PDA

View Full Version : b.v. bakersfield report, as if anyone cares about my reports :/

madwire3
05-21-2010, 12:24 AM
yeah still posting my reports even though no one ever says anything about em i feel i need to contribute since others have guided me in the right direction on waters im less familiar with, anyways b.v. bakersfield today, hit the waters early on the boat, tons of hits but clearly small cats as expected, pulled in 2 4 inch cats after downsizing hooks out of curiousity if it was cats or gills,, moved on after a bit of ridicule from my brother about wasting time with my ultralight pulling in tiny cat after tiny cat "my defence was teach them to avoid a hook early.. drinking early makes better sence then my drunk theories" i got a 5 lb channel right at boatside about 3 feet down, and a few minutes later while realing in the same ultralight setup to check bait it suddenly got heavy , was a smallllllll crappie, awesome suprise and definately the smallest crappie ive ever caught about 5 inches long, later after more small catfish i got a good size bluegill, brither only got 1 small catfish, i had a blast with my ultralight catching 95% of the fish i brought in on that pole, 4 lb line and super bendo rod on a 5 lb cat is great fun, anyways bats of choice for the most catches was meal worms, chicken liver and chovies got hit like crazy, nightcrawlers about the same but mealworms got me most of the fish, so dont forget them if u wanna take the kids out for some small catfish fun and maybe a bluegill or two

Troutman65
05-21-2010, 12:29 AM
Thanks for taking the time to post up your fishing trip :Cool:

madwire3
05-21-2010, 12:41 AM
ty for humoring me, i dont think thats spelled correctly,, k no more computer time for me, pass out time

fishincrave
05-21-2010, 08:06 AM
Thank you for posting madwire3 sounds like you had a good time with the ultra light gear.
5 lbs cat on 4 lbs line and light gear is alot of fun .
By the way all reports the good the bad and the ugly, and even reports with no pix are important .
Don't be discouraged to make a report you know it get's looked at LOL.
Again thanks for the effort to put up a report .:Smile:

Sean

madwire3
05-21-2010, 11:18 AM
here in town the local fishing report is limited to what the bait shop wants to push for sales ya know? its true stuff but if something they dont carry is working really well u wont see it in the report, just gotta watch for the "striper bite is wide open" or anything like that about whatever species, and do what u know to try for that specific body of water, so for those people who dont get out too often but wanna make the most of their trip all the small reports are valuable if they are willing to do some reading through fairly current reports, i dont see much about b.v. or other fishing areas for this crappy valley up on the net "ive done lots of searching" one fnn member i forget his name has recently added two posts about b.v. and again valuable info, others throw duct posts and again great stuff even if the specific lures or rigs may be hidden they still state the bait or lure catches most the time, i love this fnn community because of most of u guys have been very helpful to me personally with fishing new bodies of water and technique tips, and ive seen the same shown to many other members so again i post what i can to offer whatever i may to whomever may be looking for what worked or didnt, my day wasnt spectacular but it was a great day for me, busy chasing bites and moving around, multispecies fun and even better on the ol tiny ... anyways ramble is done, tight lines guys

fishinone
05-21-2010, 11:42 AM
Thanks for the report madwire3.

Of coarse we care, we're sensitive.:LOL:

Glad to see you got some action.

cutbait
05-21-2010, 03:17 PM
Keep em comin madwire... Its all useful..

Trailblazer is the guy your talking about. I'd keep in touch with that guy if I u!

He's helped me out more times than I could count.

Keep at it man. Right now Bakersfield fishing is awesome right now.

GET FRESH DEAD SHAD from the grates at BV for those cats. Izzy has outstanding cat action on,,,,, SHAD! Crappie are crazy there. Every lake around has a good to great Bass bite right now. From BV to izzy to success to Naci, to the freakin aqueduct. Trout in the river!

You name the freshwater species and they are biting here.

Keep the reports up. Lots of Bako guys here fishing, just not any reports.

madwire3
05-21-2010, 04:28 PM
yep for sure, been targetting cats the last week or so, besides one bluegill hunt for the kids, everything is indeed biting well except those fun ol carp, im ready for em though boilies and all :)
so far this year has been the best fishing for me, far better catches and numbers, last year was ok but this year is kickin it up nicely

Liteweight
05-21-2010, 06:05 PM
Even though "we" don't comment, doesn't necessarily mean we don't care.
For myself, "my bad", for not commenting whenever I've read one of your posts. I have friends that live up there and without posts from up there I wouldn't know when the fishing is at least decent.
Keep 'em coming, and thanks for taking the time to post.
LW.

trail blazer
05-21-2010, 07:50 PM
Keep those reports comming bro,,,,,,,,,,WTG out at B,V,,,,,,,,,,,Nice ultra light battle.

Been really buisy lately but soon i hope we can get togather for a B,V or NIGHT TIME DUCT SLAY,,,,,,,,
PM me your # and il call you before my next trip out,,,if thats ok with you,,,,,,,,

ANOTHER BAKERSFIELD FNN,ER,,,,,,,,,,,NICEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

TRAIL BLAZER

old pudd fisher
05-21-2010, 08:08 PM
Thanks madwire3 I have read all of them and injoyed.

madwire3
05-21-2010, 08:15 PM
haha thanks everyone but i wasnt that serious haha was a lil drunk and thought hey i know how to get some replies, pitty party haha suckers :P i kid i kid, but yeah thanks now i know u guys have had to get some fishing in besides all this castaic fun so wheres those reports huh? i might be hitting the duct again tomorrow not sure, like to avoid the weekend traffic out there, only so much mariachi"sp?" music i can take :/ who knows what the plan will turn into