PDA

View Full Version : Minnkota I-Pilot

fishfinder
05-24-2010, 11:39 PM
I just bought the i-pilot for my 55 lb thrust power drive V2, any-one else get one of these yet? I haven't installed it yet, but tomorrow i will begin the journy. I almost sent it back, cause it says the pedal will not work with the power drive models. only with the terrova. kinda lame that they made it only work with the pedal on certain models. But i will put it on and try it out for the next 2 weekends and see if i want to keep it. just wondered if any-one else has tried one yet?

fishmounter
05-25-2010, 06:40 PM
My buddy has one on his pontoon boat at Perris and man!, that thing is awesome. No more dropping an anchor! Find your spot and set it at "anchor" and it just keeps you right there, even in the wind and current. While I was fishing up front next to the trolling motor, I could see and hear it come on periodically to keep the boat in position. Pretty sweet. Although I did not operate it, I guess you can use it with a GPS too and also set up a trolling pattern.

fishfinder
05-25-2010, 07:07 PM
thats great to hear another positive review. I installed it today and it took about 30 minutes. plugged in the battery, and it started to beep, and track satelites. cant wait for saturday at piru for first flight. the anchor lock is the reason i bought this thing. so tired of a sore ankle after 5 hours of trying to keep in a spot for fishing, cause the dam anchor wont hold.