PDA

View Full Version : Castaic by day, Duct by night 5/19/10.

kpn
05-20-2010, 02:34 PM
Castaic.
I got the invite to fish Castaic on John's boat, a friend from Palmdale and his friend Mike. I took the opportunity to get on another slay....hopefully like last Saturday night fishing, we caught over 50 stripers and kept 3 limit.
We got to the spot around 7am and I did not get a bite until 8am. It was a slow pick morning, I got 4 nice size stripers 3 to 4 lbs, lost one after a good fight and 1 broke my 6lbs main line after a long fight too :mad:.
At about 10.30am...some one turn on the fan.....the wind was howling out there up to 20mph.
My friend John got 3, 2 of them was nice size and 1 is a schoolie. Mike did not get anything while I was there, he also got a few bites, but lost it. You'll get em next time Mike.
John drop me off @1.00pm. I hope you guys got more after I left.
Mike, It was nice to meet you,
John, Thanks for the invite. We should go out again soon ;).

Here are some pics.....All nice size fishes! The pics doesn't show true size of these fish.

From the top , look down the Dam.
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b147/Fisherman7/Top20of20Castaic20upper20lake20entr.jpg

Morning fog.
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b147/Fisherman7/Castaic51910001.jpg
The Catch.
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b147/Fisherman7/Castaic51910005.jpg

With John,
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b147/Fisherman7/Khnah2020I20Fishing2005-20-20102020.jpg

Duct.
On my way home from Castaic, my friend Hai text me "duct tonight?" and I talked to him......"let me talk to my boss at home & let you know ;)".
By 6pm I text back "The boss allow me to kill more stripers :)" and off to the duct we went @ 8pm.
We got to the first spot and fish for about 45min with just a few nibbles and I went over to Hai side & ask "any bites?", he said couple bumps, so I said make a few more cast and we go.....Just after saying that I made a cast next to him....couple crank....HOOK UP! I can felt the strengh of the fish with the current I said to Hai "It's a nice one....get the net". We landed that fish with the help of Hai and later weight in @ 7.3lbs.
We stayed there for another 15min, with no more bite and off to the next spot we go. I got a few bumps at the second spot and in my fifth cast I hook up again with my 2nd one of the night, it's about a little more than half of the other one, but I was happy :). Hai got a couple hook up, but lost after a few second fight....Bummer!
We left @ 2.15am.

Here is the picture.
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b147/Fisherman7/IMG_2351.jpg
You'll get em next time Buddy! And thanks for letting me fish with you ;). We will go out again soon.

KPN.

fishinone
05-20-2010, 03:12 PM
Wow you've been kinda busy.

Do you have someone to clean all of those for you?

kpn
05-20-2010, 03:31 PM
Wow you've been kinda busy.

Do you have someone to clean all of those for you?

Ron,
It will be an honor if you come over to clean my fishes.......:ROFL::ROFL::ROFL:.
My inlaw will clean all of the fish :LOL:.

Thanks bro.

KPN.

fishinone
05-20-2010, 03:36 PM
Ron,
It will be an honor if you come over to clean my fishes.......:ROFL::ROFL::ROFL:.
My inlaw will clean all of the fish :LOL:.

Thanks bro.

KPN.

I guess we don't have to worry about that. Half the time I won't clean my own fish. I give them to someone who will take them frozen whole.

fishinone

gletemfeelsteelgary
05-20-2010, 04:32 PM
nice work khanh, lay 'em down and "smack 'em yak 'em !" I'm telling you....back to back trips ? sounds familiar !

Nice SLAYAGE !

sweet....makes me proud : )

Gonna have ta talk ta Hai, but you shouldn't be schooling him down so hard, he might get a skunk complex : ) heh heh heh j/k

Nice work at Castaic n' da duct....

I'm getting due myself I've only been out 3 times this week counting saturday and last night was not for me but for the teaching experience...

But with that being said, I'll have to go home do a quick bake job and eat some striper tonight b4 my next slay which will be ? Hmnnn...

I think 32 stripers in 1 week could NEVER be enough....MORE BLOOD ! More Slay....More BENDO...

Congrats on the fine catches,
FTS

Congrats

HaiTheMeister
05-20-2010, 04:43 PM
nice work khanh, lay 'em down and "smack 'em yak 'em !" I'm telling you....back to back trips ? sounds familiar !

Nice SLAYAGE !

Gonna have ta talk ta Hai, but you shouldn't be schooling him down so hard, he might get a skunk complex : ) heh heh heh j/k

I'm getting due myself I've only been out 3 times this week counting saturday and last night was not for me but for the teaching experience...

But with that being said, I'll have to go home do a quick bake job and eat some striper tonight b4 my next slay which will be ? Hmnnn...

I think 32 stripers in 1 week could NEVER be enough....MORE BLOOD ! More Slay....More BENDO...

FTS

Congrats

LOL. Althought I hooked into a huge carp on the KPN. I fought it for about 10 mins and the whole time I thought i was getting my double D striper for the first time but.... I had Khanh ran like a mile to bring me the net but in the end it got away.

gletemfeelsteelgary
05-20-2010, 04:48 PM
LOL. Althought I hooked into a huge carp on the KPN. I fought it for about 10 mins and the whole time I thought i was getting my double D striper for the first time but.... I had Khanh ran like a mile to bring me the net but in the end it got away.
So your saying it was a carp SKUNK huh.....Noob !

Ahhhh ha ha ha....just kidding buddy, that happens, I back hooked a 9/12 a few months back and landed it but I frequently drag accross a carp and come up with scales on the KPN....scales the size of a half dollar...

there are some huge ones out there..

Your time will come....just beleive....meanwhile...I think turners has a special on carp dough ! : )

Ahhhhhh ha ha ha ha...

Keep on 'em Mr stinky will be gone b4 you know it : )

CARP KILLA' !

koifish
05-20-2010, 05:08 PM
Came to Castaic this morning. The wind was so strong.....went back to sleep. Thanks for the report

TroutOnly
05-20-2010, 06:30 PM
great job kahn, im goin need some super-plugs for the slugs at san antonio,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,T/O,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Fishbones
05-20-2010, 09:50 PM
congrats on the double slay,nice job!!

fishincrave
05-20-2010, 10:27 PM
nice going there Khan 2 for 2 yea .

Sean

kpn
05-21-2010, 05:50 PM

Nice SLAYAGE !

FTS

Congrats

Thanks Gary,
You smack & yack em good out there too. Now go out @ kill some more :LOL:.

I though you hook a DD striper, but when I saw the golden tail...It's a carp!
Thanks for letting me fish with you bro. You'll get em next time. :LOL:.

Came to Castaic this morning. The wind was so strong.....went back to sleep. Thanks for the report

Thanks bro.
The wind has been howling @ Castaic in the last few and next few days too.

KPN.

kpn
05-21-2010, 05:52 PM
great job kahn, im goin need some super-plugs for the slugs at san antonio,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,T/O,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Thanks Bob,
Let me know what you need Bob. I have some 7" & 8" trout plug just finished.

KPN.

kpn
05-21-2010, 05:55 PM
congrats on the double slay,nice job!!

Thanks Alex,
You guys did pretty good on the salt too.....I never catch one of those yet, must be fun!!!! :LOL:.

nice going there Khan 2 for 2 yea .

Sean

I fish as much as I can :Wink:.
Thanks Sean.

KPN.

kpn
05-21-2010, 06:01 PM
More pictures add.

KPN.

M@M
05-22-2010, 01:58 PM
VERY NICE!! Lots of tasty stripers!

kill_obet
05-24-2010, 11:27 AM
khan thats too much fishing for you my friend hehehe..great job!