PDA

View Full Version : Piru 5-30 Plus Lower Lake 5-31 Double Digit!

BuzzBait
05-31-2010, 07:19 PM
Sunday, Piru lake was tough. Mostly for me. We found fish in unlikely places. Water Level is slowly creeping up. I mostly caught small fish. Then we found some barely keepers. Tough day out there! I got a nice sun tan and racoon eyes. Here are the short for keepers...
http://i673.photobucket.com/albums/vv99/Witheredhyacinth/2010%20Fishing/100_1511copy.jpg

http://i673.photobucket.com/albums/vv99/Witheredhyacinth/2010%20Fishing/100_1513copy1.jpg

http://i673.photobucket.com/albums/vv99/Witheredhyacinth/2010%20Fishing/100_1514copy.jpg

So, on the way home i suggested that we return the next day to explore other areas. I also mentioned that the lower lake has been quite the news on FNN. YuAyntRyt suggested we go to the lower lake the next day. Since he has to be at work in the afternoon today, we only did a half day trip to the lower lake. We haven't fished this small lake on a boat for more than 2 years. The thought of going to the lower lake brought back memories of us fishing the shore before we had a boat. Lots of fish and Lots of fun!

We arrived at the lake around 7 am. It was very calm. We started by the front side and saw fish everywhere! Lots of juveniles and some 1lbs. We threw drop shot worms to spinnersbaits to crankbaits for nada. Hmnnnn...what are the fish doing? They're just roaming around back and forth. I know what they're doing, I'm just being slow. LOL Hmnnnn... So, I pulled out several bags of tricks. Drop shot different colors and sizes and shapes. And BLAM! This was caught on the fall!

http://i673.photobucket.com/albums/vv99/Witheredhyacinth/2010%20Fishing/100_1515Cropcopy.jpg

Then, we moved on to other locations before the wind picked up. We noticed several boaters by shallow grass. We used to catch little pounders in that area. Just not so keen about the thick grass. But where ever there is grass, there is fish. Wind picked up a bit and the moon was setting. I told myself, last chance if anything here wants to dance. After four casts to different locations. BLAM! It didn't even fall very deep. I just felt something catch the bait. My line was super slack since i pulled some out to let my bait sink. I love my new rig. So sensitive... So i started to reel in the slack and when i felt it hit again, I just set the hook and Good lord. I saw it flash and it was HUGE! My husband thought i was just joking when i said, get the net! I usually tease him when i catch small fish to get the net. I was very impressed with the way my line and my reel performed. That fish is strong. Swam down about 7 times. Kept pulling out drag. I could feel my line tension to max. Finally with the assistance of my wonderful husband, he netted the fish for me and here it is... 11 lbs.

http://i673.photobucket.com/albums/vv99/Witheredhyacinth/2010%20Fishing/LowerLakeDD5201031.jpg

We may not go back to the lower lake for a long while. Looks like Piru is it for next week end.

BuzzBait

madwire3
05-31-2010, 07:25 PM
nice bass, good times,, nice weekend

Hometown
05-31-2010, 07:42 PM
it looks like you and your husband had a great time thats one big bass i wonder how much it would have wieghed if they were still stocking trout still huge congrats.

Fishbones
05-31-2010, 08:56 PM
congrats on the huge LMB, thanks for sharing..

Fishthewhaler
06-01-2010, 09:09 AM
thats a toad bass. Nice going there...from dink to dinosaur just like that!

ezcompany
06-01-2010, 09:39 AM
net!? half the challenge is lipping that beaut into the boat! awesome double digit! super jealous of you and great job!

mrjonez
06-01-2010, 10:02 AM
HUGE! way to go.

Fire Ball
06-01-2010, 04:22 PM
Congrats on that 11 lber from the Goon!!

BuzzBait
06-01-2010, 05:43 PM
Thank you everyone!

Zach1093
06-01-2010, 06:04 PM
Man nice fish! Looks like you guys had a great day. Congrats!

M@M
06-01-2010, 07:17 PM
Great catch!!:EyePop: NIce report and pics....... Thanks....that bass is HUGE!!!:OMG!:

Marine_Michael
06-01-2010, 07:54 PM
Nice fish, congrats.

BuzzBait
06-01-2010, 08:34 PM
net!? half the challenge is lipping that beaut into the boat! awesome double digit! super jealous of you and great job!

I would have loved to lip that fish but my hand is still very sensitively painful when it rubs up against stuff. I'm surprised it didn't tear open when i was reeling the fish up. LOL I'm a bit limited to my abilities for now... Burned it a couple of months ago. It was 2nd degree close to 3rd degree burn on my right hand.
http://i673.photobucket.com/albums/vv99/Witheredhyacinth/2010%20Fishing/336723156229_0_0.jpg

BuzzBait
06-01-2010, 08:37 PM
Man nice fish! Looks like you guys had a great day. Congrats!

Great catch!!:EyePop: NIce report and pics....... Thanks....that bass is HUGE!!!:OMG!:

Nice fish, congrats.

Indeed i had a great day! Especially that i got to share it with my family. Thank you! You are all so kind.

Wingnut
06-01-2010, 09:16 PM
Beautiful fish, congrats! :Big Grin:
Wow, and I wish you a speedy recovery from the burn on your hand. :Sad:

BuzzBait
06-01-2010, 09:32 PM
Beautiful fish, congrats! :Big Grin:
Wow, and I wish you a speedy recovery from the burn on your hand. :Sad:

Thanks Wingnut! I hope my hand recovers soon too. According to my doctor it may take up to a year for the sensitivity to go away. It will be slightly darker than my normal skin tone when it heals. As long as i have hands to fish with. There's no stopping me from what I love to do.

gletemfeelsteelgary
06-04-2010, 06:05 PM
1st off....

Saweeeet FEESH !

Toad fo sho' !

congrats on that beastie ! woo-hoo !

In fact congrats on all the feesh !

niceley done and I have to say again it's nice to see the family unit fising together...I have max respect for that....could be why your nailing them...the fish gods like that sort of thing !

as for the grass...

Remember: hot temps equall lack of oxygen.....oxygen depleted water is tough to fish ..

BUT...GRASS...

Grass is your friend..

Grass equalls:

OXYGEN
SHADE (slightly clooer and no light in bassies eyes)
Cover
Food

Not everyone is prepared to fish "the trash" but thats my personal favorite types of terrain for them mossbacks..

Win Win Win in my book..

I love the trash...and so do the bass

Again huge congrats on that sweet toad....you earned it : )

BuzzBait
06-04-2010, 08:06 PM
1st off....

Saweeeet FEESH !

Toad fo sho' !

congrats on that beastie ! woo-hoo !

In fact congrats on all the feesh !

niceley done and I have to say again it's nice to see the family unit fising together...I have max respect for that....could be why your nailing them...the fish gods like that sort of thing !

as for the grass...

Remember: hot temps equall lack of oxygen.....oxygen depleted water is tough to fish ..

BUT...GRASS...

Grass is your friend..

Grass equalls:

OXYGEN
SHADE (slightly clooer and no light in bassies eyes)
Cover
Food

Not everyone is prepared to fish "the trash" but thats my personal favorite types of terrain for them mossbacks..

Win Win Win in my book..

I love the trash...and so do the bass

Again huge congrats on that sweet toad....you earned it : )

Thanks Gary. You are right about the conditions of the water. As for the fish gods, they humble me everytime.