PDA

View Full Version : Watch out for the stomach flu

Fishbones
05-26-2010, 02:35 PM
Just got over the stomach flu, what a butt kicker this one was.

Had me down for 2 days straight with mad stomach pain and the runs.

could not eat a dime and i had no energy to even move..

Anyone else caught the bug yet?

old pudd fisher
05-26-2010, 02:59 PM
Glad your feeling better!!! My wife had it so bad that I had to take her to the E.R.

sansou
05-26-2010, 05:21 PM
Just got over the stomach flu, what a butt kicker this one was.

Had me down for 2 days straight with mad stomach pain and the runs.

could not eat a dime and i had no energy to even move..

Anyone else caught the bug yet?

Glad you are feeling better. Nice job lately on the San Antonio stripers.

Panfish Slayer
05-26-2010, 05:25 PM
my friend had it a few days ago.

cutbait
05-26-2010, 06:31 PM
My 3.5 year old is just recovering from it. Throwing up like 10 times, slept for almost 24 hrs straight. No energy. The rest of us are battling something, not the flu but it ain't good

DockRat
05-26-2010, 08:14 PM
http://i199.photobucket.com/albums/aa275/LAUNCHPAD9650/Parodies/fakesick.jpg

I heard you could get it from eating Too Much Mako Shark :ROFL:

http://i465.photobucket.com/albums/rr14/ktw0310/con_136.jpg

Just getting over this 3 week cough.

http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u214/JRLloydIII/WebStuff/MexicanWaterPooh.jpg DR

Troutman65
05-26-2010, 08:22 PM
Been lucky and dodged the bullet so far. If I hear that anyone is sick I stay away from them for a week . Glad your feeling better Bro

Which Way Out
05-26-2010, 08:49 PM
Damn I wish you hadn't brought this up. Big weekend coming. That's all I need. Sad thing is I have been a bit worn down the past few days and don't like the feeling in my stomach at the moment :(

fisherman from long beach
05-27-2010, 07:51 AM
i was down for a couple of days,not stomach,but sinus inf.could'nt breath,and i got a couple of elbows to the ribcage.i guess i snore real loud when im sick,atleast that what she tells me.lol

lalo56
05-27-2010, 08:05 AM
Glad your better. I cant remember the last time i had the stomach flu. I though do remember my last couple of gout attacks!

SierraPeaks
05-27-2010, 11:48 PM
I'm just getting over it. I thought it was just in Arizona...apparently not.

olfishergal
05-29-2010, 10:23 PM
Yup!!! Got it last weekend and couldn't even go downstairs cu it was too far from the john. Both ends at once. Stayed home from work tues, went wed went early, worked 1/2 day thurs all day fri.........wow, still feel weak and shaky........drinking lots of fluids and little food. Can't even imagine with so little going in how so much comes out....gross but the truth. Seems the southland is suffering from this intestinal flu.
anyone else gets it, rest rest rest and drink H20 even if you don't feel like it Be mindful if you become dehydrated from going both ends, u may need a trip to the ER, especially kids......I went fishing last night and all day today and all I wanted was to be home in my bed. This takes a couple weeks to really be gone. so its not the food water or nasty girls/boys.......stay home if you are sick so it doesn't spread.....use the antibacterial hand stuff too....Be well everyone....... your friendly RN......OFG

Fishbones
05-29-2010, 10:48 PM
Glad your feeling better!!! My wife had it so bad that I had to take her to the E.R.

thanks,old pud fisher, hope the wife is doin better from this butt kicker stomach flu

My 3.5 year old is just recovering from it. Throwing up like 10 times, slept for almost 24 hrs straight. No energy. The rest of us are battling something, not the flu but it ain't good

hope you and the family are doin better!

Been lucky and dodged the bullet so far. If I hear that anyone is sick I stay away from them for a week . Glad your feeling better Bro

thanks patrick, good job duckin the bug...
and this aint no 22 bullet either....its a smith & wesson 500 50cal.

Just getting over this 3 week cough.
DR

3weeks, dang thats a good cough.

Damn I wish you hadn't brought this up. Big weekend coming. That's all I need. Sad thing is I have been a bit worn down the past few days and don't like the feeling in my stomach at the moment :(

hope you managed to ditch the bug and your weekend worked out for you...

i was down for a couple of days,not stomach,but sinus inf.could'nt breath,and i got a couple of elbows to the ribcage.i guess i snore real loud when im sick,atleast that what she tells me.lol

sinus inf. can really suck too, may the feeling of your nose really hurts...and in your case johnny your ribs as well...lol

Glad your better. I cant remember the last time i had the stomach flu. I though do remember my last couple of gout attacks!

thanks eddie, your lucky and dont want the stomach flu, sucks bout the gout attacks.

I'm just getting over it. I thought it was just in Arizona...apparently not.

wow, gotcha in AZ too huh.....yeah its a good one..

Yup!!! Got it last weekend and couldn't even go downstairs cu it was too far from the john. Both ends at once. Stayed home from work tues, went wed went early, worked 1/2 day thurs all day fri.........wow, still feel weak and shaky........drinking lots of fluids and little food. Can't even imagine with so little going in how so much comes out....gross but the truth. Seems the southland is suffering from this intestinal flu.
anyone else gets it, rest rest rest and drink H20 even if you don't feel like it Be mindful if you become dehydrated from going both ends, u may need a trip to the ER, especially kids......I went fishing last night and all day today and all I wanted was to be home in my bed. This takes a couple weeks to really be gone. so its not the food water or nasty girls/boys.......stay home if you are sick so it doesn't spread.....use the antibacterial hand stuff too....Be well everyone....... your friendly RN......OFG

really glad your doing better OFG, it was a butt kicker for me too and for some people might be hospitalizing for sure.
sucks it gotcha on your fishing trip, i feel you on the "theres no place like home" feeling when sick with this flu.
cuz it is not just a cold, its a whole lot more........lol......nastygirls/boys.....lol

Zach1093
05-29-2010, 10:50 PM
Had the stomach flu 4 months ago. Most miserable few days of my life. Glad to hear you're over it, time to get out on the water!