PDA

View Full Version : Where are you fishing this memorial day weekend?

trollmiester
05-25-2010, 07:50 PM
I will start with maybe dvl and irvvine or surf,or just st. antonio lake

abbfanuc
05-25-2010, 08:37 PM
gonna be fishing BBL the whole weekend

Liteweight
05-25-2010, 08:45 PM
No need to challenge traffic or the crowds :Twisted: . Will be staying local and more than likely fishing the 'goon or stocking up on my flies, tying with my fly fishing partner during one of our marathon holiday sessions :Explode:. (explanation follows)
I haven't gone anywhere on a holiday in over30 years (with just a handful of exceptions). I usually fish before or after the holiday when the crowds are gone. Over the last 10 years my fly fishing partner and I usually take advantage of these 3 day holidays to stock up for the year by engaging in a marathon tying session.
LW.

Fisherman57
05-25-2010, 08:53 PM
I will start with maybe DVL and Irvine or surf,or just st. antonio lake

Im headed over to Trollmiester's house to watch TV, raid his refrigerator and empty his liquor cabinet
while he's out fishing at DVL, Irvine and San Antonio.

fishfinder
05-25-2010, 10:32 PM
Lake Piru for 3 days of fun in the sun. Oh yea, if any burglers are reading this, i have an alarm on the house and a rottweiller in the house.

Native Gal
05-25-2010, 11:03 PM
If all goes well my lil secret spot at the River : )

NG

Wingnut
05-25-2010, 11:17 PM
I will start with maybe dvl and irvvine or surf,or just st. antonio lake

Hey Chris, that's my plan, please stop stalking me... :ROFL:

ghetto dad
05-26-2010, 09:06 AM
Ill be camping with my wife and girls in Valley Center.....first, and hopefully not last, camping trip of the season..

have a great memorial day weekend everyone...

GD

TaperSteve
05-26-2010, 09:19 AM
Im going to go to the Vine Saturday morning for the trout derby. From there I havent decided if im going to go camp/fish Puddingstone Saturday night (I live 5 mins away). Theyre having their 1st Moonlight Fishing for the summer. Either that or stay home Saturday night and watch the UFC PPV and then go fish the trout derby again Sunday at the Vine. Since trout session is pretty much over in So Cal ill probably go to the Vine both days, kinda a farewell to trout season. Maybe ill see you there Trolly!

TaperSteve

MIKE Q
05-26-2010, 09:28 AM
I'll be fishing the upper lake at Castaic Friday morning from the boat for Striper and back down to the Lagoon later in the day out of my Fish Cat 4. Should be a long fun day of fishing. Mike

Granny Fish
05-26-2010, 09:40 AM
Fishing a 3 day on the First String with my hubby.

CL SmooV
05-26-2010, 10:01 AM
Pueblo Reservoir, S. Colorado

Smallies here I come.

ghetto dad
05-26-2010, 11:07 AM
Im going to go to the Vine Saturday morning for the trout derby. From there I havent decided if im going to go camp/fish Puddingstone Saturday night (I live 5 mins away). Theyre having their 1st Moonlight Fishing for the summer. Either that or stay home Saturday night and watch the UFC PPV and then go fish the trout derby again Sunday at the Vine. Since trout session is pretty much over in So Cal ill probably go to the Vine both days, kinda a farewell to trout season. Maybe ill see you there Trolly!

TaperSteve

you dog!! lol...I SOOOOOOOOOO want to see that fight!! Ill be outta town tho....grrrrrr...lol have fun man

GD

Which Way Out
05-26-2010, 09:49 PM
Im headed over to Trollmiester's house to watch TV, raid his refrigerator and empty his liquor cabinet

What's the address ? Party on. :)

I'll be mixing it up in Big Bear. A little Jeeping. a little golf and a little fishing. Not necessary in that order.

Troutman65
05-26-2010, 09:54 PM
Thinking of hitting Skinner on Sunday with CASTAWAY . Need to get some linesides .

sansou
05-26-2010, 10:34 PM
Happy Memorial weekend to all. Be safe out there.

Heading to Laughlin for a little fishin' & whatever with some of my favorite Team57 peeps!

Swank909
05-26-2010, 10:56 PM
I'll be stuck driving back from San Jose..........who is to say I wont stop a couple places along the way :P

Liteweight
05-27-2010, 05:28 AM
I'll be fishing the upper lake at Castaic Friday morning from the boat for Striper and back down to the Lagoon later in the day out of my Fish Cat 4. Should be a long fun day of fishing. Mike

Maybe I'll see you out there on Fri. afternoon. Probably be in my PAC 800 (if not,my Fat Cat) . Hopefully the bite will still be on!
LW.

bullets_full
05-27-2010, 01:00 PM
Heading out to Laughlin to fish with some of my least favorite Team 57 peeps......LOL

CatchthatTrout
05-27-2010, 03:06 PM
Heading out to Laughlin to fish with some of my least favorite Team 57 peeps......LOL

I thought I was one of those!

fisherman from long beach
05-27-2010, 04:20 PM
l.b break wall sun,nph friday,anybody want to join me tubbin nph,shoot me a pm.i'll be down there around 4ish.

VineAssist
05-27-2010, 04:43 PM
Good luck on that Dana. I have been to Trollys house. You might be lucky and find a beer or two. Maybe a leftover pizza or some chicken. The rest is straight nightcrawlers and the freezer is solid mackral. So if you like that have at it

olfishergal
05-27-2010, 10:21 PM
Heading out on the pac dawn tomorrow night probably fishing san miguel or san nichalas......have fun all and be safe this weekend......ofg

troutdog
05-27-2010, 10:34 PM
If I whip this flu bug I think I'll stay local and try my luck at the Vine on Sunday....have fun and be safe out there guys!

TD

Hometown
05-27-2010, 11:27 PM
If I whip this flu bug I think I'll stay local and try my luck at the Vine on Sunday....have fun and be safe out there guys!

TD

I been a little under the weather my self but i was thinking sun or mon my self maybe i will run in to you GO BLUE today was a greatpitcers dool I imagine was working didnt catch it

joetro474
05-28-2010, 10:00 PM
casitas with rabitto. Show you some picks later.

bsp
05-28-2010, 10:09 PM
Nowhere. Infected toe along with wicked antibiotics that make me ultra sensitive to the sun means fishing is out for 2 weeks.... so post some good reports up guys so I can live vicariously through them. :LOL:

AQUABOOGIE AKA MADDFISHIN
05-28-2010, 10:43 PM
the Coachella Canal

Zach1093
05-28-2010, 10:46 PM
If I'm lucky a local lake but thats all:Crying:

trollmiester
07-30-2017, 05:40 PM
im headed over to trollmiester's house to watch tv, raid his refrigerator and empty his liquor cabinet
while he's out fishing at dvl, irvine and san antonio.

just wanted to see a post from dana-wow time flies

RAIDEN
08-21-2017, 11:27 PM
Any suggestions? I wanna go fishing with my buddy that I haven't seen for ages and our boys, 7 and 9. I haven't been fishing for years and don't where to go. Just want to show the kids a good time and get them exited about fishing so we can go more often. I'm in Covina and he's in Anaheim. Anywhere in the area?

Ornery Bob
08-31-2017, 03:19 PM
Just my personal 2 cents....

The local fishing scene is tough for anyone not familiar with it. The guys out there actually catching fish work at it and know what they're doing. So yes, you can go to Laguna Lake in Fullerton and have a good day of fishing, but you're not *necessarily* going to catch any fish.

To get kids excited, they need to catch a fish and the only way to make *sure* that happens is Troutdale. Heck, I hear all the time about people getting skunked at Santa Ana River Lakes, which is heavily stocked, but if you don't know the right gear and bait and locations, then it's easy to come away empty handed. So if this about the kids catching something this weekend.... Troutdale. Check their website first... it gets expensive fast, but you will catch fish.

For the longer term, you're going to need to spend time on the water and get your skills and local knowledge wired in and then you'll be in a position to really show the kids how it works. Heck, I had been fishing the salt for 20 years, but after another 20 years of not fishing, I was shocked at how poorly I did when I decided to try it again. It tooks months of reading and getting out on the water and talking to local fishermen and experimenting with different gear and baits and presentations to get it dialed in. I went from 4 fish days to 25 fish days, but it didn't happen overnight.

DarkShadow
09-01-2017, 02:14 PM
For the longer term, you're going to need to spend time on the water and get your skills and local knowledge wired in and then you'll be in a position to really show the kids how it works. Heck, I had been fishing the salt for 20 years, but after another 20 years of not fishing, I was shocked at how poorly I did when I decided to try it again. It tooks months of reading and getting out on the water and talking to local fishermen and experimenting with different gear and baits and presentations to get it dialed in. I went from 4 fish days to 25 fish days, but it didn't happen overnight.

Glad to see that there are still fisherman out there willing to put in work.

Most of the time, you have 'lurkers' who troll sights like this to avoid the hard work.

Major props for you putting in what is needed to be successful on the water.