PDA

View Full Version : Castaic 5/21/10 report

CRESTLINER16
05-22-2010, 10:05 AM
Took Jimmy and Jason out to Castaic yesterday. conditions were perfect. We were actually on the lake by 7:30am which is rare for me with the boat.
boat was running well and had a few fish on the first spot. we had anchoring problems again so we didn't get much action. we were on the bouy line almost all day moving from spot to spot but it was pretty slim picking throughout the day. The day was looking bleak till 4:00pm when we returned to our first spot. From that point it was ***hot hot hot*** – for Jason that is. Jimmy had a few bruisers that he fought for a while then broke off and I hooked and landed only one the entire day. Jason caught the rest. we caught 11 total. Some guys have all the luck. he had the magic spot on the boat with the magic setups (which I loaned him). It was fun time.

here's a few pictures to enjoy.

PS. Thanks Marzocchi for your suggestions.

madwire3
05-22-2010, 10:09 AM
good stuff, sounds like a good time

Eat Sleep Fish
05-22-2010, 10:47 AM
good to see you got some to chew. too bad the bruisers broke off. youll get em next time when theyre bigger. keep up the slay!

marzocchi
05-22-2010, 11:19 AM
Nice job, glad the info worked out for you. Looks like you got some nice units there. I was about to head out yesterday too, but I checked the webcam and there were whitecaps. I did not think they would let me launch so I went back to bed. Ugh, next time!

Fishbones
05-22-2010, 02:20 PM
congrats on the striper slay,,, double fish karma points for "MARZ" hookin up the info, spots...

MIKE Q
05-22-2010, 03:19 PM
Nice job out there CRESTLINER. Cool post and pics. I went out today Sat 22 and only caught 2 from shore due to Castaic not allowing boats on the water because of the strong wind.:Sad:

Troutman65
05-22-2010, 04:14 PM
Nice going on the Linesides .

CRESTLINER16
05-22-2010, 08:31 PM
Nice job, glad the info worked out for you. Looks like you got some nice units there. I was about to head out yesterday too, but I checked the webcam and there were whitecaps. I did not think they would let me launch so I went back to bed. Ugh, next time!

We got there early and the wind wasn't too bad. at around noon it was blowing pretty good with some whitecaps. The lifeguards came by the bouyline and I was worried they were going to tell us to head in but lucky they were just telling folks not to tie up to it then took off. Good thing too cause the it didn't pick up till 4pm. Thanks agin bro!!

CRESTLINER16
05-22-2010, 08:33 PM
Nice job out there CRESTLINER. Cool post and pics. I went out today Sat 22 and only caught 2 from shore due to Castaic not allowing boats on the water because of the strong wind.:Sad:

Thanks for all the nice comment guys. I know the feeling of not being allowed to launch after arriving. very sad. but you still caught 2 that's good work!

MarkyMark
05-22-2010, 08:35 PM

I took off Thurday to fish but no go due to wind..I thought Friday would be the same...stayed local

CRESTLINER16
05-22-2010, 08:36 PM
good to see you got some to chew. too bad the bruisers broke off. youll get em next time when theyre bigger. keep up the slay!

The bite was on light line. he was using some wierd 3.5 lb leader material and didn't set his drag properly. The rod was doubled over and the reel was screaming like crazy till the line popped.