PDA

View Full Version : Mack trip

Frenchy
05-28-2010, 12:05 PM
wanna head out to get some more macks i hit balboa up yesterday saw taper steve there we caught like 30 macks catfish season coming up anyone wanna join

TaperSteve
05-28-2010, 12:12 PM
When R U wanting to go again? Got your text last night. Id want to get my motor running better before id want to take my boat out. Im going to try and clean out the carb today. Im going to go fish the tourney at the Vine tomorrow so ill see how the motor runs after I clean the carb. Other than that id B down to hit up the pier again. The bite was def better during the day. What should I do with the macks I caught last night? Should I freeze them the way they R now or should I cut them all up and then freeze them?

Frenchy
05-28-2010, 12:23 PM
i cut mine up filet the and put the head in the bag w them cut them into little 2 inch strips the only reason i do that is cuz the blood will seep into everything and make it better or you can cut them in chucks just all the way through leave the bones in and you will have a bunch of circles ints up to you but i just do it cuz the blood gets all on the macks i think it makes it better or you can leave them whole but make sure you leave the heads in too not only do te make it super bloody but also good big fish bait o and ya dont rinse the fielts off the bloodiers the better

and imma go today at like 4 or 5

Hitts0n
06-01-2010, 10:46 AM
Hey can you bring me lots of macks? And fresh chovies for the next striper mission !