PDA

View Full Version : Fishing Burton Chace Park, Marina Del Rey

judgeito
05-27-2010, 09:59 AM
Hey guys,

Im new to the board and actually new to the MDR area too. I just discovered the little fishing pier in Burton Chace park and was wondering what type of fish i could expect to catch there and how i would go about catching them. Im pretty new to this and would appreciate any help i can get.
thanks in advance.

keepemlo
05-27-2010, 05:02 PM
you got everything there sometimes i lure fish sometimes i get live chovys and catch halibut there havent been there yet weathers been bad great spot when the tide right i fish towards the whiteseabass tank

judgeito
05-27-2010, 06:04 PM
Thanks for that. What kind of setups should i be using...please keep in mind you are talking to a beginner here. Thanks guys.

Hometown
05-28-2010, 11:33 AM
Thanks for that. What kind of setups should i be using...please keep in mind you are talking to a beginner here. Thanks guys.
start with 12lb test outfit and a 1/2 ounce slider swivel and 18 inch leader size 4 or 6 hook and gets some live anchovies ive gotten halibut there many times back when i worked in MDR one went 18 lbs

judgeito
05-29-2010, 09:22 AM
Thanks Hometown. I just went and picked up all the stuff that i need and will give it a shot this weekend. Other than live anchovies (i dont have an air pump yet) is there any other bait that would be good?

Hometown
05-29-2010, 12:33 PM
you should be able to keep 25 or so anchovies alive in bucket and just change 1/2 the water every hour or so good luck its been along time since ive beenthere
Thanks Hometown. I just went and picked up all the stuff that i need and will give it a shot this weekend. Other than live anchovies (i dont have an air pump yet) is there any other bait that would be good?