PDA

View Full Version : Newport Landing 1/2 DAY PM Nautilus July 17, 2007

seanboi
07-17-2007, 06:45 PM
Went out on another half day to get some more of those checkerboards. Great fishing today down south in the laguna area. First spot was very slow though and i only got 2 calicos and my friend got 2 sand bass. The second spot was where we stayed for the rest of the day. Wide open calicos with boilers crashing on the baits. I caught at least 20 legals and kept 4. My biggest calico was a solid 4 lber. My biggest calico of the year so far :D . I would have won jackpot but of course i didnt enter :lol: . O well!!! My friend was doing just as well catching about the same amount as me. My last fish of the day was a little pencil cuda that fought pretty well on my light bass set up. I was also fly lining a dine the size of a mackeral that was bit in half by a cuda :evil: . All in all it was a great trip and it was nice to be on the water. Im telling everybody right now to go out on the PM out of newport not the am. The am is heading up north to the flats and it is very slow right now. The PM is heading down south to Laguna and the bite has been excellant so far. Id give the flats 1 or 2 more weeks. The count with 28 people was 85 calicos, 15 sand bass, 2 rockfish, 4 sheep head and 1 white fish. Try to get your self on a PM this week the calicos want to bite. :wink:

SanDimasLMB
07-17-2007, 06:50 PM
Good job again Sean :thumb:

JapanRon
07-17-2007, 10:42 PM
Hi Seanboi,

So ..... the question is .... any on plastics? :lol: :lol:

Nice report!

thanks,

JapanRon

seanboi
07-18-2007, 06:57 AM
Japanron,

I got three of my biggest calicos on the Berkeley Gulp Shrimp. I also got two calicos on my bass assasin green and silver flaked jerk shad. Plastics were a little slower than normal and the anchovies was the best way to go on that trip.