PDA

View Full Version : Perris bass fishing, 5-28

Redside
05-29-2010, 10:19 PM
It's been way too long since we last went fishing, had Friday off, so my friend and I decided to hit up DVL. Stick with this, you will see how it becomes a Perris report. Anyway, the boat was all cleaned up and ready to go, but during the night, an errant sprinkler sprayed water on it. The boat was covered and hadn't been used in months, but some water got in anyway. Bottom line, when we checked into DVL, they found a small amount of water in the bilge, and that was that. So, we changed plans and headed to Perris.

We got launched and were on the water by 8:00 a.m., it was a beautiful morning. It was my first time fishing Perris from a boat, and we had no idea where to begin, so we headed where most of the boats were along the east shore. The lake is pretty shallow, we were in about 8 to 10 feet of water and still some distance from shore. We tried jerk baits, crank baits, and some dropshot, but nothing in the first couple of hours. We then moved to the dam.

We were metering fish just about every where, but couldn't get any bites. I finally manged to catch a small 13 inch or so bass on a senko near the dam. It must have been a slow day, because we saw a couple of guys in a nice looking bass boat trolling crank baits along the dam, they were probably looking for bass like we were. We tried trolling also, but no luck.

Finally, we hit up the points along the west shore, each of us caught a bass in this area. Both fish on the drop shot. Again we were metering a lot of fish, but we couldn't figure out what they wanted.

From my perspective, Perris fishes completely different from DVL. But it was still great to get out on the water, looking forward to trying again.

Zach1093
05-29-2010, 10:29 PM
Im not a boat owner and don't know really any of the boat regulations so why wouldn't the boat be allowed on the water with a tad bit of water in the bilge? They think you're going to sink out there or something? lol

Anyway at least you were able to salvage the day! Sounds like they weren't hitting to much but you pulled a few up. I'm sure it was a fun day regardless.

Fishbones
05-29-2010, 10:54 PM
sucks about DVL, stupid sprinklers....your get into the bite next time.

kwin
05-30-2010, 12:10 PM
Im not a boat owner and don't know really any of the boat regulations so why wouldn't the boat be allowed on the water with a tad bit of water in the bilge? They think you're going to sink out there or something? lol

Anyway at least you were able to salvage the day! Sounds like they weren't hitting to much but you pulled a few up. I'm sure it was a fun day regardless.

Quagga mussels, their "babies" are planktonic & microscopic.