PDA

View Full Version : Whos ready for kitty season?

2quikmotorwerks
05-26-2010, 11:49 AM
I cant wait, will be there in full force dialing in those meow meow's see ya'll there

ghetto dad
05-26-2010, 12:00 PM
Have fun big homie....SLAY and make sure i get invited to the fish fry!!!

GD

AQUABOOGIE AKA MADDFISHIN
05-26-2010, 12:00 PM
THIS IS THE ONLY TIME OF YEAR I REALLY FISH. I AM PATIENTLY WAITING. DID TAKE A TRIP TO THE COLORADO RIVER, ITS NICE OUT THERE; I CAUGHT ONE SMALL CHANNEL, MY BUDDY CAUGHT A COUPLE OF FLATHEADS; HOWEVER I AM LOOKING FORWARD TO SPENDING SOME FRIDAY NIGHTS AT THE LAKE.:Dancing Banana:

Hometown
05-26-2010, 12:31 PM
Me ive been checking the days off my calander for a month now cant wait 3 more weekends

pho boy
05-26-2010, 12:36 PM
catfish are biting everywhere why wait

2quikmotorwerks
05-26-2010, 01:25 PM
catfish are biting everywhere why waitthis is true no need to wait, but there is just something about irvine lake and late nites that no other lake offers not to mention the king of the cats tourney

the killa
05-26-2010, 01:59 PM
The Fish Taco will be on the waters at Irvine Lake this year!!!

NV"CATTRACKER"
05-26-2010, 02:04 PM
Thursday night, friday night,and saturday night. I will be there every weekend this summer all the way till the end. Im going for the titan that lurks those waters. And theres nothing like the "king of cat" tourney. Irvine is the lakes of all lakes. My freezer is already loaded and my rods are spooled and i even got another fishfinder for the boat. Now that makes (2) fishfinders. Lol. Im ready and counting the days till it begins. Ooooohhhhhh yaaaa !!!!

Frenchy
05-26-2010, 02:33 PM
i heard the vine will only be open til midnight on sat and sunday now dont know if its true or not but that would suck

2quikmotorwerks
05-26-2010, 04:02 PM
i heard the vine will only be open til midnight on sat and sunday now dont know if its true or not but that would suckthat would suck but midnight is just a couple of hours shorter still not that bad, either way i will be there, plus if you think about it most of any of the real big fish that have been caught there are normally before 10pm so midnight should suffice as i chase down that 100+ pounder that out there

2quikmotorwerks
05-26-2010, 04:06 PM
The Fish Taco will be on the waters at Irvine Lake this year!!!brotha we gotta fish together this kitty season i'll bring the brew

chris273
05-26-2010, 04:29 PM
i should be making my first trip out to irvine....

the killa
05-26-2010, 06:48 PM
brotha we gotta fish together this kitty season i'll bring the brew

i'm down.... let me know when the tourny is and we'll use my boat!!!!

gavin310
05-26-2010, 07:33 PM
i heard the vine will only be open til midnight on sat and sunday now dont know if its true or not but that would suck

I really hope that's not true

Beeracuda211
05-26-2010, 08:13 PM
NOT ME lol

Angler Dan
05-26-2010, 09:46 PM
What kind of gear is appropriate for the cats? I have a feeling my light trout gear is going to need to be put away and I am going to have to make a few purchases.

AQUABOOGIE AKA MADDFISHIN
05-26-2010, 10:18 PM
What kind of gear is appropriate for the cats? I have a feeling my light trout gear is going to need to be put away and I am going to have to make a few purchases.

You can pull in cats on 4lb test; on average 8 to 12lbs will do just fine. As far as hooks, eagle claw 1, 1/0, even 2 are good for holding maceral, shrimp, or nightcrawlers. Some fishermen use weights or sinkers, some don't. in a boat it's not really necessary to have any weight, just enough bait to get your line down (usually mackeral). From shore the same thing virtually applies; when the cats start coming up to the shore in the evening, you just want to have you line out between 5 to 20 feet. Its also works to just throw your line out as far as possible, and wait for the bite. I'm sure some of the other cat fishers out there will have more advice... happy cattin!!!

troutdog
05-27-2010, 02:17 AM
Have fun big homie....SLAY and make sure i get invited to the fish fry!!!

GD

Serious fish fry gathering in the works, I'll let you know well in advance so hopefully you can join us!

Me ive been checking the days off my calander for a month now cant wait 3 more weekends

Looking forward to seeing you out there Mark, going to be a great summer!

The Fish Taco will be on the waters at Irvine Lake this year!!!

Time to rally up Team Fire Chicken! :LOL:

For the amount of people that actually stayed after midnight to fish, I wouldn't bother keeping the lake open either. On the otherhand if Irvine offered a 24 hour special a couple times this summer, that would be AWESOME!!!!

NOT ME lol

Dude there will be plenty of bluegill to keep you and Fire Marshall Farmy busy all summer long! :ROFL:

See you guys at the lake,

TD