PDA

View Full Version : The report is.....

STEVE IN SOCAL
05-28-2010, 07:48 PM
Due to all the weird weather (wind, low pressure systems every 4/5 days) stocking continues, yet not as many fish caught (less fishermen as well as less than hungry fish)....had a buddy from the OV call me and tell me that the creeks are full of fish.
We're heading up tomorrow to our place in Independence....hope he's right. Will report back when I return.

Fishbones
05-28-2010, 08:38 PM
thanks for the info, good luck Steve and remember lots of pics....

SierraPeaks
05-28-2010, 10:08 PM
I'm definitely make another trip to the ES when a stable weather pattern sets in. Once it does...the fishing has got to be phenomenal.

Eat Sleep Fish
05-29-2010, 01:26 PM
Some of my best fishing days up there have been in unstable conditions. Then again, when you're working miles of creek you're bound to find the motherload.

SierraPeaks
05-29-2010, 04:59 PM
Some of my best fishing days up there have been in unstable conditions. Then again, when you're working miles of creek you're bound to find the motherload.

The blind squirell theory does come into play if you stick with it bro.

smokinflies
05-30-2010, 06:39 PM
thanks for the info, good luck Steve and remember lots of pics....

x2...:Wink:

STEVE IN SOCAL
06-02-2010, 08:35 AM
Well, I learned something this trip. Stay away during holiday weekends. Went to Sabrina and North lake...it was like the opener at Irvine Lake. Yuck...I like my fishing with at least a tad of solitude. Fishing was wide open in the deeper areas, but it was shoulder to shoulder.
The fishing around Independence was slow. Still not a lot of spring run off. The water was like mid summer...slow and low.

We did go to South Lake to have a look...it was stunning. Frozen but stunning. Stopped by Parchers and reserved a pontoon for July 2nd and 5th.

Sorry, no pics.