PDA

View Full Version : Outside NPH harbor to Seal Rock and other stuff a back bay

JL
05-31-2010, 10:25 AM
Went out on Sunday May 30. Great lively anchovies available from the Bait Barge. Price is kind of high this year but the bait was great. Started south of Seal Rock. Lots of small barracuda following bait back to the boat. Moved back north and fished Seal rock. Lots of kelp out about 500 - 800 yards from shore. Fished edge of kelp about 1 mile north of Seal Rock. Forgot the name of the area. 4 nice Sand bass, 1 Sculpin. Saw lots of baitfish in and around the kelp.

Weird day at the dock At back bay. So many boats out we had to park car and trailer at the parking lot near the restrooms. On getting ready to pull out of the water we watched a Novice loading his girfriends inboard outboard boat next too us drag the prop and groove the concrete. Had his truck windows shut so did not hear us all yellin at him until he was at the top and heading for the wash station. Then he needed a jack to get the prop out of the concrete.

While washing down the boat i see the 8 or 10 year old girl driving a fancy golf cart lose control and throw 4 kids off the pack, jump the curb and smash a small palm tree. I sent my wife over to help because one of the kids did a complete back flip off the back landing on his back and head. Mother and father claimed the kids were ok but the way the kids flew it was scary for me.

Haven't worked out the uploading of pics yet. Will have some next time. Bass will be wide open when the water temp goes up 3 or 4 more degrees. Most of the water we fished in was 57 - 59 yesterday.

Tight lines all and Please take a moment to say a prayer of THANKS for all those who served and died in our Countries service. JL

HESBROS
05-31-2010, 04:57 PM
Great report JL! I agree the bass are still a little shy and a few more degrees will do the trick. About the rest, all I can say is Holiday Weekend, you see all kinds of stuff.

And God Bless and Thank You to all who have served!

basstered
05-31-2010, 08:21 PM
hey nice post man that sounds like a pritty wired day if u ask me:EyePop: . i was fishing nph on saturday 5/29 and we caught 5 spotted bay bass and 3 halibut on swimbaits in the back bay it was fun but the fishing was slow. hopefuly it will pick up like u said

murrieta angler
06-01-2010, 02:06 PM
Nice job JL,
Looking forward to some pics to go along with your report.
Robert