PDA

View Full Version : duct trip may 18th

madwire3
05-18-2010, 11:38 PM
hit the spot around 4, slow for the first 45 minutes then constant hits but seemed like lil guys messing with our baits so i downsized hooks and bait and caught 3 smaller cats all under a pound, netted a silverside along the bank and used it to catch a 2lb lmb, then after sundown bam 5 lb kitty, brother got skunked but had tons of hits, im pleased with the trip just forgot to get pics the bites cut most celebrations short, bendo bendo everywhere, anyways yeah good action not huge fish but better then my usual aquaduct skunk fest, used anchovies, chicken liver, and that silverside

madwire3
05-19-2010, 11:31 AM
oh and seen some hugeee bluegill, bigger then any ive ever caught, no worms with us and they didnt want the liver or chovies, taking some worms for sure next time, play with some gills while i wait for big daddy to bite :)

Dalizzy07
05-21-2010, 09:54 PM
i never knew there were bluegills in the duct, i usually fish the buttonwillow duct

madwire3
05-21-2010, 09:58 PM
ive never caught any but seen a few smaller ones last summer, then these two bigggg gills swimming with a lmb, the bass looked like he was maybe around a lb and they were just as wide and almost as long as it was, anyone have any tips for catchin bluegill out of the duct? never tried i was just gonna rig for the flow with whatever weight i need to keep it in place with 2 small hooks 1 and 2 foot above the weight, with worm/ cricket on em... any better ideas?

trail blazer
05-22-2010, 04:39 AM
WTG on the duct kittys M,W!

Good luck on the duct gill,s,,,,,,,,,keep us posted

TRAIL BLAZER

madwire3
05-23-2010, 11:17 AM
same spot last night " 23rd" the flow started non existent then slowly got stronger same rate as last trip there but a lil later by like 2 hours on flow, few small taps, very few my father got a 1 lb cat about an hour later i got a 2 lber, tossed em back, wind picked up bad, plus super cold so around midnight we called it and headed out, would have been nice to catch more but again was nice getting out there

trail blazer
05-23-2010, 08:08 PM
Great job just getting out MW3,,,,,,,,,Thanks for the report

Fishin Magician
05-24-2010, 01:32 PM
i'm going to have to join you one night. do you fish for stripers too?

madwire3
05-24-2010, 02:49 PM
yeah but mostly just bait, always throw a couple lures but my gear sucks so i get frustraited and just wanna relax so toss out some bait

pacerpacer8
05-24-2010, 11:08 PM
im from riverside could u tell me were i can fish the duct without getting in trouble i would appreciate it

madwire3
05-26-2010, 10:27 AM
anywhere there is a road crossing theres usually those walk through parts "openings" if its posted no fishing it usually means no fishing and theyll run ya off or ticket ya but theres plenty of spots to hit, weekends generally suck out there too many people but week days if u just want some queit time thats the time to go

madwire3
05-28-2010, 01:03 AM
went tonight "may 28th" didnt make a new post for this report cause me and my two fishing partners all got skunked, couple small hits but thats all, weather suckedddd, oh well cant get em all the time