PDA

View Full Version : Report from June Lake loop

fishtales
05-21-2010, 07:35 PM
Hi All,

We've been in the June Lake loop staying at our favorite place, the June Lake Motel for a week.

The first 2 days it was cold and blustery. No fish. Great Brown weather but my friends didn't want to fish in the cold wind. Then the weather became nice on Wed. and Thursday. We limited out both days at Gull Lake bait fishing with nightcrawlers and Power Bait. I caught a couple on mini-jigs. They weren't interested in lures.

Today, Friday was very windy. Two of our friends fished Pleasant Valley Reservoir and nearly limited out. Tioga Pass is closed as of today but Sonora pass is supposed to open tomorrow.

Sorry, forgot my camera.

We had a great time as usual.

FT

fishincrave
05-21-2010, 10:06 PM
thanks for the report man.

Sean

SierraPeaks
05-22-2010, 05:43 AM
On the trip I just got back from, I was trying to get at least one guy from our group to shoot up to Gull for a day...but none of those pansies wanted to drive a half hour. Fishing was slow on Convict and Crowley, and I knew we could catch some fish on Gull. Gary Cino, who owns Gull Lake Marina, buys more Alpers than any lake in the Eastern Sierras. Long story short...I didn't make it to Gull and had to settle for 2 to 3 pounders at Crowley and not very many of them.

Eat Sleep Fish
05-22-2010, 09:53 AM
good job on the limits. you guys should've been out there in the nasty weather...maybe a big brown wouldve hit?!?! lol who know. keep it up!

bstolton
05-22-2010, 07:22 PM
Reading your post makes me wish september would get here. Thats when I make my annual trip to the loop. I love fishing both june and gull. Gull has some serious crawdads too, sierra lobster! Good job you guys.

Bill