PDA

View Full Version : So any suggestions as to where to fish in the Bishop Area?

Koshaw
05-19-2010, 07:53 AM
I will be up there Tomorrow. Any ideas as to where we should go? I was thinking pvr, intake II, the creeks/rivers. Anywhere else I should hit up?

I have UL gear, running 2lb test with plastics, lures, flies, worms, gulp, and a crayfish trap.

Any advice would be great!

Daryl
05-19-2010, 12:28 PM
It looks like the weather turned and we're in for a cold; possibly snowy weekend. I'm heading up to June Lake early tomorrow morning. From what I've heard, Intake II is the only fishable lake up in the Bishop mountains. PVR should be nice and warm.

Daryl
05-27-2010, 01:43 PM
How did you do up there?

Eat Sleep Fish
05-27-2010, 03:13 PM
How did you do up there?

He should have done good. All the roads just opened up this week. Alpers have been going in.

cpt_majestic
05-29-2010, 05:25 AM
I myself have never been a huge fan of Intake 2, I'm more North Lake, Weir Pond and the streams..Last year we tubed out to the dam at South Lake and killed em using pumpkin jigs

Eat Sleep Fish
05-29-2010, 01:30 PM
I myself have never been a huge fan of Intake 2, I'm more North Lake, Weir Pond and the streams..Last year we tubed out to the dam at South Lake and killed em using pumpkin jigs

North Lake > Intake 2.

Intake 2 use to be a glory pond. Had many days fishing the inlet, catching 30-40 fish with Alpers mixed in. For some reason, ever since 2005 it just hasn't been the same. Some people say the algae in that lake is the problem. But I remember the year they drained the lake out, made it deeper, and cleaned out all the algae....the fishing got worse.

With that said, you can still have a great day or two here and there at Intake 2 but i'd take North Lake if you're looking to fish a smaller lake.

SierraPeaks
05-29-2010, 05:00 PM
You might catch a break this weekend...weather wise.

paintsn
06-03-2010, 05:10 AM
went up on memorial weekend... PVR produced good fishing for me.. while a few stated they skunked, plenty of fish there,that i saw..sometime its just the skills with the bit of luck of course that could change the atmosphere.. always best to do your homework

also the owens river was nice.. saw plenty of wild trouts that you could test your skills with..

best for me was the spot in lone pine right off the highway that we slayed the trouts easily... anyhow..cant wait to be back up there asap..