PDA

View Full Version : Going fishing tonight!

amskater
07-18-2007, 12:30 PM
I might be going to the HB pier from 5:30pm to whenever. The last couple times ive been I have been skunked. The last time I was fishing by the life guard tower and before that by the bathrooms. Ive been using cut squid and in the past caught a good amount of fish but lately im not really getting bites there. Would anyone be able to offer me any advice that could get me some action there tonight

maxpowers
07-18-2007, 01:31 PM
Hey Bud,

The bite have really fallen off lately at the most of the piers. The surf is still producing somewhat. I have fished off of Balboa the last few nights for nothing. Maybe in a week the fishing will be back to normal again. Anyway just get a fishing license and fish from the shore. It is more fun and you get good excercise.

amskater
07-18-2007, 03:28 PM
I have a lic with the ocean stamp but my gf does not and she likes fishing from the piers so we are gonna try tonight. I heard something about the grunions running this week has anyone else heard of this? would this help the fishing from the pier?

rusty6
07-18-2007, 04:41 PM
i was down at sunset today, and seal yesterday, no sign of the grunion at all. dig up some sand crabs under the pier and then fish next to the life gaud tower with it on a sliding sinker, should get you some perch maybe a croaker or a bean

amskater
07-19-2007, 10:35 AM
last night went alright I will write up a report when I get home from work