt with another one.

Things were kind of slow. We had fish on the finder but they weren't biting.

I picked up the next fish 1 1/2 lb. No pic for that one!

LoweBoat showed up with Wayne and anchored out in deep water. They had a slow pick going on what looked like mostly smaller models.

http://i454.photobucket.com/albums/qq265/fishinone/IMG00070-20100531-1022.jpg
Here's Wayne holding up a nice one.

I picked up another a little larger, 2 lb 9 oz. on a light action pole. While I was reeling it up I had Matt convinced that it was a big one, just to make him think that he had lost his candy.:LOL: Those light action poles really put on a show, even with a little striper.

The wind came up and blew us off of our spot, then we decided to go looking for some fish.

Well, we found them up at Elizabeth Canyon. We anchored up on some nice marks in 50 ft of water. The fish were circling, going under the boat every few minutes, but not biting. I began to doubt that they were striper even though they were acting like striper on the fishfinder. Finally after a bit I got bit swung and hung. Only to loose the fish a second later. They were striper though. I think this spot would have gone off later but we pulled up stakes and went home at 3:00.

Props to Matt, this is his second trip straight where he took big fish honors.

Score:
Matt: 2, with Big Fish
Me: 2, with little fish:Big Grin:
Maimon, was there too.:ROFL:

fishinone
06-01-2010, 04:29 PM
OK, Does anybody know why my pictures aren't working?

kpn
06-01-2010, 04:35 PM
I told you bro.....The fish comes to your boat when I'm there :Envious:. Great job to be on the water guys.

KPN.

PS: Check your link.....Image link that is :Wink:.

fishinone
06-01-2010, 04:40 PM
Hi Khahn,

Can you see pics?

TroutOnly
06-01-2010, 04:55 PM
MAYBE YOURE PHOTBUCKET ACCOUNT IS FULL,,,,,,,,,,,,,t/o,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Eat Sleep Fish
06-01-2010, 09:18 PM
dont worry about the pix, we all know what 1 to 3 pound stripers look like. great job out there man! bet a lot of fish were still in recovery from the weekend crowds. good job getting a few.

CAPT'N
06-01-2010, 09:25 PM
Ron,

sound like a nice day, how were the crowds? I was there Sunday, and the crowds were not to bad till after 11:00 AM

Capt'n

fishinone
06-02-2010, 09:11 AM
MAYBE YOURE PHOTBUCKET ACCOUNT IS FULL,,,,,,,,,,,,,t/o,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

I'll check it but it didn't complain it let me put the pictures in it.

dont worry about the pix, we all know what 1 to 3 pound stripers look like. great job out there man! bet a lot of fish were still in recovery from the weekend crowds. good job getting a few.

I want to put them up so that Matt could show his freinds.

Ron,

sound like a nice day, how were the crowds? I was there Sunday, and the crowds were not to bad till after 11:00 AM

Capt'n

The crowds weren't bad at all. A little more than the usual lake lice but not what I was expecting.

fishinone
06-02-2010, 10:28 AM
OK! The pics work now. It wouldn't accept that one album in photobucket. Maybe the name was too long.

gletemfeelsteelgary
06-02-2010, 06:16 PM
congrats....I'm sure traficc was hell that day....amazing to be able to catch anything...

Salute on a job well done : )
Gary

Fishbones
06-02-2010, 07:25 PM
great report Ron, good one fighting the mini rod like a biggen to make him thing you won the candy....lol....nice1

fishinone
06-03-2010, 10:24 AM
congrats....I'm sure traficc was hell that day....amazing to be able to catch anything...

Salute on a job well done : )
Gary

Thanks Gary,

It's amazing that I catch anything anytime. I usually don't pay that much attention and if my back hurts I don't hold on to the pole.

Now as far as Matt goes, that boy is a legend.

great report Ron, good one fighting the mini rod like a biggen to make him thing you won the candy....lol....nice1

Hey Alex,

Matt was non-stop, giving me a hard time about getting that candy. It was worth it to make him think it was big. He was quiet till I landed it, at least.:LOL:

He got his on Medium action poles with 6 or 8 lb leader. Mine was on a light action pole with a four pound leader. It was making nice runs and the pole was doubled over. I couldn't resist.:Razz:

marzocchi
06-03-2010, 11:10 PM
Nice going Ron