PDA

View Full Version : DVL Gill Fishing 5/27

CALFISHER4EVR
05-27-2010, 08:21 PM
Fished DVL for LMB’S today. Started on some of the points with some green flake darters and some blood red 5” finesse worms but got no luv. I use some other stuff but got the same result. I guess that is why it is called, “fishing” It was a slow day. Moved over to many areas of the lake but it did not look good for a few other fisherman that I also talked to on the lake. Seen a loads of bluegills stacked up in different areas on the meter. I took my best girls with me today which are my wife and daughter. I could see them getting bored so I had to do something quick. So I decide to fish for gills to salvage the day.
We dropped anchor got out the ultra light gear and anticipated some hook up’s because gill are stupid fish. Right? No luv again! I did not give up on those fish. I could see schools of them on the fish finder. I changes some color and set ups and it was on! I was fish after fish. I could not drop in my own pole! I was baiting one pole as the other was bringing in a fish. I just stood on deck with pliers in my hand. We lost count after a while. Kept a few and released the others. It turned out to be a fun day .
Here is some a average size gill we caught. Check it out!
http://i343.photobucket.com/albums/o470/Hook-Set/P5270309.jpg

fishmounter
05-27-2010, 08:41 PM
That's great! Hey I want to go there to just fish for the BGs! My favorite fish. There's some giant ones in there.

Panfish Slayer
05-27-2010, 11:01 PM
sweet gills ...im going to have to fish there soon.