JapanRon
05-21-2010, 04:04 PM
Here's 11 letters
http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h313/tsurikichi/0519ShortRptP1.jpg
http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h313/tsurikichi/0519ShortRptP2.jpg

murrieta angler
05-21-2010, 04:27 PM
Very nice Ron!
Glad to see you getting fish with your plastics. Those are some very nice barracuda.
Did you head out on the 17th with the Tradition? Just curious..
Thanks for the report and pictures,
Robert

Jackpot Jimmy
05-21-2010, 04:35 PM
NICEEEEE report Ron! Glad to see the GAR finally made their entrance. I hope to slay a few here soon. This summer, I'm going to try to fish plastics only on some trips (especially Catalina trips) with my trust smoke sparkle Ocean Logic grub and maybe a few swimbaits. I've caught many a big calico on it and I hope it doesn't fail me this summer. Hope to see you fishing on the Tradition this summer...when you plan to shoot me a PM!

Newfishsmell
05-21-2010, 04:48 PM
Oh yeah , good to see some surface action . Thanks for the report ...

FISHSTIX
05-21-2010, 08:29 PM
Nice job getting the 'cudas on the plastic. I've landed them on irons, live bait, hard baits, and fly but yet to get'em on plastics. One day i'm sure. I was admiring the swimbait holder the other day, didnt know it was yours...nice! You are a knowledgeable angler and I would share the rail with you anyday. See you on the water.

Fishbones
05-21-2010, 11:53 PM
congrats on the logs added to your yearly fish to date list.....plastics did you good ....

Eat Sleep Fish
05-22-2010, 09:59 AM
best slatwater reports on this board. good job on the cuddas!

JapanRon
05-22-2010, 02:00 PM
Hi murrieta angler,

Nope, fished from a Long Beach landing and fished with FISHSTIX and his buddy. Poor guys that fished for them .. Thur/Fri ..... bite just died !!

thanks for the replly and ...... awaiting your next report.

JapanRon

JapanRon
05-22-2010, 02:03 PM
Hi Jackpot Jimmy,

Yes, we will be in heaven if the Bass bite this Summer is as it was 5 years ago !! We will fish together for sure ... will PM ya .... without fail.

thanks,

JapanRon

JapanRon
05-22-2010, 02:04 PM
Hi newfishsmell,

You're welcome. Let's hope this is not a migratory pattern like we saw last year !!

JapanRon

JapanRon
05-22-2010, 02:13 PM
Hi FISHSTIX,

Thanks ....... you're too kind !! Didn't we fish together Wednesday ?! If so ..... shoot me a PM with an email address so I can send you the picture of you and your buddy ? holding the cuda.

later,

JapanRon

JapanRon
05-22-2010, 02:16 PM
Hi fishbones,

Yes, that's great but I'm still going to have to make some island trips to surpass my species count from last year.

thanks and await your next trip / report,

JapanRon

JapanRon
05-22-2010, 02:19 PM
Hi Eat Sleep Fish,

Well, We've got a host of great writers here on FNN Tunaslam, Jackpot Jimmy, Pokerface12, and all the other guys who know who you are ..... it's just I'm just to dang lazy to keep typing names !!

thanks,

JapanRon

DockRat
05-22-2010, 06:36 PM
Great Report Ron.
Been wanting to go Log looking.
Tossed a blue/chrome Kroc at LB public fishing area after work thursday and had a looked to be legal Cuda 'follow up' to the rocks.
DR

JapanRon
05-22-2010, 07:20 PM
Hi DockRat,

Thanks. I'll bet it was satisfying to see your instincts were correct on throwin' the Kroc ...... almost as good as a hit which is ...... almost as good as a fight which is ....... almost as good as a catch !! :) I've been wondering about breaking out the ol' float tube for something other than Bass and Halibut .... serious. Areas like Rainbow Harbor (??Sunset Marina ??) see cuda all the time although we can't fish in the harbor itself. Baytubers fish fairly open water in groups all the time. Cabrillio area should hold some cuda (WSB too) too from my own experience !! Especially with the livebait receiver nearby ..... I think is there presently !!

JapanRon

Zach1093
05-22-2010, 11:36 PM
nice, awesome to see the cuda have shown up! I'll be going out early next week to try and get in on this!

Wingnut
05-22-2010, 11:54 PM
Those are some nice pipes Ron, always dig all your reports. Keep up the good work out there. :Big Grin:

JapanRon
05-23-2010, 09:43 AM
Hi Zach1093,

Thanks. Seems like lotsa folks are thinking the same thing ! :)

JapanRon