PDA

View Full Version : DVL last Wednesday 5-19...Prefish trip!!

Pete Marino
05-25-2010, 11:13 AM
So Ive been telling my friend Levi (Manager of the fishing Dept at Bass Pro Shops in Rancho)that I would get him out to DVL to slay the bass. So we finally set up a day to get out there. Levi told me that him and Paul wanted to fish against me with nothing on the line but pure fun and bragging rights for the day...
This wasnt going to be a guide trip, just a fun day on the lake with the hopes of some good trash talk between friends and some extra prefishing for my tournament yesterday.
So I met Levi and Paul at DVL wednesday morning and they loaded 20 rods and and 50 lbs of tackle into my boat:Bug Eyes::LOL::LOL:
Of course I had to start the trash talk and hammer them about how much tackle and rods they brought...:Wink: The battle was about to begin...
Oh and to even the odds a little I jumped in the boat in the parking lot and took the net and threw it in my truck and said...."No nets in my boat"!! This was the look on their faces.. :Shocked: lol
Hey I had to even the odds some how..
So we pull up to my first area and we start fishing....its kinda slow for the first hour... I start the trash talk.. I tell them that this is their chance to catch some bass because Im a slow starter.
They are throwing everything under the sun for NO LOVE from the bass... Im sticking to my trusty 6 lb finesse stuff.
Finally I set the hook and swing a small keeper into the boat... I tell them, "this is the just the beginning boys"...:Envious: Then a few mintues later I set the hook and look at them and tell them, "I have a donkey".. and I fight the bass until its tired and reach down a lip and SOLID 5 1/2 lb DVL Largemouth.. I wave it in their faces for a mintue and release it....
A few mintues later I set the hook again and its another good oneI reach down and grab it.. Another solid 4 lb bass. Im talking big trash now...:Envious::Envious:
Thats all they needed to see to make a change to the finesse stuff I was using.. :LOL:
Then Levi finally sets the hook on a keeper bass, so I spin the boat around and try to break his line....hahahahah Ultimate match fishing baby!!! :Twisted: He managed to swing it into the boat...3 lber..
We made a move and I catch another keeper and then I set the hook on another 4 lber. NICE!!!
Then we started to all catch fish after fish.. and we basically lost count.
Levi was the next to hook a Donkey... he plays his fish on his 4lb line like a seasoned pro and he reaches down and lips a SOLID 5 1/2 lb DVL bass... NICE JOB Bro!!!!
Then Paul was next to join the big bass parade.. He made a cast and set the hook on a pig!!! He fought the bass for about 2-3 mintues on his 5 1/4 lb test expensive japanese flourocarbon and boated a very healthy 5 1/2-6 lb fatty. NICE!!
Then Paul set the hook again on another good one...this bass WORKED Paul...took him down the bank, up the bank and all around....as it turned out it was only a very fiesty 4 lber!! hahahahaha:Embarrassed:
As it turned out I dont know who actually caught the largest bass of the day or who beat who....it didnt really matter because we all had a good time and caught some good ones and had alot of laughes and some good trash talk.

Here are some pics of the day.. (the pics are of Levi and Pauls fish)
Levi
http://i221.photobucket.com/albums/dd134/TeamMarino/IMG_2509.jpg
Paul
http://i221.photobucket.com/albums/dd134/TeamMarino/IMG_2507.jpg

Nice job Boys!

PeteMarinoGuideService.com
(909)510-5679

doorman
05-25-2010, 11:22 AM
nice session with good buddies. howd the tournament go?

Pete Marino
05-25-2010, 11:24 AM
I WON IT!!!!:Cool::Cool::Big Grin::Big Grin::Big Grin::Big Grin:

Pete:Cool:

doorman
05-25-2010, 11:37 AM
:Applause: well done

pizz
05-25-2010, 03:42 PM
thanks for a great time pete, but the start of the day didnt exactly go like u posted... here is how i remember it..

i was standing on the back of the boat, minding my own business when i was told that we were going to be fishing in 75-100 feet for suspending carp.. so after LMB like crazy.. finally after i cried and whined like a girl that there are no fish in this lake, pete took us to some cove areas and we could see GIANT cruisers everywhere and probably the LAKE RECORD BLUEGILL!!! This thing was bigger than Pete's ego!!! HA HA HA Finally after catching up to Pete on the numbers and lbs... he could see that we had the momentum in our favor and Pete decides that he has to pack and go.... FIGURES!!! J/K

Anyway, thank you Pete for a really fun day.. you really know your way around that lake and winning the tournament on sunday proves that!!! looking forward to fishing with you again.

Paul

Pete Marino
05-25-2010, 07:16 PM
Okay first and foremost... Dont be lying to everybody here on FNN and saying that ANYTHING was bigger than my ego much less some little bluegill.... Note to you.... ** NOTHING IS BIGGER THAN MY EGO...PERIOD!!! ** Know that!!! hahahahahahahahahaha :LOL::LOL:

And that fishing for susspended carp thing he said was a lie as well.... they were suspended in 125 ft not 75-100 ft quit trying to throw people off!! :LOL:

Okay seriously... .. It was a great day with you two frickin princesses. Im glad we were all able to stick a donkey!!

I COMPLETELY FORGOT about that Bluegill.. EVERYBODY... We saw the Lake Record Bluegill.... the only problem was that Me and Levi couldnt get it to bite..:mad::mad: :Embarrassed: Me and Levi threw everything at it we could think of and still couldnt catch that DONKEY Bluegill.. That thing was 4 lbs GUARANTEED!!! Finally we gave up and we moved on with our tails between our legs..:Embarrassed:... It would have been cool to catch it though...

And heck yes the momentum was in your favor so we had to bounce... lol Next time Im cutting your lines when you have a fish on so you dont even get close to me in numbers or weight. :Wink:

The 3 of us will get back out there or to Perris soon...

Pete:Cool:

jw4Bassing
05-26-2010, 09:28 PM
[QUOTE=Pete Marino;460097]Levi was the next to hook a Donkey... he plays his fish on his 4lb line like a seasoned pro and he reaches down and lips a SOLID 5 1/2 lb DVL bass.

Levi
http://i221.photobucket.com/albums/dd134/TeamMarino/IMG_2509.jpg
[QUOTE]

Hey Levi, congrats on catching that beautiful DVL toad. Was it skill or were you "JUSTTOOLUCKY" (J/K). Anyways, maybe one of these days you can guide me on the lake and show me the ropes on how to catch them at the "Jewel"....... Again nice catch buddy.

Tight Lines.....

JW

Pete Marino
05-27-2010, 08:51 AM
Levi is lucky he caught that good one...because I wouldnt have let him live it down... If he wasnt using the bait I told him to use..he'd still be out there blanking!!! hahahahahahahahaha