PDA

View Full Version : RIP LC malibu surf sorry no pics

E.A.R.G.
05-26-2010, 11:16 PM
fished north malibu today for some surf fishing
FIRST TIME! w00t!

Swells were a bit craaZZZy today, got pounded by about ten waves. wet underwear=bad joojoo

fished low tide. water is super clear, no vegetation, but big swells.

tied on a lucky craft to try and get a hali like wingnut does. ended up catching 3 larger grade BSP, one was a toad! well what I think is a toad at 13.5 inches.

then, it happened. hung up my lucky craft on a rock and couldn't get it loose. i died a little.

didnt want to risk losing another so I tied on a gulp sandworm on carolina rig and proceeded to get in on a WFO bite on medium to smaller grade BSP.

3 hours of fishing produced 19 BSP

sorry no camera. didn't want to get it soaked.

Swank909
05-27-2010, 12:50 AM
Next time take the waders off and go after the LC! lol

19 in 3 hours is good numbers, Good job out there! You're definately getting in a ton of fishing this summer! NPH tomorrow if you're interested :P

edit: NPH today, not tomorrow lol

fishshep
05-27-2010, 06:05 AM
13.5 inch perch, is for sure in the Piggy catagory !!!

E.A.R.G.
05-27-2010, 09:46 AM
Next time take the waders off and go after the LC! lol

19 in 3 hours is good numbers, Good job out there! You're definately getting in a ton of fishing this summer! NPH tomorrow if you're interested :P

edit: NPH today, not tomorrow lol

I was thinking about doing it! but it was a ton of boiler rocks with big swells and I kind of felt like living til tomorrow haha. I guess i'll never live up to one of those swat guys
I think I might fish it Saturday morning. Do you fish from the shore or a tube?

13.5 inch perch, is for sure in the Piggy catagory !!!
I thought I got my first surf hali for second, turned out to be a BSP!

Fishbones
05-27-2010, 09:59 AM
congrats on the surf mission minus a lc, keep it up eric and you will be rewarded.

ryryk
05-27-2010, 10:11 AM
Yeah I recently lost an LC to a rock myself. Stupid current. I died inside as well. Good thing I bought 2! Lol

Thanks for the report

gavin310
05-27-2010, 10:18 AM
it's never easy losing a loved one. my condolences ;)

Wingnut
05-27-2010, 10:50 PM
it's never easy losing a loved one. my condolences ;)

That's funny Gavin... LOL
Throw the LC's with #12 or #14 line. If you get caught up, pull on it slowly with steady and increasing heavy pressure. Sometimes the hook will bend a bit and release the lure. :Wink:
We don't swim out there to retrieve the lure... :Shocked: Sometimes we wait for the low tide. :Idea:

Panfish Slayer
05-27-2010, 10:54 PM
whats a lc?

murrieta angler
05-28-2010, 06:24 PM
It sucks about the LC, but the only way your gonna get better with them, is to use them.
I've lost about 6-7 since I started tossing them back in October of last year.
Keep up the work and your reward will come soon!
Robert

murrieta angler
05-28-2010, 06:25 PM
whats a lc?

Lucky Craft Lure.

fish_sauce
05-28-2010, 08:04 PM
I'm sure we all could recall that empty sinking feeling of our first time getting the LC hung up on something...you could almost equate it to losing a very big fish... =( it happens, especially if it is a lure of choice, and you throw it religiously...

I've had good luck with just giving the line some slack and wait for a good set of waves to crash over the area where my lure is, and try to lightly jerk the rod tip til it comes undone. The surf environment is a violent and ever changing terrain. If it's not too deeply lodged on by more than one hook, you have a good chance of getting it knocked loose by the crashing waves. If that doesn't work, I second Arthur's proposal to wait for the low tide....hahaha.

bsp
05-28-2010, 09:46 PM
We don't swim out there to retrieve the lure... :Shocked:

There's a reason I've stuck with boardshorts and a wetsuit jacket. :Wink: Either that or I send Big Steve in for lure retrieval duties... :LOL:

Sorry to hear about the LC lost, and I definitely agree with everybody who says to check the area at not only a lower tide but a really high tide too. I've found several lures in the junk along the high tide mark before, so it happens. Congrats on the big perch though!

Liteweight
05-29-2010, 12:43 AM
Condolences on your loss!
Good BSP count for just a few hours.
A 13.5 bsp is a real piggy in my book! Easier to clean.
Nice.
LW.