PDA

View Full Version : LAKERS v celtics

troutdog
06-01-2010, 12:24 AM
Can't ask for a better finals imo...a classic battle between arguably the two biggest rivals in all of sports.

So who you think is going to win and why?

I say Lakers in 6, home court and deeper bench(oh and that #24 guy) are the difference.

TD

rjonly
06-01-2010, 07:59 AM
oh yeah number 24 aka the black mamba.... i dont know, I heard he's kind of a big deal... I agree with your prediction troutdog, lakers in 6. Go lakers!!!!!

TaperSteve
06-01-2010, 08:26 AM
the Celtics 6+!

Wonder what the betting odds are on Bodog?

TaperSteve

FISHINGBEE
06-01-2010, 09:00 AM
sweep baby!!!!!!!

FISHINGBEE

DarkShadow
06-01-2010, 09:25 AM
I predict Big Baby Davis will end up at Fatburger after Game 1 and 2 losses, and will eat himself out of the league in 2 years.

Troutman65
06-01-2010, 11:19 AM
:Finger: The Lakers . I hope the Celtics win.

TaperSteve
06-01-2010, 01:17 PM

+1

TaperSteve

wellbilldancesays
06-01-2010, 01:49 PM
Lakers are favored in the series and also in the first game by over five points.

I wish the Celtics didnt even make it to the finals. It will be sweet if we win but if if they win it means another title for those d!cks. If they never made it to the finals it guarantees they wont win another title which would've been awesome. Also if they win this series its a double whammy, we lose and they get another title.
Damn it! I hate that Bob Barker!

BUT I feel we have what it takes this year to seriously hammer those guys this year. With the finals going 2-3-2 it is more important than ever to win those first two at home or it will be heart break city!

GO LAKERS!!!

DarkShadow
06-01-2010, 02:00 PM

Why the animosity, TM65?

Did a bully in a Laker jersey harrass you in the 3rd grade?

troutdog
06-01-2010, 02:18 PM

You are just bitter because they're the only team in purple that doesn't suck like your Viqueens! :Finger:

TD

fisherman from long beach
06-01-2010, 03:35 PM
this is gonna be a great series.i give the advantage to the celtics.they play "d".and are pyshical typical east coast ball.lakers had a cakes walk to the final,except thunder.jazz had 2key starters out,and the suns they dont play d.celtics match up good with the lakers BIG.thats key.teams that are small cant match up with the lakers,too big.every team the lakers played were considered small.kobe will not have a series like he did against the suns.if lakers win it will rest on lamar odom playing real good ball.kobe and gasol are gonna get theirs but the key is lamar.but i believe celts in 6.imho

troutdog
06-01-2010, 08:11 PM
this is gonna be a great series.i give the advantage to the celtics.they play "d".and are pyshical typical east coast ball.lakers had a cakes walk to the final,except thunder.jazz had 2key starters out,and the suns they dont play d.celtics match up good with the lakers BIG.thats key.teams that are small cant match up with the lakers,too big.every team the lakers played were considered small.kobe will not have a series like he did against the suns.if lakers win it will rest on lamar odom playing real good ball.kobe and gasol are gonna get theirs but the key is lamar.but i believe celts in 6.imho

Yet the Suns beat the celts both games they played in the regular season...Lake Show in 6 brotha!

TD

DarkShadow
06-01-2010, 09:42 PM
Yet the Suns beat the celts both games they played in the regular season...Lake Show in 6 brotha!

TD

Cmon TD...

1. You cannot use the transitive property of mathematics (http://www.mathwords.com/t/transitive_property.htm) and apply it to sports.

2. You cannot compare the regular season to the post season.

Having said that, here's my analysis....

Unless Farmar (aka, Far-Less) and Shannon Brown step up to give DFish some help, Rondo has the talent to run circles around the crafty veteran. If the Lakers have to resort to sending Kobe after Rondo, it will affect him on the offensive side. Rondo isn't an aging Steve Nash, or an overhyped Deron Williams; think more of a Russell Westbrook, who gave the Lakers trouble throughout that series, and personally, was the reason that series went to 7.

The Gasol/Garnett match up will also be an interesting and entertaining one. I think both are evenly matched, probably the best two finesse power forwards in the game today.

Paul Pierce and Ron Ron....South Central versus Queensbridge. West Coast versus East Coast. Artest has held Pierce below his season average this year, and is an excellent defender that will crowd Pierce, who excels in step back jumpers, and lean in paint play. With Artest static cling defend, it will prevent Pierce from getting into his game. Conversely, Artest's sketchy shooting and questionable shot selection will be fresh in Doc River's head and he will test Artest by drawing double teams to Kobe early on. I just hope Ron Ron can be patient and smart with shot selection, or else he may fall right into Boston's man to man defenisive trap and shoot the Lakers out of ball games.

Khlomar Odom needs to grow a pair, and break defenses down with his dribble drive. Bynum will not be a factor, so Perkins may be the wild card in Boston's deck.

Finally, Kobe versus an aging Ray Allen. Not even a matchup, no matter how much Ray Allen's momma yells from the sideline. The Mamba will have his way with Allen, and even on the defensive side, if Kobe gets lost around a Perkins screen and Gasol switches off to Allen, Gasol is a pretty agile 7 footer that can disrupt the spot up shooting of Allen.

Lakers in 7. This series is perfect for David Stern to stretch it as much as possible so the NBA gets their cash. The home field advantage is extremely important, and will be the key to the Lakers winning the championship.

Eat Sleep Fish
06-01-2010, 10:02 PM
http://hphotos-snc3.fbcdn.net/hs565.snc3/30838_453238994551_680804551_6098787_6269574_n.jpg

Troutman65
06-01-2010, 10:40 PM
Why the animosity, TM65?

Did a bully in a Laker jersey harrass you in the 3rd grade?

Naw , I really did not get beat up that often . Just tired of the Lakers .

Troutman65
06-01-2010, 10:41 PM
You are just bitter because they're the only team in purple that doesn't suck like your Viqueens! :Finger:

TD

My Vikings are going to Kick *** this year !!

Troutman65
06-01-2010, 10:42 PM
http://hphotos-snc3.fbcdn.net/hs565.snc3/30838_453238994551_680804551_6098787_6269574_n.jpg

Now that's funny . Tit for Tat .

Trout 1
06-01-2010, 11:19 PM
Boston has this in the bag!!!!! Kobe will be crying like a lil ***** at the end of these finals!!! lol

Trout 1

sawoobley
06-01-2010, 11:38 PM
Lakers in 5.

Stop Rondo and perhaps Allen = stop Celtics.

Trout 1
06-02-2010, 12:19 AM
Lakers in 5.

Stop Rondo and perhaps Allen = stop Celtics.

Lakers CANT stop Rondo!!!!

Trout 1

troutdog
06-02-2010, 01:13 AM
Cmon TD...

1. You cannot use the transitive property of mathematics (http://www.mathwords.com/t/transitive_property.htm) and apply it to sports.

Unless Farmar (aka, Far-Less) and Shannon Brown step up to give DFish some help, Rondo has the talent to run circles around the crafty veteran. If the Lakers have to resort to sending Kobe after Rondo, it will affect him on the offensive side. Rondo isn't an aging Steve Nash, or an overhyped Deron Williams; think more of a Russell Westbrook, who gave the Lakers trouble throughout that series, and personally, was the reason that series went to 7.

The Gasol/Garnett match up will also be an interesting and entertaining one. I think both are evenly matched, probably the best two finesse power forwards in the game today.

Paul Pierce and Ron Ron....South Central versus Queensbridge. West Coast versus East Coast. Artest has held Pierce below his season average this year, and is an excellent defender that will crowd Pierce, who excels in step back jumpers, and lean in paint play. With Artest static cling defend, it will prevent Pierce from getting into his game. Conversely, Artest's sketchy shooting and questionable shot selection will be fresh in Doc River's head and he will test Artest by drawing double teams to Kobe early on. I just hope Ron Ron can be patient and smart with shot selection, or else he may fall right into Boston's man to man defenisive trap and shoot the Lakers out of ball games.

Khlomar Odom needs to grow a pair, and break defenses down with his dribble drive. Bynum will not be a factor, so Perkins may be the wild card in Boston's deck.

Finally, Kobe versus an aging Ray Allen. Not even a matchup, no matter how much Ray Allen's momma yells from the sideline. The Mamba will have his way with Allen, and even on the defensive side, if Kobe gets lost around a Perkins screen and Gasol switches off to Allen, Gasol is a pretty agile 7 footer that can disrupt the spot up shooting of Allen.

Lakers in 7. This series is perfect for David Stern to stretch it as much as possible so the NBA gets their cash. The home field advantage is extremely important, and will be the key to the Lakers winning the championship.

I should have probably used the word "ironically" as opposed to "yet", regardless I know the regular season means little if anything....just like the fact the road team won both games by a point in the regular season. This is going to be an epic match up, nice break down btw...good read.

Personally I think the difference between this series and two years ago will be as follows:
1. Having Ron Artest's muscle and overall presence this time around, Ariza was a non factor that series and the toughness of the "fiesty" vet brings to the table will be key.

2. Gasol seems to have gotten better and much tougher, hard not to be after the "CupCake of 2008" performance.

3. Kobe wants it more than anyone on either side of the ball and will not allow himself to get shut down like he did a couple years ago. PERIOD.

Lastly the Lakers will remember this very well and will not want history to repeat itself.
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=mc-lakersceltics053010

Boston has this in the bag!!!!! Kobe will be crying like a lil ***** at the end of these finals!!! lol

Trout 1

Note to self, "defriend" Trout 1 :LOL:

GO LAKERS!!!!

TD

wellbilldancesays
06-02-2010, 07:53 AM
I agree with your analysis DS, however I do think Bynum can be factor in the series, if anything a big body in the middle blocking the lane, and the length to pull down rebounds. Also maybe stick Sasha for parts of the game on Rondo? Until he pulled that bone head move he was doing pretty good with the D stopping Dragic. Also I hope someone rings Rondo's bell in one of the the first two games in LA , a little payback for that hit on Gasol. Enter Mbenga with the throat chop.

On a side note Bynum will be gone next year, replaced by Bosh and Alvin Gentry will be taking over for Jackson.

06-02-2010, 07:58 AM

TD

you cant go by regular season victories.sorry.remember people were counting out the celts.look what they did to lebron .i believe the cavs swept the lake show,am i correct.so lets go by what you see in the playoffs.

06-02-2010, 08:04 AM

Trout 1

this is far from being in the bag.kobe is gonna get the lebron treatment,everytime he turns a corner he's gonna have a big man in front of him.this could go either way.this is gonna be a great series i cant wait.

The Angler
06-02-2010, 10:02 AM
Showtime in 6

SierraPeaks
06-02-2010, 10:46 AM
As much as I hate the Celtics (and I'm Irish) there's no way I'm going to predict a Lakers championship. When these two teams get together...you never what what is going to happen.

But I'd love to see a Laker sweep and shut those loud-mouthed New Englanders up...at least for a year.

wellbilldancesays
06-02-2010, 11:21 AM
But I'd love to see a Laker sweep and shut those loud-mouthed New Englanders up...at least for a year.

Oh man that would be sooo sweet but yeah those odds are pretty slim for that to happen.

Santa Fe Eric
06-02-2010, 02:19 PM
Put Rhondo on the floor the first few times he tries to penetrate the paint and he will disappear. Unfortunately that won't happen. Therefore, I say Lakers in 7.

CL SmooV
06-02-2010, 02:27 PM
Game 1: Celts 101 Lakers 93
- PP dominates in game 1 and is happy to be back home in the hood. PJ takes media jabs @ RA for not playing him smarter.

Game 2: Lakers 96 Celts 95
- Late game heroics by the black mamba. PP continues to use RA. Ray has a monster game from the arc as fish, farmar, and brown cant keep up with him. Lakers play night and day difference from the first game in the Defense department.

Game 3: Celtics 98 Lakers 86
- Lakers get blasted out the gate with the Celts going up by as much as 21. Ray, KG, and Rondo kill the lakers D. Gasol gets dominated. Bynum gets into foul trouble early. RA plays good D finally holding PP to 12 and 28% from the field.

Game 4: Celtics 87 Lakers 86
- D Fish misses the long 2 at the end of the game. Lakers still cant get a bearing on the Celts defenisvely.

Game 5: Lakers 100 Celtics 97
- Kobe goes for 50 plus to keep title hopes alive. Bynum has an impactful game finally.

Game 6: Celtics 94 Lakers 90
- KG blasts the lakers in the fourth going for 30 with 10 boards. Riots ensue on Fig and the LAPD has to come make some arrests. Weeks later PJ announces he will go coach LJ, Rose, and Bosh in the Chi.

wellbilldancesays
06-02-2010, 02:49 PM
- PP dominates in game 1 and is happy to be back home in the hood. PJ takes media jabs @ RA for not playing him smarter.

- Late game heroics by the black mamba. PP continues to use RA. Ray has a monster game from the arc as fish, farmar, and brown cant keep up with him. Lakers play night and day difference from the first game in the Defense department.

- Lakers get blasted out the gate with the Celts going up by as much as 21. Ray, KG, and Rondo kill the lakers D. Gasol gets dominated. Bynum gets into foul trouble early. RA plays good D finally holding PP to 12 and 28% from the field.

- D Fish misses the long 2 at the end of the game. Lakers still cant get a bearing on the Celts defenisvely.

- Kobe goes for 50 plus to keep title hopes alive. Bynum has an impactful game finally.

- KG blasts the lakers in the fourth going for 30 with 10 boards. Riots ensue on Fig and the LAPD has to come make some arrests. Weeks later PJ announces he will go coach LJ, Rose, and Bosh in the Chi.

Had to quote this so I can put this on blast later.

06-02-2010, 02:53 PM
Had to quote this so I can put this on blast later.

lmao.im a bulls and i wish.

CL SmooV
06-02-2010, 03:04 PM
Im a bulls fan too, nothin wrong with wishful thinkin.

As for the lake show, I want them to win bad, but a celtic team that took out the heat, cavs, and magic is a bad team. i hope celts lack of depth catches up with them.

and oh, blast me all you want if the lake show wins, no money is involved with this : )

wellbilldancesays
06-02-2010, 03:32 PM
and oh, blast me all you want if the lake show wins, no money is involved with this : )

It's all good BUT if the series breaks down like you say, it will be a tough start to the summer for ol' wellbilldancesays.

fuj
06-02-2010, 03:35 PM
Other than the Bulls' fan part, CL SmooV echos my thoughts exactly. As much as it pains Lakers' fans to do it, you have to give the Celts serious props for their postseason run so far. The Lakers' path to the finals was certainly much easier than Boston's.

Anyway, sit back and enjoy the series, this one's too close to call on paper!

wellbilldancesays
06-02-2010, 04:27 PM
Other than the Bulls' fan part, CL SmooV The Lakers' path to the finals was certainly much easier than Boston's.

Oh Really?! Why was that? Perhaps its because the Laker's were stronger and the Celtic's are older and slower so it seemed like that.

06-02-2010, 04:32 PM
Oh Really?! Why was that? Perhaps its because the Laker's were stronger and the Celtic's are older and slower so it seemed like that.

you know better than that bill dance.lakers played an 8th seed which was there toughest opp.then undersized jazz,2starters missing,then the no playing d suns.boston,beat the heat which is a gimme.but other then that,took out top seed in the league,then took out the number 2 seed in the league,home court for da first round,took out the other teams as road team.just stating the facts.

Troutman65
06-02-2010, 04:38 PM
I will be watching the game tomorrow and throw back a few beers

Hometown
06-02-2010, 04:38 PM
Im agree with you TD but I think it will be lakes in 7
Can't ask for a better finals imo...a classic battle between arguably the two biggest rivals in all of sports.

So who you think is going to win and why?

I say Lakers in 6, home court and deeper bench(oh and that #24 guy) are the difference.

TD

wellbilldancesays
06-02-2010, 05:32 PM
FMFLB the Celtics beat Lebron, big deal a proven choker in the playoffs. Then they beat the Magic at home with the ultimate no show player for big games, Vince Carter. Then according to PP they were going to sweep the Magic only to start crying how physical the Magic were playing. They did win yes but took some HARD knocks in the process.

I love this video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LCJK1hPpLCE

Which team is better than they were in the 08 finals and which one has lost a step or two?

fuj
06-02-2010, 06:40 PM

It absolutely was because the Lakers were stronger than their opponents. It's all about match-ups. The Lakers had an extremely favorable path to the finals because they presented a match-up nightmare in particular to Utah and Phoenix. But if things had gone a little differently and the Lakers had to face Denver along the way, we might not be having this conversation.

We could talk about "what if's" for the rest of the series and it won't mean a damn thing. Keep your Laker-colored glasses on, wellbilldancesays, and have fun watching the series through them. :Cool: Like you, I hope the Lakers sweep the Celts right out of their own arena. But IMHO, that won't happen because neither team has a decided match-up advantage over the other.

06-02-2010, 06:42 PM
FMFLB the Celtics beat Lebron, big deal a proven choker in the playoffs. Then they beat the Magic at home with the ultimate no show player for big games, Vince Carter. Then according to PP they were going to sweep the Magic only to start crying how physical the Magic were playing. They did win yes but took some HARD knocks in the process.

I love this video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LCJK1hPpLCE

Which team is better than they were in the 08 finals and which one has lost a step or two?

i just typed all you need to see,they beat the 1-2 teams in the n.b.a.defensive minded teams.lakers have'nt seen a team like this in the playoffs.dont know why peeps make a big deal out of the lakers beatin the suns,jazz,and the thunder,whoopie.thats not impressive to me.we'll just sit back and watch the series and see.now if they would of went thru nugs and the spurs that would be diff.but the suns,jazz,give me a break.if your a fan of the n.b.a.you see what i see.i understand your a laker fan.and i think the boston celtics have gotten better,they smashed the lakers with the big three.now they got the big 4 with rondo leadin the way.lakes are in trouble and they know it.

06-02-2010, 06:45 PM
It absolutely was because the Lakers were stronger than their opponents. It's all about match-ups. The Lakers had an extremely favorable path to the finals because they presented a match-up nightmare in particular to Utah and Phoenix. But if things had gone a little differently and the Lakers had to face Denver along the way, we might not be having this conversation.

We could talk about "what if's" for the rest of the series and it won't mean a damn thing. Keep your Laker-colored glasses on, wellbilldancesays, and have fun watching the series through them. :Cool: Like you, I hope the Lakers sweep the Celts right out of their own arena. But IMHO, that won't happen because neither team has a decided match-up advantage over the other.

i agree with all you said,its all about match ups,the celtics are bigger then they were in 08.leon powe is gone,add rasheed bigger.matched up pretty well.

wellbilldancesays
06-02-2010, 07:26 PM
FMFLB what happened to the nugs and spurs? Oh yeah thats right! The Spurs got SWEPT by the suns and the nuggs lost to the the Jazz, both of which got paddled by Lakers. For being a "fan" of the NBA your statement is full of WEAK!

DarkShadow
06-02-2010, 08:14 PM
FMFLB what happened to the nugs and spurs? Oh yeah thats right! The Spurs got SWEPT by the suns and the nuggs lost to the the Jazz, both of which got paddled by Lakers.

Ahem...

Cmon TD...

:Wink:

troutdog
06-02-2010, 08:24 PM
you cant go by regular season victories.sorry.remember people were counting out the celts.look what they did to lebron .i believe the cavs swept the lake show,am i correct.so lets go by what you see in the playoffs.

I get that FFLB, but if you look back I originally highlighted in red the fact you were pointing out the Suns play no defense(gave up 98 and 103 pts vs Bos in the victoies btw)....thus my response was "yet they beat Boston twice", it was simply an observation. This comment obviously has no bearing on the playoffs, btw this just in the Suns have been eliminated by LA! :LOL:

GO LAKERS!!!

TD

wellbilldancesays
06-03-2010, 07:28 AM
Ahem...

1. You cannot use the transitive property of mathematics and apply it to sports.

:Wink:

I just did! ;-)

06-03-2010, 07:36 AM
well i'll just sit back and watch the series,and you guys will see.i see a bunch of kool aid drinkers and that color their drinkin happens to be purple.so good luck ladies.

Liteliner
06-03-2010, 10:59 AM
Psssshhhhhhh....

Lakers 2010 anthem
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tVu-mxoNKQM

DarkShadow
06-03-2010, 11:16 AM
Lakers 2010 anthem
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tVu-mxoNKQM

SMH :-/

I hope this isn't the "official" anthem.

I wish I had 4 hands, so I could give that "song" 4 thumbs down.

wellbilldancesays
06-03-2010, 11:51 AM
SMH :-/

I hope this isn't the "official" anthem.

I wish I had 4 hands, so I could give that "song" 4 thumbs down.

Are you kidding me DS?! I'm trying to figure out how to download that funky fresh rap to my Ipod right now!!

chris273
06-03-2010, 02:12 PM
.kobe and gasol are gonna get theirs but the key is lamar.but i believe celts in 6.imho

kobe & gasol did not get theres in the last metting gasol got punched in the mouth and was looking for his mommy and kobe got locked up by pierce...

chris273
06-03-2010, 02:25 PM
cmon td...

Unless farmar (aka, far-less) and shannon brown step up to give dfish some help, rondo has the talent to run circles around the crafty veteran

.lol lol lol all fisher has to do is back off rondo and let rondo try to hit an outside shot he couldnt hit water if he fell out of a boat...the crafty vetern will not guard him tight

if the lakers have to resort to sending kobe after rondo, it will affect him on the offensive side. Rondo isn't an aging steve nash, or an overhyped deron williams;

wtf overhyped d williams plz name the top 5 guard in the assoc?

Think more of a russell westbrook, who gave the lakers trouble throughout that series, and personally, was the reason that series went to 7

. Rondo doesnt come close to the speed westbrook has....and this is the same rondo the sasha gave fits to remeber???? The same rondo the celtics where activally shopping last year & this year

the gasol/garnett match up will also be an interesting and entertaining one. I think both are evenly matched, probably the best two finesse power forwards in the game today.

Evenly matched kg is 1/2 the person he was the last time they where in the finals he avergaed what 12 & 9 throughout the playoffs this year.....gasol should own own own that match up

paul pierce and ron ron....south central versus queensbridge. West coast versus east coast. Artest has held pierce below his season average this year, and is an excellent defender that will crowd pierce, who excels in step back jumpers, and lean in paint play. With artest static cling defend, it will prevent pierce from getting into his game. Conversely, artest's sketchy shooting and questionable shot selection will be fresh in doc river's head and he will test artest by drawing double teams to kobe early on. I just hope ron ron can be patient and smart with shot selection, or else he may fall right into boston's man to man defenisive trap and shoot the lakers out of ball games.

Hey lol i actually agree with you on this lol

khlomar odom needs to grow a pair, and break defenses down with his dribble drive. Bynum will not be a factor, so perkins may be the wild card in boston's deck.

I have some special candy for odom hopefully that will work lol u are right on lamar and drew. Drews knee is real bad we will be lucky to get 10min from him

finally, kobe versus an aging ray allen. Not even a matchup, no matter how much ray allen's momma yells from the sideline.lmao i almost forgot about that
the mamba will have his way with allen, and even on the defensive side, if kobe gets lost around a perkins screen and gasol switches off to allen, gasol is a pretty agile 7 footer that can disrupt the spot up shooting of allen.

Lakers in 7. This series is perfect for david stern to stretch it as much as possible so the nba gets their cash. The home field advantage is extremely important, and will be the key to the lakers winning the championship.

i agree with you here also

sawoobley
06-03-2010, 02:43 PM

Trout 1

If Fisher cannot get it done Kobe will have to help out. He has been successful against Rondo before. Although Rondo has become a pretty great player Phil Jackson is a great coach and will develop a sound strategy against him. Fisher can help out guarding Allen while Kobe spends some time with Rondo.

Lakers!

:Cool:

chris273
06-03-2010, 03:02 PM
On a side note Bynum will be gone next year, replaced by Bosh and Alvin Gentry will be taking over for Jackson.

what u smokin willis i want some lol j/k

chris273
06-03-2010, 03:10 PM
game 1: Celts 101 lakers 93
- pp dominates in game 1 and is happy to be back home in the hood. Pj takes media jabs @ ra for not playing him smarter.

Possiable

game 2: Lakers 96 celts 95
- late game heroics by the black mamba. Pp continues to use ra. Ray has a monster game from the arc as fish, farmar, and brown cant keep up with him. Lakers play night and day difference from the first game in the defense department.

Possiable

game 3: Celtics 98 lakers 86
- lakers get blasted out the gate with the celts going up by as much as 21. Ray, kg, and rondo kill the lakers d. Gasol gets dominated. Bynum gets into foul trouble early. Ra plays good d finally holding pp to 12 and 28% from the field.

Possiable
game 4: Celtics 87 lakers 86

- d fish misses the long 2 at the end of the game. Lakers still cant get a bearing on the celts defenisvely.

I dont see how fish get the last shot unless kobe misses cuz 24 isnt passing that shot up in the finals againts the celtics

game 5: Lakers 100 celtics 97
- kobe goes for 50 plus to keep title hopes alive. Bynum has an impactful game finally.

Wow kobe for 50 to me thats a big streatch..dont think drew will have any impact on games not with that knee hes gonna be lucky if he sees more then 10 min again

game 6: Celtics 94 lakers 90
- kg blasts the lakers in the fourth going for 30 with 10 boards. Riots ensue on fig and the lapd has to come make some arrests. Weeks later pj announces he will go coach lj, rose, and bosh in the chi.

when was the last time kg went for 30 & 10 in a playoff game he doesnt have the kness for those kinda points
lmao pj goes back to the owner he hates the most

adiablo420
06-03-2010, 03:10 PM
the lakers have a past they need to fix... the last time they whooped our ***... the look in the lakers face.. I honestly see a 4-5 lakers all the way baby...

chris273
06-03-2010, 03:14 PM
i just typed all you need to see,they beat the 1-2 teams in the n.b.a.defensive minded teams.lakers have'nt seen a team like this in the playoffs.dont know why peeps make a big deal out of the lakers beatin the suns,jazz,and the thunder,whoopie.thats not impressive to me.we'll just sit back and watch the series and see.now if they would of went thru nugs and the spurs that would be diff.but the suns,jazz,give me a break.if your a fan of the n.b.a.you see what i see.i understand your a laker fan.and i think the boston celtics have gotten better,they smashed the lakers with the big three.now they got the big 4 with rondo leadin the way.lakes are in trouble and they know it.

thats the advantage of haveing the best record in the west they did there work in the regular season so the #1 seed can have a cake walk

06-03-2010, 03:52 PM
thats the advantage of haveing the best record in the west they did there work in the regular season so the #1 seed can have a cake walk

so what does that say about boston? lakers played soft teams(finesse)i should say.boston played teams know for pyshical syle play,and handed queen james,and d howard,there asses.all on the road.tested by better teams than the lakes.imo

chris273
06-03-2010, 04:15 PM
Thats the difference between the east & west east is more physical west is more finess
but dont think that because the lakers had it easier in the playoffs then the celtics means the celtics are better or will win the series..look it last year orlando pretty much went the same rute boston has this year & orlando got owned last year

wellbilldancesays
06-03-2010, 08:57 PM
[QUOTE=CL SmooV;462154]Game 1: Celts 101 Lakers 93

QUOTE]

Two words.

FREE TACOS!!!!!

troutdog
06-03-2010, 09:09 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TIvxqUCu41Q&feature=related

I sure hope the celts enjoyed that 2-0 lead they had to start the game.....that was the only time they were actually ahead :Secret:

TD

chris273
06-03-2010, 09:28 PM

QUOTE]

Two words.

FREE TACOS!!!!!

lol pp dominates????
P. Pierce 24 Pts, 9 Reb, 4 Ast, 2 Blk
K. Bryant 30 Pts, 7 Reb, 6 Ast, 1 Stl, 1 Blk
i wouldnt call that dominating

sawoobley
06-03-2010, 10:39 PM
The Lakers are looking great so far! I remember after Shaq left the Lakers oftentimes played lazy basketball for several years. They would settle for 3-pointers and long jump shots instead of driving in. Lamar Odom was not living up to his potential in those days even though he has incredible skills and height (just lacks confidence).

However, the Lakers have been really cohesive this year as a team and especially today. If they play with the same determination and unity then I believe they will have this series in the bag. Kobe and Gasol have been unstoppable. Gasol can do all his moves with either hand now which makes him deadly. Both are intelligent players. Kobe really threw the Celtics for a loop by driving to the hoop more than usual. Fisher is a rock as usual and is a killer at the 3 point line. Artest is awesome on defense and has become a threat on offense especially with the wide open 3's that he has been getting. Bynum has also been contributing which is great since he is such a huge guy. Odom is a huge guy that can dribble better than Kobe, he can shoot 3's, drive in and rebound. He has really come alive lately. But, when are they going to play "the machine"? Is he too hurt to play. I really miss that guy. I also hope they play Mbenga. I get a kick out of watching him play - he always puts in a 110% and does well on defense.

I think the Lakers really hindered the inside game of the Celtics. Though Rondo scored points and had some good plays he did not run all over the Lakers like he did to the previous teams he went up against in the playoffs, and he did not get everyone involved in scoring easy points. Allen struggled somewhat also due to foul trouble. Paul Pierce is the only person that they did not contain as he scored a lot and did well in rebounding.

I hope the Lakers can keep the energy, stay focused and limit Rondo and Allen because if they do its bye bye Celtics...

06-04-2010, 07:15 AM
ouch,boston got clocked in the jaw last night.also refs need to let the guys play,i hate watching a free throw contest.horrible calls both ways.maybe cause d.stern was in the house.

fishincrave
06-04-2010, 11:10 AM

- Kobe goes for 50 plus to keep title hopes -00alive. Bynum has an impactful game finally.

well you stared off wrong and you are gona end up wrong :LOL:

Lakers -1
Celtics -0
and Wallace tried to play the dirty tough guy but that didn't work LMAO :ROFL:
jackson is 47 -0 in a playoff series when his team wins the first game .

Sean

Trout 1
06-04-2010, 11:39 AM
celtics pride!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Eat Sleep Fish
06-04-2010, 07:00 PM

Go down to Staples Center on Sunday, oh say around 7:30ish....and keep on yelling that....see how that works out for ya!

DarkShadow
06-04-2010, 07:24 PM
Kobe will be crying like a lil ***** at the end of these finals!!! lol

Stuart Scott at ESPN is at risk of losing his analyst job with gems like this.

;-)

AngryAgent
06-05-2010, 09:48 AM

Your man card is now being revoked and your California privileges are now cancelled. You sir may leave now:Envious:

Lakers looked like everything that everyone said they weren't, tough, strong, defensively strong and lastly a concerted focused team. If they play like this on defense and let the offense come to them this will be a 5 game series instead of 6. Boston is too good to sweep (boy I hate saying that) but they aren't as good as the 08 team and will not beat us this year. KG is a loud mouth and I can't wait to see the Celts lose to shut him up, Pierce is also cocky as hell and this will go a long way to shutting that whole team up. I can see that team being split up after this year when they lose in the finals. Also KG has lost a step and you could see he couldn't get lift off of that bum knee at the end of game 1. Perkins is a big body but his height is lacking and if Bynum can provide the same kind of minutes that he did in game one the trio of KG, Perkins and Wallace are in trouble.. Wallace is a time bomb and instead of playing on the block where he belongs has now fallen in love with the 3 point line and thinks he's Ray Allen. Stay out there Sheed please:Envious: Rondo also looked like he wasn't himself and I think his back is giving him problems not to mention having Kobe draped all over you with his focus on winning another title in his head Rondo will not look like he did in all of the previous series the Celts played in. Lakers are the better team no doubt but they have to stick to the defense and focus on it more then anything else. Defense and Rebounds will win this title, that is the formula. Lakers sure seem to have gotten tougher ehh..

Oh and I forgot to mention Artest. That dude is exactly what we needed against a team like this! He isn't a punk!

Hitts0n
06-05-2010, 01:50 PM
why the animosity, tm65?

Did a bully in a laker jersey harrass you in the 3rd grade?

lmao! No one can fade the lakers beeeoottccchhheeess!!!

Trout 1
06-05-2010, 02:58 PM
Go down to Staples Center on Sunday, oh say around 7:30ish....and keep on yelling that....see how that works out for ya!

Thats funny you say that......I wont be there personaly but I know a few Die hard CELTICS fans that will be there rooting for us!!!!

GO CELTICS!!!!!!
Trout 1

billy b
06-05-2010, 04:48 PM
What an "if only" ... What if the Lakers (who were favored) had won in '08?
They'd be tied for most rings ... that would've really hyped up this series ... I know "If wishes and buts, were candy and nuts ..."

Anyways the Lakers do have the better playoff record ... in the other categories (wins, appearances, # of finals, etc) ... so it makes it a little more hyped.

AS for the fouls ... I'm sympathize with slowing the game down ... but if you don't call em ... the Celtics will have an unfair advantage ... because they're thuggers and muggers. Still the refs allowed them to have their way as shown by them getting more foul shots.

Trout Nine
06-05-2010, 07:12 PM
1 down 3 to GO LAKERS!

troutdog
06-05-2010, 09:18 PM
Oh and I forgot to mention Artest. That dude is exactly what we needed against a team like this! He isn't a punk!

Artest has been HUGE in the post season, I knew losing Ariza and getting Ron-Ron was going to be the upgrade we needed! Loved the story about him dropping 18K on 2 courtside tickets and giving them to two random fans that he never met. Good stuff.

TD

wellbilldancesays
06-06-2010, 08:04 PM
There must be something wrong with my TV, it clearly showed garnett push that ball out of bounds. Also i didnt see Kobe push Rondo out of bounds? But the #13 ref was right there with a better position than me.

troutdog
06-06-2010, 08:07 PM
Wierd calls tonight, no excuse RA was super human in the 1st half and they still had a chance to take the game...we'll gettum in beantown!

TD

wellbilldancesays
06-06-2010, 08:31 PM
Dont get me wrong though those calls weren't the deciding factor in the game. RA was incredible and Farmar as well as Brown couldn't recognize to stay with him no matter what, plus Rondo was amazing. Lamar Odum was a no show for the second time in a row, we didnt control the boards like we should, Kobe foul trouble didnt help (still can't help to think Stern was in on that , a little payback for Ray Allen getting ful trouble the game before) and Artest was exactly on either.
The good news its a series and Lakers are more than capable of beating Boston TWICE out of three and Bynum played with alot of heart tonight.
BTW whats up with KG?

Trout 1
06-06-2010, 08:56 PM
Sooooo?????? Who won game 2??? OHHHHHHH thats right the BEST did the CELTICS!!!!!!! Yeah buddy!!!! Come on all u laker fans, you know Ray Allen was killin' it tonight!!!!

wellbilldancesays
06-06-2010, 09:00 PM
Trout1 is that you in your avatar? If so are you related to Snooki?

GeordyBass
06-06-2010, 09:13 PM
Nah it was the Refs! They screwed us over way too many... i won't be surprised if the fans at the games gave them a hard beatdown!

Trout 1
06-06-2010, 10:59 PM
Trout1 is that you in your avatar? If so are you related to Snooki?

Hey buddy you can talk all the **** you want your just mad cause the fakers lost......suck it up and stop *****ing....... pull your big girl panties up why dont you....

Trout 1

wellbilldancesays
06-07-2010, 06:12 AM
Hey buddy you can talk all the **** you want your just mad cause the fakers lost......suck it up and stop *****ing....... pull your big girl panties up why dont you....

Trout 1

So your not related to Snooki then?

koifish
06-07-2010, 07:41 AM
Artest 1-10 ...what a joke.... go back to Sacramento... don't you want a ring...
Odom 1-3 ...trade him.. no consistent....

LA can't win the series if these 2 guys can't play..

sawoobley
06-07-2010, 07:41 AM
Sooooo?????? Who won game 2??? OHHHHHHH thats right the BEST did the CELTICS!!!!!!! Yeah buddy!!!! Come on all u laker fans, you know Ray Allen was killin' it tonight!!!!

I have to admit that Ray Allen was on point last night. I even cheered for him when he broke the 3 point record for most 3's in a playoff game and a half. Allen really carried his team in the first half as he did not have much help offensively. Rondo had some cool moves as well and was much more aggressive. He'll be fun to watch throughout his career. I have incorporated a couple of his moves into my basketball game and they work beautifully :Razz:. I especially like the one where he cups the ball and pulls it way back behind him and then pulls off the scoop shot. He had a real good fake out against Bynum.

That being said the Lakers and Kobe played well last night. Kobe pulled off some great clutch 3 pointers. You have to love that guys basketball abilities! I really think the refs are putting a real damper on the playoffs. Why do they have to get so emotional and over react to everything! All of a sudden they call a foul if there is even the appearance of contact between two players. Kobe took a lot from the officials last night with the foul calls. How about the time in the 4th Rondo reached around Kobe's back and barely got his hand to his side and some how magically made the ball triple in speed while he took it away from Kobe. Impossible! Oh well. The Lakers will have to adapt to the poor officiating which occured against both teams but it hurt the Lakers much more. There were 58 fouls called in that game - 29 against each team. Seems unbelievable to me. I thought they were suppose to call less fouls in the playoffs not more.

The Lakers should have made some adjustments on Allen sooner. Fisher got killed last night defending Allen and Rondo. Although Phil Jackson mentioned that the refs had something to do with that it is not really an excuse because there were some adjustments that could have been made to give Fisher some assistance. I really hope they play Sasha "The machine" more. He practically plays full court defense and really harasses the other team with his defense. His 3's are also a killer.

How about Bynum last night. Wow, he came alive. If he can continue to give us that kind of production then watch out! Gasol was a stud as usual. He really is a stand up guy. The media did a number on him when they twisted his words in an interview to generate problems between him and Garnett. He did not let it affect him though, good for him.

I expect Phil Jackson will work it out so his starters will not get into foul trouble next game. Either they will have to be extra careful in the first half or he will have to take them out sooner when they get into foul trouble. If they can do that and stop Rondo and Allen as I have stated in an earlier post then we'll bury these leprechauns once and for all!

06-07-2010, 07:43 AM
Dont get me wrong though those calls weren't the deciding factor in the game. RA was incredible and Farmar as well as Brown couldn't recognize to stay with him no matter what, plus Rondo was amazing. Lamar Odum was a no show for the second time in a row, we didnt control the boards like we should, Kobe foul trouble didnt help (still can't help to think Stern was in on that , a little payback for Ray Allen getting ful trouble the game before) and Artest was exactly on either.
The good news its a series and Lakers are more than capable of beating Boston TWICE out of three and Bynum played with alot of heart tonight.
BTW whats up with KG?
please do not use the refs as a excuse,first game pretty even,game 2,lakers shot 41 ft's,to the celts 26.so no whinning about david stern,i just dont get it,hoot and hooler when they win and when they lose blame it on the refs.lakers just got cracked in the jaw sun!

06-07-2010, 07:46 AM
Nah it was the Refs! They screwed us over way too many... i won't be surprised if the fans at the games gave them a hard beatdown!

how can you say that,41ft's to 26 for the celts.just some one guard ray allen,thats twice he set records on the lakers.and about kg,when he starts to show up it's gonna be trouble,esp in the garden.good laker fans.

wellbilldancesays
06-07-2010, 08:10 AM
how can you say that,41ft's to 26 for the celts.just some one guard ray allen,thats twice he set records on the lakers.and about kg,when he starts to show up it's gonna be trouble,esp in the garden.good laker fans.

Did you not read the very first line in the response you quoted of mine or do you not have the capacity to retain more than 10% of what you read?

06-07-2010, 08:32 AM
just as all laker fans want to cry refs.sore sports,cant handle that the celts punched back.its was only 1 game.lmao.billdance your an idiot.lol.whiners typical bandwagon.

wellbilldancesays
06-07-2010, 09:59 AM
[QUOTE=wellbilldancesays;463228]Dont get me wrong though those calls weren't the deciding factor in the game. QUOTE]

FMFLB here maybe you can comprehend it now, since you only have to concentrate on one sentence, since an entire paragraph seems to be a bit much for you.

BTW....

An idiot, dolt, or dullard is a mentally deficient person.

Kinda like the pot calling the kettle black.

Hitts0n
06-07-2010, 10:32 AM
Man im not gonna lie.I'm worried now.3 straight on Boston....lol....will this be the end of los angeles?

06-07-2010, 11:27 AM
[QUOTE=wellbilldancesays;463228]Dont get me wrong though those calls weren't the deciding factor in the game. QUOTE]

FMFLB here maybe you can comprehend it now, since you only have to concentrate on one sentence, since an entire paragraph seems to be a bit much for you.

BTW....

An idiot, dolt, or dullard is a mentally deficient person.

Kinda like the pot calling the kettle black.

refs should never be brought up in a finals series.so dont jump off your laker bandwagon just yet.lmao.

06-07-2010, 11:28 AM
Man im not gonna lie.I'm worried now.3 straight on Boston....lol....will this be the end of los angeles?

why are you worried,you got kobe,and the mvp of the series pau gasol.should be alot of fun,especially if k.g and p.p show up.

wellbilldancesays
06-07-2010, 11:43 AM
[QUOTE=wellbilldancesays;463353]

refs should never be brought up in a finals series.so dont jump off your laker bandwagon just yet.lmao.

Yes because officials never make mistakes or have thrown a game.

Bandwagon Oh really? So I'm sure you were rooting for Reggie Theus, Dave Corzine , Orlando Woolridge and the likes back in the day. Or did the rooting start sometime after that? I'm guessing afterwards.
Hey PM your address I'll send you out this extra keyboard I have lying around. I'm pretty sure the space key still works on it.

06-07-2010, 04:28 PM
[QUOTE=fisherman from long beach;463380]

Yes because officials never make mistakes or have thrown a game.

Bandwagon Oh really? So I'm sure you were rooting for Reggie Theus, Dave Corzine , Orlando Woolridge and the likes back in the day. Or did the rooting start sometime after that? I'm guessing afterwards.
Hey PM your address I'll send you out this extra keyboard I have lying around. I'm pretty sure the space key still works on it.

you forgot charles oakely too.hahahaha.send the keyboard i can use it.pm sent.

Eat Sleep Fish
06-07-2010, 04:40 PM
With all the BS calls against the Lakers, I really wouldn't be surprised if Boston got away with one of these. I will officially stop watching the rest of the Finals, and the NBA for that matter.
http://lakers.topbuzz.com/gallery/d/1233-1/kobe-paul-pierce-22167437.jpg

There use to be a time when they would get the best refs for the Finals. The ones who had the fewest errors during the regular season. Now, it's whoever takes the best paycut to ref these games. Sad but true. Hopefully, Game 3 and so on will be officiated a little better, a little more spot on.

With that said, my prediction for Game 3:
LAL - 116
BOS - 95

Trout 1
06-07-2010, 11:12 PM
I think the refs have not been calling very good for ether team.....they have been calling bad period...

Here is a good laugh for US CELTICS fans........

http://i968.photobucket.com/albums/ae166/Trout1994/29326_1373539140168_1282493239_3105.jpg

jumpman
06-07-2010, 11:57 PM
like i said celtics would be here, i bet 2500 on the game and a tattoo against a laker fan..... i run my mouth but i know what my boys can do, we dont choke we handle the finals. celtics in five

06-08-2010, 10:14 AM
I think the refs have not been calling very good for ether team.....they have been calling bad period...

Here is a good laugh for US CELTICS fans........

http://i968.photobucket.com/albums/ae166/Trout1994/29326_1373539140168_1282493239_3105.jpg

dont get cocky celt fans this thing is far from over,now if kg and pp decide to show up,then i think they can win the series.until then.

Trout 1
06-08-2010, 11:57 AM
hahaha all Iam gonna say is I cant wait to rub the celtics winning into all of the laker fans!!!!!!

DarkShadow
06-08-2010, 12:45 PM
hahaha all Iam gonna say is I cant wait to rub the celtics winning into all of the laker fans!!!!!!

Make sure you get it on YouTube.

wellbilldancesays
06-08-2010, 06:10 PM
DAM!! Trout1 was your sis okay?

troutdog
06-08-2010, 08:57 PM
Derek Fisher baby.....

like i said celtics would be here, i bet 2500 on the game and a tattoo against a laker fan..... i run my mouth but i know what my boys can do, we dont choke we handle the finals. celtics in five

Not so much....

Again....tonight not so much!

Yeah I can't wait! :Wink:

TD

wellbilldancesays
06-08-2010, 09:01 PM
Fisher HERO of the night.

Ray Allen g08t for the night.

Trout 1
06-08-2010, 09:09 PM
wellbilldancesays:

DAM!! Trout1 was your sis okay?

I really dont know what the hell you are getting at but shut up dude........

Trout 1
06-08-2010, 09:10 PM
Good game laker ppl......But we gotcha next game...

Trout 1

EL_CHIDO
06-08-2010, 09:25 PM
What was that about not coming back to L.A., Paul Pierce?

That's what I thought, now suck it!

wellbilldancesays
06-08-2010, 09:27 PM
wellbilldancesays:

I really dont know what the hell you are getting at but shut up dude........

Oh you know sunshine, you know.

bsp
06-08-2010, 10:30 PM
Kevin Garnett played a great game tonight, and Derek Fisher was awesome when he went coast to coast. Go Lakers! Can't wait for Thursday.

The Angler
06-08-2010, 11:59 PM
I think Paul Pierce Might be right were not coming back to LA were gonna win it in Boston !!!

GO LAKERS!!!

"Silly Lebron, Championships are for Kobe."

Trout 1
06-09-2010, 12:12 AM
Dude no matter what we have to come back......

AngryAgent
06-09-2010, 12:52 AM

You need to come back to reality. Boston is a bunch of hacks and dirty players not to mention they cry about every call especially Garnett, Pierce, Allen and Wallace. Garnett is the most hated player among the NBA players and didn't used to be when he was with the Timberwolves. Wonder why that is... Garnett is a piece of **** and after he loses this series and has to eat some humble pie the only ones going to be laughing will be all the Garnett haters. Boston and you too:Envious: All in good fun though of course Trout-itch. Don't start back pedaling now either, giving us props after the game after all that head you talked. Fact is Boston is a year older and the Lakers are that much better then they were when they faced them in 08.

PS..

FishermanFromLongBeach you need to chill calling everyone that likes the Lakers band wagoners. I agreed with you on MJ but because you don't like the Lakers doesn't mean that everyone is a band wagoner. I could agree with WIldBill by calling you a bandwagoner after MJ showed up on the Bulls right?:Envious: You don't like the Lakers that's obvious but the Hater Aide that you're sipping is getting old.

Lakers in 6

Liteliner
06-09-2010, 02:02 AM
Good game tonight.. Ray Allen seems to have forgotten about playing basketball it seems. He seriously is looking for a good flop instead of a good shot...

Lets go Lakers...

06-09-2010, 07:05 AM
great game last night,real laker fans.not bandwagoners(A.agent).lol but anyways hard to sleep after games like that gotta love it.lakers punched back.now lets see what boston does.pierce needs to show up,if they want to win this series.so far m.v.p for lakers pau gasol,m.v.p for boston rajon.imho.and about bandwagoning the bulls i was 9yrs old when my uncle had me watch a bulls game with him,if you must know.so it was b4 championships,and still continues to this day.and i actually like some players from l.a.artest,brown,gasol.d fish.but i never seen a person try so hard to be like mike in kobe cryant,do you agree?kobe needs to be himself,and i would really enjoy watching him play.

wellbilldancesays
06-09-2010, 07:43 AM
Fmflb maybe its because they were both so great? I don't think Kobe is trying to act just like MJ , Kobe is just trying to be the best he can?

Speaking of bandwagons...
I don't know your history Fmflb but it's funny that you a bulls fan talks smack about a bandwagon when your on team was the biggest bandwagon followed team in all of the NBA.
But I can see why your getting all bunched up since it's been 12 years since your team has won a championship and there is no legitmate chance in sight to ever win another one.

06-09-2010, 08:17 AM
Fmflb maybe its because they were both so great? I don't think Kobe is trying to act just like MJ , Kobe is just trying to be the best he can?

Speaking of bandwagons...
I don't know your history Fmflb but it's funny that you a bulls fan talks smack about a bandwagon when your on team was the biggest bandwagon followed team in all of the NBA.
But I can see why your getting all bunched up since it's been 12 years since your team has won a championship and there is no legitmate chance in sight to ever win another one.

some of what you say is true,about bandwagon the bulls.but ive seen suppose to be bulls fans,become wizards fan.because of mike,i rooted for mike,but never even bought a jordan wizard jersey,and about the lakers the same goes for them,as far as bandwagon(showtime)great team,great players.i will always be a bulls fan,rooted for them after mike left,when they had the likes of ron merce,elton brand,eddie robinson.and about being champs again its on its way.thats a way for a true fan to always think.not jump of the wagon when they loose,like a bunch of laker fans i see it here at work,sorry call it like i see it.i seen it in the first round against the thunder,bailing out on their team.as far as kobe he want to be the best he can be,buuuut he tries hard to be like mike.sorry.you know its true.

wellbilldancesays
06-09-2010, 09:56 AM
some of what you say is true.

EVERYTHING I say is true.

06-09-2010, 10:38 AM
EVERYTHING I say is true.
in your world,but not mine.thanks for reading

SierraPeaks
06-09-2010, 11:15 AM

Not if the Lakers take all 3 in Boston. Probably won't happen...but you never know.

wellbilldancesays
06-09-2010, 11:26 AM
in your world,but not mine.thanks for reading

You're in my world now, grandma.

chye
06-09-2010, 11:44 AM
Lakers this, Celtics that.
Whatever dude..
The odds are against you.
That the Celtics are gonna lose.
Anyways..
I'll see you guys @ the Laker's Parade! :)

LETS GO LAKER'S! LETS GO!

chris273
06-09-2010, 11:55 AM
sooooo?????? Who won game 2??? Ohhhhhhh thats right the best did the celtics!!!!!!! Yeah buddy!!!! Come on all u laker fans, you know ray allen was killin' it tonight!!!!

lmao he went from hero to zero jus like that

chris273
06-09-2010, 11:59 AM

i guess game 3 shoots that in the foot

chris273
06-09-2010, 01:10 PM
like i said celtics would be here, i bet 2500 on the game and a tattoo against a laker fan..... I run my mouth but i know what my boys can do, we dont choke we handle the finals. Celtics in five

dont forget to take a pic of that new laker tatt u get so we all can see lol

Liteliner
06-09-2010, 01:12 PM
Forget Rondo. Lets hear it for D Fish... :Wink:

Trout 1
06-09-2010, 02:13 PM
You guys shouldnt dout the celtics........I know a few of u on here that were worried till last night....u will have that same felling when WE win the rest of the games....

wellbilldancesays
06-09-2010, 02:41 PM
Trout 1 how does one "dout" and what is a "felling" . Please enlighten us.

Trout 1
06-09-2010, 03:47 PM
Trout 1 how does one "dout" and what is a "felling" . Please enlighten us.

figure it out homeboy.......

AngryAgent
06-09-2010, 05:02 PM
figure it out homeboy.......
Ur Gangsta now?:Rolls Eyes:

Homeboy..? Really:Idiot:

The Celts aren't going to win the rest of the games and they are going to lose the series period. Wanna make a bet on it? I'll bet all my trout set-ups for your trout set-ups and I know mine are that much better then yours. You down or just talking out of your ***?

FFLB-The Bulls suck:Envious: Kobe doesn't act like MJ and you sound like you have a case of Kobe envy:Shocked: The best player in the league isn't on the Bulls and you can't stand the fact that he is on the heels of MJ for the title count. He has always been compared to Jordan since he came into the league and the closer he gets to getting 6 titles the comparisons will become more intense. If he wins 7 titles he may be called the best of all time and then what will you have to say? I was born a Laker fan since 1976:Envious: Born and raised in LA, who was I going to like the Clippers?:LOL: Don't hate on the Lakers Yo, and I won't hate on the sorry *** cows:Cool:

06-09-2010, 06:07 PM
Ur Gangsta now?:Rolls Eyes:

Homeboy..? Really:Idiot:

The Celts aren't going to win the rest of the games and they are going to lose the series period. Wanna make a bet on it? I'll bet all my trout set-ups for your trout set-ups and I know mine are that much better then yours. You down or just talking out of your ***?

FFLB-The Bulls suck:Envious: Kobe doesn't act like MJ and you sound like you have a case of Kobe envy:Shocked: The best player in the league isn't on the Bulls and you can't stand the fact that he is on the heels of MJ for the title count. He has always been compared to Jordan since he came into the league and the closer he gets to getting 6 titles the comparisons will become more intense. If he wins 7 titles he may be called the best of all time and then what will you have to say? I was born a Laker fan since 1976:Envious: Born and raised in LA, who was I going to like the Clippers?:LOL: Don't hate on the Lakers Yo, and I won't hate on the sorry *** cows:Cool:
dont hate on the lakers "yo".i dont understand the yo thing.and being born and raised in l.a dont make you a fan.only person gonna be compared to m.j has been lebron as far as skill.championships dont make anyone better,if that was the case then r horry is better than m.j....moo moo m.f.lol

Trout Nine
06-09-2010, 06:13 PM
2 down 2 to GO LAKERS!

Fishbones
06-09-2010, 07:04 PM
Guys.,., watch the language.,.,.,
if it gets crazy keep it in a pm please so no action will have to be taken,
thanks,

wellbilldancesays
06-09-2010, 08:30 PM
only person gonna be compared to m.j has been lebron as far as skill.

Well fear and loathing in long beach since you love to pull the so and so said card, what do you have to say about Lebron himself saying Kobe is the best one in the game right now?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fv37ykpYk84

Trout 1
06-09-2010, 09:27 PM
Don't hate on the Lakers Yo,

Talk about me trying to be gangsta? what do u call that??????

AngryAgent
06-09-2010, 09:57 PM
dont hate on the lakers "yo".i dont understand the yo thing.and being born and raised in l.a dont make you a fan.only person gonna be compared to m.j has been lebron as far as skill.championships dont make anyone better,if that was the case then r horry is better than m.j....moo moo m.f.lol

Alright I can see that you obviously are stuck in your bubble of blindness and will never be able to see anything but your narrow opinion. It's not worth my time. I was with you on the MJ thing but now I can see where you can't be held as someone with a reasonable view on things more just a Laker hater that is holding the nutz of the bulls in his palms. The Bulls will never have as many titles as the Lakers, Never----Ever.

jumpman
06-09-2010, 10:34 PM
ok everyone, lets not forget the 2008 season....... laker fans got over confident and we took that sexy trophy and wow those rings..... did you see them? ike shamrocks on them!!!!!! man i would be jealous of a team like this as well, or maybe jealous of a team that can lose out the finals at over 50% or just maybe because we have more banners in the stadium.... actually this is alot of reasons to hate the celtics, i would too if my team was SECOND BEST lol

dont trip cause fisherman alert...... LAKE SHOW IS GOING TO DRAIN....... see you in game four, tell your bank rolled refs to not interfear this time.......

Liteliner
06-10-2010, 12:08 AM
only person gonna be compared to m.j has been lebron as far as skill.championships dont make anyone better,if that was the case then r horry is better than m.j....moo moo m.f.lol

Your kidding right? Kobe is averaging almost 30 a game in the playoffs while Lebron is watchin at home after another pathetic exit from the playoffs. :Rolls Eyes: Some MVP....

And Horry deserves those championships. He aint Big Shot Rob for nothing.... :LOL:

06-10-2010, 07:40 AM
Your kidding right? Kobe is averaging almost 30 a game in the playoffs while Lebron is watchin at home after another pathetic exit from the playoffs. :Rolls Eyes: Some MVP....

And Horry deserves those championships. He aint Big Shot Rob for nothing.... :LOL:

were talking about stats here.were not talking about rings.did you not read my post.show me were kobe surpassed lebron in the last 3yrs.ok.lets put it this way,lebron has been in the league around seven years,show me some kobe stats in his first seven years.you can put lebrons stats against any year of kobes and lebron still is the best player.more rebound,more steals,more blocked shots,more assist,and scoring champ.2mvps in seven years is pretty good.kobe 1mvp,i believe steve nash has more m.vp's than kobe.poor lebron he cant hack it in the playoff,nobody said winning rings is easy.and your damn right horry deserves those rings!clutch.

06-10-2010, 07:51 AM
Alright I can see that you obviously are stuck in your bubble of blindness and will never be able to see anything but your narrow opinion. It's not worth my time. I was with you on the MJ thing but now I can see where you can't be held as someone with a reasonable view on things more just a Laker hater that is holding the nutz of the bulls in his palms. The Bulls will never have as many titles as the Lakers, Never----Ever.

im alright with my team being third all time with championships.boston and the lakers are great,great teams,no denying the "facts"but my team ran a decade not too many teams can say that.72-10 beat record.greatsest team put together.ssssoooo whats your point?

06-10-2010, 07:55 AM
Well fear and loathing in long beach since you love to pull the so and so said card, what do you have to say about Lebron himself saying Kobe is the best one in the game right now?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fv37ykpYk84

of course lebron is gonna say something like that!wtf do you think he's gonna say im the best.come up with something better!only person i ever heard say he's the best in the league was paul pierce.when he won his first champinship.

wellbilldancesays
06-10-2010, 08:17 AM
of course lebron is gonna say something like that!wtf do you think he's gonna say im the best.come up with something better!only person i ever heard say he's the best in the league was paul pierce.when he won his first champinship.

Actually yes I would expect him to say he's the best, especially since he has "chosen one" tattooed on his back.
Also you realize by posting this comment it basically defuncts half your argument in the greatest of all time thread.
Actually I apologize, of course you don't realize that.

wellbilldancesays
06-10-2010, 08:27 AM
show me were kobe surpassed lebron in the last 3yrs..

http://i631.photobucket.com/albums/uu33/air_07/Kobe.jpg

Liteliner
06-10-2010, 09:05 AM
were talking about stats here.were not talking about rings.did you not read my post.show me were kobe surpassed lebron in the last 3yrs.ok.lets put it this way,lebron has been in the league around seven years,show me some kobe stats in his first seven years.you can put lebrons stats against any year of kobes and lebron still is the best player.more rebound,more steals,more blocked shots,more assist,and scoring champ.2mvps in seven years is pretty good.kobe 1mvp,i believe steve nash has more m.vp's than kobe.poor lebron he cant hack it in the playoff,nobody said winning rings is easy.and your damn right horry deserves those rings!clutch.

The main goal of the NBA is to win the ring. That is the ultimate stat. Until Lebron gets his first ring he isnt even in a league close to Bryant/MJ....

06-10-2010, 10:25 AM
http://i631.photobucket.com/albums/uu33/air_07/Kobe.jpg

check it out bill dunce.lebron was'nt chosen on a laker team that had big shaq daddy in his old dominating self,he could'nt ride superman's cape.so i give kobe credit he finally led his team to a championship.you cant argue with that.but as what was stated was stats.and you got nerve to talk about someones edjamacaion.m.j didnt win his till 6yrs in.and umm got 6 real m.v.p's..ouch thats like a thorn in the side.hurtsdonut

chris273
06-10-2010, 10:28 AM
Wouldnt the best player in the nba be the one that takes the shots when the game is on the line????
Hmmm well we all have seen what lebron does in those situations right? Hell pass the ball, choke, etc etc..
Kobe wants the ball while lebron is scared
ask any coach or player who they want taking the last shot w/the game on the line
lebron plays the game for the $$ and what the game can do fo him (make him the first billionare,making his name a brand)
kobe plays for the rings
as far as mvp titles and all that stuff...do those tropheys really matter???? They might get that player some extra $$ from there contract bonus....the only trophy that matters is the world championship and the rings that come with...ask guys like ummmmm steve nash, dan marino etc etc etc if they would trade there mvp trophy for a championship

06-10-2010, 10:36 AM
The main goal of the NBA is to win the ring. That is the ultimate stat. Until Lebron gets his first ring he isnt even in a league close to Bryant/MJ....

liteliner, as i stated to billdunce,"stats".its all about the rings i agree.but lebron will win championships.he just gonna have to wait a couple of years.his time will come for that.i mean people talk about kobe is the best ever,i have a diffirent opinion.i think the stats that are documented kobe is not better than lebron,close on offense,but thats about it.and i dont like lebron i dont like his showboating dancing when he makes a shot.i wish noah would of got up and cracked that ugly bastard in the jaw.

06-10-2010, 10:47 AM
Wouldnt the best player in the nba be the one that takes the shots when the game is on the line????
Hmmm well we all have seen what lebron does in those situations right? Hell pass the ball, choke, etc etc..
Kobe wants the ball while lebron is scared
ask any coach or player who they want taking the last shot w/the game on the line
lebron plays the game for the $$ and what the game can do fo him (make him the first billionare,making his name a brand)
kobe plays for the rings
as far as mvp titles and all that stuff...do those tropheys really matter???? They might get that player some extra $$ from there contract bonus....the only trophy that matters is the world championship and the rings that come with...ask guys like ummmmm steve nash, dan marino etc etc etc if they would trade there mvp trophy for a championship

some people dont play for rings just the money.and i agree i want lebron on my team for 47mins and 52 secs,and i want kobe for the last 8sec.and mvp and defensive players all that matters.some people are not drafted on some winning franchises,look where he took cleveland,from the dumps to a title contender.

Eat Sleep Fish
06-10-2010, 11:02 AM
You guys are hilarious. All of you.

Actually have the nerve to talk about Kobe, Lebron, and MJ, for gods sake, in the same sentence.

They're all out trying to do their own thing, get their own. MJ did his share, and then some, and then some more. Kobe's still going strong. And Lebron, well he's learning how to play as a team, or he has to atleast...that is, IF he wants to get a ring. He's got a lot of talent, if not one of the best in the league. But until he can accept the fact that TEAMS win championships and PLAYERS win season mvp, he's not headed for a bright future.

Out of these three players, as far as rank, accomplishments, achievements, and whatever else makes a great player great:
1. Michael Jordan
2. Kobe Bryant
3. Lebron James

Anyone that argues that should pick another sport to watch....idk, maybe golf?? ...where you only have really one dominant, all eyes focused on one player.

END OF DISCUSSION. Please guys, stop it with the ignorant comments.

chris273
06-10-2010, 11:06 AM
check it out bill dunce.lebron was'nt chosen on a laker team that had big shaq daddy in his old dominating self,he could'nt ride superman's cape.so i give kobe credit he finally led his team to a championship.you cant argue with that.but as what was stated was stats.and you got nerve to talk about someones edjamacaion.m.j didnt win his till 6yrs in.and umm got 6 real m.v.p's..ouch thats like a thorn in the side.hurtsdonut

granted that shaq isnt what he was lebron & the cavs have not made it to the finals the last 2 years after having the best record in the nba......if your such a superstar/the best player in the nba you have the best record in the reg season & you cant get to the title game hmmmmm not so great theres no excuses for that...
as far as mj's 6 mvps he deserved them & cant take it away from him...but who votes on those?????hmmmm the same people that would hide & not report that mj had a gambling problem owed people lots of $$$, was an ********* to 90% of his players, cheated on his wife, etc etc...those of you who still think mj went to baseball for a "change" you jus dont have a clue.......youtube mjs hall of fame speach....thatlll show you how much of an butthole mj was

wellbilldancesays
06-10-2010, 11:10 AM
You know the only bandwagon I really see around here is the "hate the lakers" bandwagon, driven by FMFLB and Trout 1 riding shot gun.
I'm going to get you guys a couple of those Lakers flags so you guys can put those red circle cross out on it and drive around with them, that would be awesome.

chris273
06-10-2010, 11:18 AM
some people dont play for rings just the money.and i agree i want lebron on my team for 47mins and 52 secs,and i want kobe for the last 8sec.and mvp and defensive players all that matters.some people are not drafted on some winning franchises,look where he took cleveland,from the dumps to a title contender.

youll never be the BEST player if your playing for $$ you gotta want to the be the best its something you strive for work for it

06-10-2010, 11:24 AM
youll never be the BEST player if your playing for $$ you gotta want to the be the best its something you strive for work for it

yeah but to get paid you got to be one of the best.

chris273
06-10-2010, 11:26 AM
Anyone that argues that should pick another sport to watch....idk, maybe golf?? ...where you only have really one dominant, all eyes focused on one player.

golf is that a sport lol j/k.....hmmmmmmmmm whos the dominant in golf????i hope your not thinking tiger lol he hasnt been domination in what 2 yrs now lol lets see his last 3 tourneys what has happened hmmmmm lets see miss a cut then pull out of a tourney cuz of neck spasms lol is this the same guy that played and one the masters with basically 1 knee then a 20+ finish in the last one i dont even think hes ranked #1 anymore

chris273
06-10-2010, 11:30 AM
yeah but to get paid you got to be one of the best.

lmao now thats jus stupid

i guess shaqs 20+ mill a year means at this time hes one of the best
i guess when lamar was getting close to 16 mill a year he was close to be the best
your worth is only what someone is willing to pay you

06-10-2010, 11:32 AM
granted that shaq isnt what he was lebron & the cavs have not made it to the finals the last 2 years after having the best record in the nba......if your such a superstar/the best player in the nba you have the best record in the reg season & you cant get to the title game hmmmmm not so great theres no excuses for that...
as far as mj's 6 mvps he deserved them & cant take it away from him...but who votes on those?????hmmmm the same people that would hide & not report that mj had a gambling problem owed people lots of $$$, was an ********* to 90% of his players, cheated on his wife, etc etc...those of you who still think mj went to baseball for a "change" you jus dont have a clue.......youtube mjs hall of fame speach....thatlll show you how much of an butthole mj was
nobodies perfect.who doesnt know m.j was a prick.he had gambling probs.theres alot of rumors why mike played baseball,tied into the mob thats why his dad had to pay for it.how many players arent a holes to people.i hear ken griffey jr was the same,wouldnt sighn autographs,would charge people.so im done this can go on forever.........just joking.kobe still sucks.lmao,its lunch time

chris273
06-10-2010, 11:52 AM
nobodies perfect.who doesnt know m.j was a prick.he had gambling probs.theres alot of rumors why mike played baseball,tied into the mob thats why his dad had to pay for it.how many players arent a holes to people.i hear ken griffey jr was the same,wouldnt sighn autographs,would charge people.so im done this can go on forever.........just joking.kobe still sucks.lmao,its lunch time

your original point was on mjs mvps... i was trying to show that mvps are worthless they dont mean poop the writers vote on the mvp...if they dont like you your not getting the mvp

and as for whos perfect there is a person that comes to mind my hero TONY GWYNN WINK WINK lol

SierraPeaks
06-10-2010, 02:39 PM
Speaking of Shaq...he has a new girlfriend.
She's only 3 feet tall.

He's nuts over her.

Hitts0n
06-10-2010, 03:42 PM
speaking of shaq...he has a new girlfriend.
She's only 3 feet tall.

He's nuts over her.

lmaooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooo

06-10-2010, 03:57 PM
lmao now thats jus stupid

i guess shaqs 20+ mill a year means at this time hes one of the best
i guess when lamar was getting close to 16 mill a year he was close to be the best
your worth is only what someone is willing to pay you

shaq was one of the best,just old now.lamar could be great if he was consistant.and if they think your a missing piece of the puzzle and make them champs you pay.same way with lamar.some times you win and sometimes you dont.thats the gamble.or everybody would be champs.

chris273
06-10-2010, 04:16 PM
shaq was one of the best,just old now.lamar could be great if he was consistant.and if they think your a missing piece of the puzzle and make them champs you pay.same way with lamar.some times you win and sometimes you dont.thats the gamble.or everybody would be champs.

again your original point was the best players make the $$$..not true...
i gave you jus a few names to prove my point
ya back maybe 10 yrs ago shaq was worth 20+ mil but not now but thats what he got this year
again lamar got best player $$ not being even close to a best player...should of could of would of dont matter lamar is what he is never was never will be what you i or anyone else WANTS him to be

troutdog
06-10-2010, 08:10 PM
WOW....did this thread get derailed or what?! :LOL:

Ok now back to this Laker/celtic series, Boston looking like they want game 4 more than the Lakers midway through the 4th.....COME ON LAKERS!!!!

TD

DarkShadow
06-10-2010, 08:18 PM
Big Baby "Don't Call Me Big Baby, Call Me Uno Uno" Davis drools more than my boxer.

Trout 1
06-11-2010, 10:19 AM
Where are all you faker fans at now HUH? HUH? Yall out buying Celtics jerseys!?!?!?!?! HAHAHA silence....

06-11-2010, 10:26 AM
if Bynum does'nt play ,its gonna be hard for the lakers to win this series.and about time therefs let them play a lil.big baby took over the 4th.damn who ever wins this series its gonna be hard to pick an m.v.p.

Eat Sleep Fish
06-11-2010, 06:24 PM
if Bynum does'nt play ,its gonna be hard for the lakers to win this series.and about time therefs let them play a lil.big baby took over the 4th.damn who ever wins this series its gonna be hard to pick an m.v.p.

not really.

Lakers win: MVP Kobe (has led all players, both teams, in scoring)
Celtics win: MVP Rondo (put up a triple double, and has been the most consistent celtic)

sawoobley
06-11-2010, 07:37 PM
Phil Jackson said it best when he said the Celtics played desperate and got lucky.

The last two games have been pretty poor in the area of shooting for both teams. The Celtics bench did what the starters could not. Doc Rivers was smart to leave the back-ups in.

It will be tough for the Celtics to beat the Lakers when they have Kobe who can shoot fall away 3-pointers from 5 feet behind the line while jumping sideways and off balance with Ray Allen in his face!:EyePop::LOL::Twisted::Razz::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL ::UDaMan::UDaMan::UDaMan::Guns::Guns::Not Worthy::Not Worthy::Smash::Smash::Outta Here::Outta Here::High Five::High Five::Thumbs Up::Spank::Big Smile:
:OMG!::OMG!::OMG!::OMG!::OMG!::Neener Neener::Bug Eyes::Worship::Worship::OMG!::OMG!::OMG!::OMG!::OM G!:

Good luck with that.

Lakers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

06-11-2010, 08:29 PM
not really.

Lakers win: MVP Kobe (has led all players, both teams, in scoring)
Celtics win: MVP Rondo (put up a triple double, and has been the most consistent celtic)

you got to be consistant, for the lakers thats pau gasol.and i agree with the rondo guy.

troutdog
06-11-2010, 09:17 PM
Where are all you faker fans at now HUH? HUH? Yall out buying Celtics jerseys!?!?!?!?! HAHAHA silence....

You're all funny n stuff.....I think that salt water did something to your head brotha! :LOL:

TD

billy b
06-12-2010, 07:18 AM
My main concerns are

1. All of the 4th quarters have belonged to the Celtics ... who were known for fading in the fourth during the season
2. The last game, the Celtics were getting better, uncontested shots ... and missing ... they're going to make em sooner or later. The Laker's shots were more difficult. Pau and Ko-me have had to take some difficult shots.

Without a reasonably health Bynum ... ferrgeddit

Either trade of just dump in the trash can the whole bench except maybe Shannon who may have potential ... but only if he seems to want to work on it (his career, BTW) during the summer.

AngryAgent
06-12-2010, 10:11 AM
you got to be consistant, for the lakers thats pau gasol.and i agree with the rondo guy.

This is from the hater. No love for Kobe coming from this guy at all so this comment makes complete sense...

06-12-2010, 10:38 AM
This is from the hater. No love for Kobe coming from this guy at all so this comment makes complete sense...

sorry ,angry guy,no love for rapist.imho,i think pau gasol should've gottin it 08.he had the hardest defensive assignment with d howard. and was in double figs.you dont think?or do you suck kobe cryant nuts that much!

The Angler
06-12-2010, 08:43 PM
Hopefully The Lakers get it done tomarrow. Bynum hasnt really been a big factor so far so losing him would really hurt. We definitly need to post up gasol in the paint alot more. Kobe needs to attck the rim also and draw some fouls. Artest just need to stay in the locker room and watch some damn tape on how to play in a triangle. I dont know guys I think this one might go 7 its anyones game.

Hometown
06-12-2010, 11:01 PM
Im not a big Kobe fan but a huge laker fan and the guy gets it done on the hard wood no pun intended but to call a guy something thats been put to rest long ago sounds like a hater
sorry ,angry guy,no love for rapist.imho,i think pau gasol should've gottin it 08.he had the hardest defensive assignment with d howard. and was in double figs.you dont think?or do you suck kobe cryant nuts that much!

troutdog
06-13-2010, 06:56 PM
Lakers looking pretty lost through three quarters in game 5....c'mon Pau wake up!

TD

Eat Sleep Fish
06-13-2010, 08:25 PM
This ones going 7 games. Great for the league, great for the economy. Each game grosses millions and millions of dollars. From TV ads, ticket sales, airfare, hotels, the whole 9.

Also, it seems Vegas has a pretty strong say in this one. 7 games = more for the bosses in sin city. More money being flushed down the betting toilet.

Just all in all, couldn't be a better time than now, in this poor economy, for a 7 game stretch. I see it happening. Gotta feed the bosses in Vegas, you just got to.

06-14-2010, 08:15 AM
Im not a big Kobe fan but a huge laker fan and the guy gets it done on the hard wood no pun intended but to call a guy something thats been put to rest long ago sounds like a hater

hometown,i was just teasing all kobe fans.if you read some of the quotes about lebron,they bash the guy about quiting in the playoff,that he wants to go somewhere else and slam him,but how quickly we forget that kobe did the same thing to the lakers when he didnt want to shoot the ball in the 4th qtr against the suns in the playoffs,a couple of years ago,how he threatened to walk on them also.now he's the hero all of a sudden.why is ok to slam lebron,and not kobe?are kobe fans hatin on lebron because he (is) the best player in the league and laker fans cant come to terms with that! lets just call it evenly thats all.the truth is lebron has'nt got what kobe's got.and to bash him for it is unjust.he ran into a great celtic team thats put it together in the playoff,they smashed on the number 1eam in the east,and the number 2 in the east,and on the verge o knockin out the number 1 in the west.and kobe can run off all the point he can but if the role players get shut down it gonna be hard for them to win.thats all,im being honest.

Largemouth_Mitch
06-14-2010, 10:22 AM
I think the Lakers will win game 6. The crowd will get them going assuming they show up before halftime, which isn't a guarantee with Laker fans. They will clearly get every call possible I would imagine and Pau will play a hell of a lot better than yesterday and there is no way the Celtics will shoot 56% on LA's court.

Top Concerns & Thoughts
1. Ron Artest continues to look completely lost in where he is suppossed to be in the Triangle and how it works. I'm ok with his passiveness right now down there though where he only shoots the wide open 3 or occassionally takes it to the rack. You can't go 1-4 from the FT line late in the game like that. Pierce rattling him at the free throw line shows his fragile mind set unfortunately as Artest tried to laugh it off. Why in the hell is he laughing there? It's the NBA finals! Kobe would have jacked Pierce right when he stepped to the stripe with him there and got in his face. That was the I'm scared out of my mind, but I'm going to play it off with a laugh like everything is cool with me mentally deal. Did anyone notice when Artest shot a 3 from near the Celtics bench when Tony Allen jumped out of his seat and yelled in his ear? How bush league was that?! Luckily Odom showed up for 5 seconds of the game and tipped it in, but I was going nuts. Something should be called on something like that. Getting into a guys peripheral vision and space as a bench player during the course of the game is BS.

2. Does Pau bounce back or does he continue to get jacked in the back underneath and moved away from the basket by Garnett and Perkins? Does he finish quickly, efficiently and with determination or does he just assume nobody will challenge him when he makes a good move or is open. Pump fake or go up hard and finish with two hands quickly and cut out the Euroleague finishes. He knows better than that at this point in his career in the middle of the NBA Finals. Here's another tip Pau. There is no need to front garnett when Kobe is sinking down off of Rondo at the free throw line extended. Koeb can take away the entry pass because he doesn't have to honor Rondos 3. Fronting him allowed for an easy over the top pass by Rondo since we were playing a defensive style without ball pressure on him. Pretty simple to understand and execute that strategy or at least it should be. Same thing happened to Fisher with Ray Allen twice where Rondo threw back doors and took advantage of allens height disparity over Fisher although overall Fisher is playing great defense on Ray Allen.

3. Bynum is a shell of himself right now with that knee. He needs to take a cortisone shot from Varsity Blues coach Bud Kilmer but he doesn't want to. I'm being sarcastic with Kilmer obviously but he does need to do that if he wants to be effective. Unfortunately he doesn't want to. No matter what he needs to be able to get more than 1 rebound in 32 minutes even with a bad knee.

4. We miss Trevor Ariza right now because he shot the 3 ball well last year in the playoffs, had great length and came up with huge steals and finishes that really energized us. He was very comfortable in playing inside of the parameters of the triangle offense in comparison to Artest. Whatever toughness we gained with Artest we lost in terms of athleticism, confidence, clutch 3's and key steals that led to made free throws or momentum turning fast break points.

5. Kobe needs to remember to box out Rondo when shots go up and not double so quickly off him to allow for cuts down the lane after Rondo passes to the post. If you allow Rondo to roam freely after a hot goes up or after he passes without keeping an eye on him your making a big mistake because of how active he is. The Celtics thrive off of his activity level. Also, try a ball fake once in a while before passing and watch him react to it and quit leaving your feet for every pass. Other than that you can't ask much more and he needs some teammates to get some heart as well right now.

6. Lamar is worthless and doesn't have one competetive bone in his body when playing the Celtics based on what I've seen so far over the last 2 years. Where are you Lamar? Use your insane talent already, get mentally tough and put into practice that new boxing mentality you were barking about at the beginning of the season. Did Khloe take it all away? I think his biggest problem against the Celtics is that they just dare him on jump shots and play his left so well. As soon as he touches it Rivers and Thibbodeau are screaming "Take away his left. Force right!". Every attempt he has is an insane left layup that is being well guarded.

7. I need at least 5 minutes of Shannon Brown to see if he has a chance at being effective. Where has he been the last two games? He hasn't even been given a chance.

8. I hate every single Celtic with a passion except for Rivers, Rondo, Shelden Williams, Scalabrine and Thiibodeau. The rest are punks with the lamest looking scowls I've ever seen. I like Ray Allen off the court but he's bugging the crap out of me with Fisher right now.

Prediction: Lakers in 7 (can't believe I'm saying that, but I honestly believe it. I would not have said that in 2008)

I couldn't have been more down throughout game 5 even telling my wife we're screwed amidst Kobes 19 straight. Explaining that every Laker was watching/standing around and uninvolved and that we weren't getting anything close to resembling a defensive stop. Sure enough when Kobes run was over the rest of the Lakers didn't know how to react once the ball was back in their hands again on the offensive end. Don't get me wrong if Kobe doesn't do that we are down by 15-20, but still. I expect favorable calls for the Lakers and I expect a different energy and style of team play come game 6. Game 5 was Bostons best punch on both ends in terms of efficiency and we still had a chance if we could have got a defensive board, if Artest and Odom don't go 1-6 from the FT line in the last 2 minutes and if Artest doesn't miss 2 foul opportunities on Rondo that would have put him at the line instead of a Rondo layup and 2 ray allen ft's.

sawoobley
06-14-2010, 02:42 PM
I just watched game 5 of the Laker and Celtics game.

I think the Celtics beat us on defense badly. If you compare how much space Rondo was given compared to Kobe the difference is staggering. The Celtics double teamed Kobe pretty effectively (made him shoot difficult shots) and the big guys down low. A couple of times a Laker would pass it to one of the big guys down low and then run right past him thereby allowing his defender to double team the big guys. Not smart.

Tony Allen played defense on Kobe pretty well. He cheated to Kobe's right and made it difficult for him to dribble and forced a few turnovers. Dribbling is Kobe's weakness and they tried to exploit it, however Kobe does not need to dribble. He just jumps from wherever he is at while falling away and makes it. Kobe is a warrior and you have to give him credit for that. We cannot rely on this strategy though. Kobe's teammates really need to help him out when the Celtics collapse on him.

What about Rondo? The Lakers really need to go back to the tapes and find out what worked on him in the previous games and stick to it. They have limited him before but giving him 4 or 5 feet of space to work with on offense is unacceptable. It leads to him passing the ball from the 3 point line to right under the basket (8 assists) and his dribbling spreads the Lakers defense out. Not good. When Rondo gets hot the rest of the Celtics heat up.

The Lakers need to pass the ball more on offense instead of trying to pass the ball to Gasol and then standing on the 3 point line waiting for him to make his move. Other Lakers need to attack the basket at the same time to give him some options. That is what worked so well in the first game.

The upside to last game is that the Celtics shot 56.3% to the Lakers 39.7% and they only won by 6 points. How much better do they have to play on offense to win? The crowd has had an impact on the game in my opinion. At least with getting or keeping the Celtics momentum in the game.

The Lakers play the next two games at home so they really should win both games.

Go Lakers!

adriiiian
06-14-2010, 02:52 PM
Yo Tapersteve you can suck on this big fat_______!!!
you can fill in the blank

troutdog
06-14-2010, 09:46 PM
yo tapersteve you can suck on this big fat_______!!!
You can fill in the blank

trout? :LOL:

GO LAKERS!!!!

TD

Eat Sleep Fish
06-15-2010, 05:34 PM
My prediction for tonight's game:

BOS 91
LAL 99

bsp
06-15-2010, 08:32 PM
Lakers are dominating, so it's going to be another game 7 Lakers vs. Celtics. GO LAKERS!

troutdog
06-15-2010, 08:40 PM
There ain't no "O" in boston tonight ...2nd lowest point total in finals history! :Big Grin:

Thursday for all the marbles baby!

TD

SierraPeaks
06-15-2010, 09:19 PM
Yeah...Boston looked totally lost out there tonight.

Game 7 :
Lakers 97
Celtics 89

Trout 1
06-16-2010, 12:56 AM
Ill be honest we screwed up tonight but its all good....lakers will lose next game cause they are getting to confident....

06-16-2010, 08:31 AM
There ain't no "O" in boston tonight ...2nd lowest point total in finals history! :Big Grin:

Thursday for all the marbles baby!

TD
trout dog,there should be no way you can bring up records in a finals,i believe in game 2 r,allen broke his own record against the lakers for 3ptrs.i believe in 08 lakers had the biggest blow out in game 6,also had the biggest lead and to lose the game.so it was a good game for the lakers.now the real game is thurs.cant wait

sawoobley
06-16-2010, 09:32 AM
http://i473.photobucket.com/albums/rr98/ericsauble/LakerGame.jpg

Great game Lakers! Hopefully Bynum and Perkins can return for game 7.

Artest finally showed up again and did great. Odom made a contribution in points and rebounds but could still be more aggressive. I hate to say this because he is such a great player but I think the Lakers benefited by having Fisher get into early foul trouble. It gave people like Sasha Vujacic a chance to play. In this game I think Sasha (the machine) matches up better with Rondo and Ray Allen than Fisher. Ray Allen is a master at using picks to his advantage and Fisher has been getting beat up trying to get around them. However, I think Sasha can shuffle his feet a bit faster and if he gets beat he has an extra 6 inches over Fisher that can help him put pressure on Allen. He is also used to getting beat up during games by people who are frustrated by him. Unfortunately Sasha is still a bit rusty in his shooting because he has not been played much lately. Nevertheless he outscored everyone on the Lakers bench including Odom who had twice the minutes. He scores twice the points that Fisher scores (in any game) against the Celtics per minute of play and he harasses the heck out of people on defense. I really hope Phil Jackson thinks about playing Sasha more especially if Fisher continues to have trouble guarding Ray Allen. We have been lucky that he has not been doing better despite good looks at the basket. Fisher is a stud and a clutch player but in this case he could use some help.

The player of the game was Kobe of course. He attacked the basket today and got inside like a pro. I think he caused their defense to collapse on him which gave him the option of shooting over everyone or passing it (which he did quite often). He also rebounded well. Kobe's overall energy in the game was incredible. You could tell that he really, really wanted the win. Farmar also gave it his all. It was nice to see him come alive and get real aggressive. I would like to see more out of Shannon Brown. He had two amazing plays that were both highlights to the game but he was quiet for most of the rest of the time. I know they kept showing the highlights but this guy is so athletic (like Odom) that I think he could do a bit more. I just do not think he realizes how good he really is.

Finally, Mbenga got to play. Woohoo!

I cannot wait till game 7.

GO LAKERS!

SierraPeaks
06-16-2010, 10:43 AM
Rebounding was the key to the Lakers in game 6. They finally attacked the boards. Every game the Lakers lost, Boston has dominated both the offenive and defensive boards.

Trout Nine
06-16-2010, 11:32 AM
3 down 1 to GO LAKERS!

wellbilldancesays
06-16-2010, 11:56 AM
http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u65/wellbilldancesays/artestrondo.jpg

Hometown
06-16-2010, 01:10 PM
Just earning a paycheck lol

Trout 1
06-16-2010, 01:26 PM

DAMN!!!!! That had to hurt....I hope Perkins comes back for game 7 but it didnt look good...

Eat Sleep Fish
06-16-2010, 08:06 PM
he's not playing Game 7. he's not tough enough.

DarkShadow
06-16-2010, 09:01 PM
he's not playing Game 7. he's not tough enough.

Torn ACL and PCL?

I don't think it's physically possible to stand, let alone play. Don't think it's about "toughness" here.

It's gonna be a break for the Lakers that the ugly beast is out of Game 7 though.

Eat Sleep Fish
06-17-2010, 10:20 AM
Don't give me that crap. If Bynum's out there (all season) with torn this and fluid that, anyone can be. Injuries happen man. The one to Perkins is pretty serious, I'll admit. Maybe with a little better conditioning, he wouldn't have been injured. When you're that big, you HAVE to step up you're physical conditioning this time of year to try to prevent injuries like this.

The Celtics need a new trainer. A physical trainer is a HUGE part of winning championships. And the Celtics missed out last year due to injuries. Just saying they might want to start looking for a new trainer during the offseason, when their season ends tonight, with a LOSS ofcourse. Remember, TEAMS win championships, and a personal trainer is a GINORMOUS part of a TEAM.

With that said, my prediction for tonight's game 7 in Los Angeles:

BOS 81
LAL 93

DarkShadow
06-17-2010, 10:34 AM
Don't give me that crap. If Bynum's out there (all season) with torn this and fluid that, anyone can be.

I'm no orthopedic surgeon, but a partially torn meniscus versus a torn ACL and PCL are quite different.

In any case, prediction

BOS - 91
LAK - 93

Kobe hits the game winner and then celebrates by hanging out alone after the game.

And my prediction for after the game

LAPD - 29 arrests
Rowdy Fans - 0

wellbilldancesays
06-17-2010, 10:41 AM
Don't give me that crap. If Bynum's out there (all season) with torn this and fluid that, anyone can be. Injuries happen man. The one to Perkins is pretty serious, I'll admit. Maybe with a little better conditioning, he wouldn't have been injured. When you're that big, you HAVE to step up you're physical conditioning this time of year to try to prevent injuries like this.

The Celtics need a new trainer. A physical trainer is a HUGE part of winning championships. And the Celtics missed out last year due to injuries. Just saying they might want to start looking for a new trainer during the offseason, when their season ends tonight, with a LOSS ofcourse. Remember, TEAMS win championships, and a personal trainer is a GINORMOUS part of a TEAM.

BOS 81
LAL 93

Eat Sleep Fish I appreciate your die hard Lakers stance but Perkins seems pretty "tough" I'm sure if there was anyway for him to play he would do so. Perkins and Bynum's injuries are two different things.
but hey maybe your right, if only Kobe would have trained harder he wouldn't have gotten injured this year?

DarkShadow
06-17-2010, 10:47 AM
...if only Kobe would have trained harder he wouldn't have gotten injured this year?

It's the trainers fault.

Fire Gary Vitti!

sawoobley
06-17-2010, 12:32 PM

BOS 81
LAL 93

http://i473.photobucket.com/albums/rr98/ericsauble/ACLPCL.jpg

I don't know man. I think his injury was just bad luck and was not going to be prevented by any amount of physical conditioning. He had 285lb Bynum land on him while Kobe was swatting at the ball. His knee probably just twisted the wrong way. I don't think he can play with a torn ACL or PCL. Those ligaments are like large strong ropes that hold the leg and femur together and prevent too much twisting and movement in the knee.

Perkins is a tough guy and would play if he could but he has to think about the rest of his career. Bynum's injury is much different. He tore his meniscus which is the shock absorber in the knee. Sure it causes him a lot of pain and fluid build up but at least his knee is still structurally intact. I know we want all these guys to be warriors and all but they have to be realistic as well.

http://i473.photobucket.com/albums/rr98/ericsauble/menisci_400.jpg

I'm no expert but I'm just saying...

LAKERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

troutdog
06-17-2010, 08:04 PM
4th quarter and down by 4....it is anybody's game, GO LAKERS!!!!!

TD

troutdog
06-17-2010, 09:00 PM
2010 WORLD CHAMPIONS BABY!!!!
:Worship:

TD

SierraPeaks
06-17-2010, 09:32 PM
Trout1...don't let this get you down bro...fish on !

AngryAgent
06-17-2010, 10:18 PM
Not to gloat but.....

I told you so

I told you so:Envious:

sawoobley
06-17-2010, 11:41 PM
Weird game. Kobe and Ray Allen can't shoot :Shocked:. Ron Artest MVP of the game :EyePop:?

Lakers win by rebounding. Oh well, we will take it.

R.I.P. Celtics :Outta Here:

LAKERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :Applause::Applause::Applause::Dancing Banana::Dancing Banana::Dancing Banana::Big Smile::Group Hug::Singing In Rain:

Trout 1
06-18-2010, 12:46 AM
Trout1...don't let this get you down bro...fish on !

hahaha im not trippin man it was a very close game all 4 quaters

06-18-2010, 07:25 AM
congrats to all you laker fans out their,except certain bandwagon troops you know who you are.but anyways thats how you end an N.B.A season,could of gone either way.glad the refs let them play.hard to call on the m.v.p. everybody contributed,just an all out great effort by both teams.boston had great "d".but the lakers pulled it out in the end............congrats. now time to fish like crazy till football season starts,go LIONS. thats right i said LIONS.

SierraPeaks
06-18-2010, 07:37 AM
congrats to all you laker fans out their,except certain bandwagon troops you know who you are.but anyways thats how you end an N.B.A season,could of gone either way.glad the refs let them play.hard to call on the m.v.p. everybody contributed,just an all out great effort by both teams.boston had great "d".but the lakers pulled it out in the end............congrats. now time to fish like crazy till football season starts,go LIONS. thats right i said LIONS.

Actually...I think the Lions will be decent this year. Probably not a playoff team yet...but much improved. I'm guessing around 8-8...which would be a huge lift for Lions fans.

wellbilldancesays
06-18-2010, 07:46 AM
congrats to all you laker fans out their

Thank you ;-)

06-18-2010, 08:06 AM
Actually...I think the Lions will be decent this year. Probably not a playoff team yet...but much improved. I'm guessing around 8-8...which would be a huge lift for Lions fans.

appreciate that,we are moving in the right direction,hopefully.im saying my prayers

troutdog
06-19-2010, 04:54 PM
Back to back sure feels good on this gorgeous Saturday afternoon....

TD

Trout Nine
06-20-2010, 01:51 AM
4 down 0 to GO LAKERS!
BACK 2 BACK CHAMPIONS
AND U CAN TAKE THAT 2 THE BANK!!

Hitts0n
06-21-2010, 08:24 AM
Ok everybody jock my avatar now ok !!

The Angler
06-23-2010, 02:56 PM
Soo I guess Kobe needs one more ring to prove hes better or on the same level of Jordan now?

06-23-2010, 03:09 PM
Soo I guess Kobe needs one more ring to prove hes better or on the same level of Jordan now?

is that what you think.you cant compare kobe (star) to mike (icon) maybe we can say robert horry is better then both of them he has 7 rings.you ask laker fans,its kobe,you ask the rest of the sports world mike by alot.they had is kobe the best laker and the majority of people still think majic is the best laker.kpbe the biggest game of his life and the dude shot 6-24 in a game 7.magic i believe has 5 rings 3mvp's.kobe got 5 with 2.

troutdog
06-24-2010, 01:10 AM
Good one....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WIQ5BEZaZKI&feature=player_embedded

Back to BACK CHAMPIONS!

TD

Hitts0n
06-24-2010, 01:15 AM

he's already better than Jordan !!

06-24-2010, 07:46 AM
he's already better than Jordan !!

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahah,yeah there is a couple of things kobe has that mike dont,and 82 point game,and a mug shot,also was'nt he the one that started snitching on shaq when he got arrested for rape?damn those are your kinda people you like?is that the same guy at the allstar game he was trying to hang out with the other players,and they were trying to get away from him:LOL:,but on the real your a fan of kobe,and thats your opinion,i respect that.:Rolls Eyes:

DarkShadow
06-24-2010, 08:14 AM
And here we go again...

06-24-2010, 08:17 AM
And here we go again...
your right about that,im retiring from this thread,its almost football season,b-ball is over,lets go lions.

Eat Sleep Fish
06-24-2010, 08:29 AM
Kobe haters/Boston fans EFF OFF! We won. Get over it. Stop trying to get back at us by comparing him to Jordan. It's not working. Kobe and Jordan are in two totally different worlds of their won. We all know that.

Don't cry like a bunch of sore losers. Accept the loss and think positive for next year. I know it's tuff with people like Kobe, D-Fish, Ron Ron, The Big Spanyard, Odom, and Shannon Brown in your way but still, TRY to think positive for next year.

BACK TO BACK CHAMPS...ThreePeat anyone?!? Me thinks so....

fishrdi30
06-25-2010, 08:07 AM
Quote Originally Posted by jumpman View Post
like i said celtics would be here, i bet 2500 on the game and a tattoo against a laker fan..... I run my mouth but i know what my boys can do, we dont choke we handle the finals. Celtics in five

dont forget to take a pic of that new laker tatt u get so we all can see lol

I am sure we are all awaiting the pic of the Laker Tatt.... I really don't think he had the balls to do it & is too scared! IMHO

The Angler
06-25-2010, 10:53 PM
fisherman from long beach = definition of a HATER!!!

troutdog
08-27-2010, 01:34 AM
More sour grapes from the Celtics, this time from coach "Doc"
http://lakersblog.latimes.com/lakersblog/2010/08/doc-rivers-celtics-lakers-nba-finals.html

BACK TO BACK BABY....DEAL WITH IT CELTIC FANS!!!

TD

DarkShadow
08-27-2010, 01:10 PM
More sour grapes from the Celtics, this time from coach "Doc"
http://lakersblog.latimes.com/lakersblog/2010/08/doc-rivers-celtics-lakers-nba-finals.html

TD

while the absence of Perkins did affect Boston's game, OH WELL!!!

That's basketball. People get injured.

Conversely, if we would have lost the series, I wouldn't expect Zen Master Jackson to blame Kobe's injured finger as the reason the Lakers were beat.

Stop living in the land of What Ifs, Doc. Regroup and try not to get hurt next year.

troutdog
08-28-2010, 03:00 AM
while the absence of Perkins did affect Boston's game, OH WELL!!!

That's basketball. People get injured.

Conversely, if we would have lost the series, I wouldn't expect Zen Master Jackson to blame Kobe's injured finger as the reason the Lakers were beat.

Stop living in the land of What Ifs, Doc. Regroup and try not to get hurt next year.

yeah I don't recall PJ saying "we didn't have Bynum and Ariza" when the Lakers lost in 2008....typical bitter Chowds!

TD