PDA

View Full Version : May 19 & 20 trip to san diego

fishrebel
05-23-2010, 09:31 PM
Hello all,
Been a while since I have posted on this site. I used a guide service to fish the san diego bay and mission bay this past week. Wow, I now know what I have been missing.
First off the guide is a local, named James Nelson, capt. James of fish icon fame. James not only was prompt, nice, friendly, and informative but really new the bays like the back of his hand.
On Mission Bay he put me on spotted bay bass, sand bass, and a nice 8-9 lb halibut. What a nice way to start the trip off. All of this was with a half mile of the hotel my wife and I were staying in.
Then for the second day we hit San Diego bay. I am truly in awe of the knowledge James has on these bays.
Almost every stop produce fish. I caught all three types of bass, cuda, sand shark, and two bonefish.
Yup, that's right bonefish, in san diego bay, what a treat that was. Those boys know how to fight, long run and burst of energy right at the boat. Needless to say, I had a blast, the trip was great. I caught more fish and more types of fish in those two days then I had all year. What a small world this is too, I found out Capt. James and I have fished with some of the same people and the boat he now owns, belonged to a friend of mine. I enjoyed meeting him and would recommend him to anyone looking to have a fun day on the water.
The big fish on Weds. was the halibut, the big fish on thurs. was a 4.8 lb sand bass.
Hope all of you get out and fish those bays soon.
Enjoy,
DJ

cjmedina
05-23-2010, 10:13 PM
Awesome report. Were the prices decent? Sound like you had lots of fun

BrandonFish
05-23-2010, 10:33 PM
killer couple days in the bay indeed what produced the most fish for you?

Jaysuuun
05-24-2010, 06:50 AM
Nice goin out there. Sounds like your guide was worth every penny.

murrieta angler
05-24-2010, 01:38 PM
Nice job out in the bay.
I've only caught a couple of tiny bass, the few times I've fished there.
Did your wife fish also? I hope so, it will give you two something to do when y'all retire.
Thanks for the report,
Robert

Troutman65
05-24-2010, 02:22 PM
Sounds like you had a great time . Thanks for sharing

FISHINGBEE
06-01-2010, 09:34 AM
THose days of 100 plus bass and maybe 13 other species in a day. What people do not know. Not uncommon in the bay. Great job

Damm i never became a guide