PDA

View Full Version : Tough fishing at Bport and Twin

billy b
05-23-2010, 06:54 AM
Brrrrr ...

Blown off the shore at Bport Friday afternoon

Wind warnings Saturday ... but we survived ... and made it to the Hays Street Cafe.

Hardly anybody was brave enough to venture as far as the Dam end ... (I didn't cuss) ...

Trolling was a little steady but got our limits in 5 hours ... barely. One anchored boat was doing very well ... and it looked like one of the guides was getting some action ... (maybe they'll report)

1.5 to 2 colors ... or a Senko with a 3-4 foot leader. Didn't find a particularly hot lure ... best action was on an a shad (silver and black) Excel.

Afternoon ... I fished the shore of upper Twin and had some luck on NC's and and plastic Gulp worms. I was a stodgy as the fish. Didn't really go through my bag of plastics ... snowy and windy. Any suggestions? ... plastics?

Sorry ... no pics ... no size ... two baby browns at TL ...

SierraPeaks
05-23-2010, 09:08 AM
It's rough everywhere in the Eastern Sierras. It's the year of the endless winter.
The good news though...it may just be the best summer and fall fishing in decades.
Maybe...just maybe.

chappy23us
05-23-2010, 09:30 AM
Wow, it seems like it has the story just doesnt change in the Eastern Sierras this season. Almost every report is talking about poor weather and even worse fishing. I'm heading up next week with the family and hopefully we catch a small weather window which will allow us to catch some fish but reading these reports doesnt give me much hope. Thanks for posting though

SierraPeaks
05-23-2010, 10:49 AM
Wow, it seems like it has the story just doesnt change in the Eastern Sierras this season. Almost every report is talking about poor weather and even worse fishing. I'm heading up next week with the family and hopefully we catch a small weather window which will allow us to catch some fish but reading these reports doesnt give me much hope. Thanks for posting though

You'll catch fish.
You may have to work extra hard at it...but you'll catch fish.
Good luck.

Eat Sleep Fish
05-23-2010, 12:15 PM
Winter just wont end up there this year. Just heard that South Lake got 10 inches of fresh powder with some places reporting a wind chill of -5 degrees....BRRRRRR