PDA

View Full Version : Need a Castaic Reports area

JigStop
05-21-2010, 01:01 PM
In case the monitor hasn't noticed, they are dominating this message board. No mean to offend but all the stories of SLAYAGE and KILLING the little 3/4lb dumb stripers is kind of boring.

gletemfeelsteelgary
05-21-2010, 03:14 PM
In case the monitor hasn't noticed, they are dominating this message board. No mean to offend but all the stories of SLAYAGE and KILLING the little 3/4lb dumb stripers is kind of boring.
Wheres your report ? this is a report ?

madwire3
05-21-2010, 04:52 PM
its pretty easy to just scroll past what doesnt interest ya... i ont fish castaic but i like reading the reports of those "dumb stripers" when the board is slow otherwise :)

fishfinder
05-21-2010, 05:35 PM
:Bug Eyes: HUH ! ! ! :Fishing Hole: I LOVE TO READ ABOUT SLAYAGE :Beer Toast: KILL*KILL*KILL :Guns:

Eat Sleep Fish
05-22-2010, 09:57 AM
this time of year, castaic will dominate the board until about october.

with that said, not such a bad idea to have a seperate castaic page.

Fishbones
05-22-2010, 02:03 PM
The reason there is no Castaic page like the others, DVL,SARL,IRVINE, is because these lakes are sponsors of the site.
As a sponsor of the site they are entitled to have there own page which is part of the sponsorship
I am going to try and head up there to talk with Castaic Lake officials to see if we can get them as a sponsor on the site so then we can
add them to the report section. I aslo agree that it is missing and is a must with all the fisherman slaying it up there.

JohnMarino
05-22-2010, 02:07 PM
The reason there is no Castaic page like the others, DVL,SARL,IRVINE, is because these lakes are sponsors of the site.
As a sponsor of the site they are entitled to have there own page which is part of the sponsorship
I am going to try and head up there to talk with Castaic Lake officials to see if we can get them as a sponsor on the site so then we can
add them to the report section. I aslo agree that it is missing and is a must with all the fisherman slaying it up there.

Castiac should sponsor FNN, this site brings alot of business to the lake, everyones slayin it up there right now.

Fishbones
05-22-2010, 02:17 PM
Castiac should sponsor FNN, this site brings alot of business to the lake, everyones slayin it up there right now.

I agree and am working on trying to make it happen, i personally really like fishing castaic too.

koifish
05-22-2010, 02:54 PM
DVL,SARL,IRVINE are private lakes. They have money. Castaic run by LA County and the county are broke now...hahaha...hope to get a sponsor from them.

JohnMarino
05-22-2010, 02:55 PM
DVL,SARL,IRVINE are private lakes. They have money. Castaic run by LA County and the county are broke now...hahaha...hope to get a sponsor from them.

LOL True we barely get trout plants

E man
05-22-2010, 04:05 PM

Yeah i doubt that it would ever happen. Like already said the county is broke and don't forget the lake was almost closed down a few years back...

Fishbones
05-22-2010, 04:22 PM
You guys got to have faith....i got some good PR skills and it might take a minute or two...it will be done!

TroutOnly
05-22-2010, 07:06 PM
Wait for the bait bite to fizzle then you wont see so many reports,,,,,,,,,,,dumb stripers,,,lol,,,,,man what a dip-****,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

JohnMarino
05-23-2010, 02:02 AM
Wait for the bait bite to fizzle then you wont see so many reports,,,,,,,,,,,dumb stripers,,,lol,,,,,man what a dip-****,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

I like the dumb stripers! Those are the only ones I catch that dont break me off! The smart stripers always get away lol

Eat Sleep Fish
05-23-2010, 12:17 PM
Well, the bait bite should be strong for atleast another 2-3 months, on and off. So well be seeing a TON of castaic reports.

madwire3
05-23-2010, 12:20 PM
hope so... whats the deal with pyramid? havent seen any reports in like a week or two.. everyone focussing on castaic and antonio?

Fishbones
05-23-2010, 01:06 PM
Well, the bait bite should be strong for atleast another 2-3 months, on and off. So well be seeing a TON of castaic reports.

Which is a good thing for the fishing....lets go find those castaic DD stripers,...

Eat Sleep Fish
05-23-2010, 01:27 PM
Which is a good thing for the fishing....lets go find those castaic DD stripers,...

Game On! I'm gonna try to make it out there tuesday. you going?

cutbait
05-23-2010, 01:36 PM

Sounds kinda silly coming from someone whose avatar is of "SLAYED and KILLED" "boring" "3/4 lb dumb" bluegill?

Just sayin'

webmaster
05-23-2010, 02:50 PM

It's in the working. I'm actually trying to come up with a way to include sub-forums so we can categorize many diffent lakes and areas. I gave it some work the other day but due to other projects getting in the way - I wasn't able to finish.

Coming soon guys.....

gletemfeelsteelgary
05-25-2010, 11:53 AM
Having been a member of friends of castaic lake for about 4 years (retired now) and privy of some internal workings, I seriously doubt they would become a sponsor unfortunately....the county is a wierd beast and very tight at times...

It by all means wouldn't hurt to solicit it but I would not count on it.

Simple math though stepping back a page, anytime any speciific lake has a steady bite, those reports will dominate, I'd suggest to anyone "tired" of a castaic report should go pound their lake close to them and make that lake dominate the board...most times people who complain like this don't even share their info regarding a bite so get on with it and skip down through them or go get your slay obn and YOU be the dominating factor..

Kinda rude ta say "Dumb" stripers and you've obviosly not read the reports cause the average fish is MUCH more than 3/4 lb unless your a noob !