PDA

View Full Version : Crowley Day 3 on George"s Boat

greg
05-31-2010, 09:48 AM
Light breezes with mostly sunny skies. :Cool: Water temp up to 57. Trolled 3-5 colors in 19-26 feet of water from 6 bays to Green Banks. :!!!: Used Taz Devils (bloody ripper and green frog), needlefish (perch), mira shad (shiner) for limits with fish up to 3 pounds. :Secret: A few browns, the rest 'bows. Some of the browns appeared to have just dropped off their eggs a few weeks back. :Big Grin: There was a white Striper with a crew of 3 who was off the lake by 11 am and another boat off by noon. We fished until 2 pm. :Shocked:

Saw (or picked up on radar) 9-10 CHP's from the lake to the 395/14 turnoff. :Evil: Some had pulled over a tax payer to help relieve the state budget deficit. :LOL: Most were hiding in the middle divider with their radar on. :Idea: Only 1 CHP on the 14. Had to keep my speed under 85. :Wink:

Sorry, no pictures. :Rolls Eyes::Embarrassed::EyePop:

Can't wait for the South Lake Team 57 Event! !!! :Envious:

GO LAKERS !!! :UDaMan::UDaMan::UDaMan:

Eat Sleep Fish
05-31-2010, 10:08 AM
Nice. giving us a detailed day-to-day report. Congrats on the catch up to 3 pounders. Nice goin out there! Gotta watch out for those radars!!!

Lakers > Boston!!

spartafish
05-31-2010, 10:54 PM
good job on the fish

btw, all revenue for tickets written by the CHP go to the county in which the ticket was written, not the state. drive the speed limit and you have nothing to worry about, hows that radar detector work when the officer isnt working the RADAR and youre getting paced from half a mile back

retired96
06-01-2010, 06:07 AM
CHP hasn't used radar in years, they use Lidar which will nail you long before you know it..I will never understand why people have to drive so fast on their trips to the Sierras.

billy b
06-01-2010, 06:33 AM
LOL ... I'm with you 96. I set the cruise control on 3-4 mph over whatever the speed limit (so I don't get run over) ... let my right foot relax ... let my brain relax ... and just enjoy the scenery and company of whoever is riding shotgun. It's too pretty not to enjoy. I have a bonus ... I'm coming down 395 - not up usually ... but I still enjoy my occasional commutes to LA in the fall once I get to Mojave and red rock.

SierraPeaks
06-01-2010, 05:23 PM
LOL ... I'm with you 96. I set the cruise control on 3-4 mph over whatever the speed limit (so I don't get run over) ... let my right foot relax ... let my brain relax ... and just enjoy the scenery and company of whoever is riding shotgun. It's too pretty not to enjoy. I have a bonus ... I'm coming down 395 - not up usually ... but I still enjoy my occasional commutes to LA in the fall once I get to Mojave and red rock.

How's the Walker flowing through Walker Canyon now ?

billy b
06-08-2010, 11:33 AM

I'm not much of an expert ... but it's clearly flowing as fast as I can recall seeing it (between Bport and Gardnerville). Looks like there's some really nice pools ... maybe I should stop and try some stream fishing? Got spinners ... PMartins ... Pautzkes and NC's ... why not?

SierraPeaks
06-08-2010, 01:07 PM

I'm not much of an expert ... but it's clearly flowing as fast as I can recall seeing it (between Bport and Gardnerville). Looks like there's some really nice pools ... maybe I should stop and try some stream fishing? Got spinners ... PMartins ... Pautzkes and NC's ... why not?

Why not indeed !