PDA

View Full Version : Castaic Striper Fishing With FFLB,T/O,Fishbones

Fishbones
05-18-2010, 01:04 AM
I hit up castaic with my friend johnny "FishermanFromLongBeach" on a mission to get
him hooked up with his first striper. We met up at castaic around 530am with Bob
"TroutOnly" and launched the boat to beautiful weather and good conditions.
we dropped the gear down and started the troll with the umbrellas and quickly were
rewarded with some fresh striper action. The mission was a success and Johnny FFLB was on,
http://i354.photobucket.com/albums/r428/AROCK1_photos/IMG_0342.jpg
http://i354.photobucket.com/albums/r428/AROCK1_photos/IMG_0339.jpg
http://i354.photobucket.com/albums/r428/AROCK1_photos/IMG_0338.jpg
http://i354.photobucket.com/albums/r428/AROCK1_photos/IMG_0340.jpg
the fish put up a fight but in the end lost its battle and was boated for his first ever
congrats bro!! We continued our pick or the linesides on the troll and eventually ended
up at the bouyline. This is where the action started, as we pulled up to the only open
spot by the bouyline we cruise over and find our selves between Garyfeelthesteel,
Breeze71 on the left and Geordybass,NoHoArt on the right.
http://i354.photobucket.com/albums/r428/AROCK1_photos/IMG_0344.jpg
http://i354.photobucket.com/albums/r428/AROCK1_photos/IMG_0343.jpg
At this time me and bob had to make a decision if we would park with the rest of the
circus or continue the troll. We decided to park and anchor, bad decision....o man did
the B.S start to fly...thank god i was in a boat cuz it was so deep...LoL Ive never
laughed so hard fishing before in my life, those guys are crazy and funny as heck.
Thru all this fun and games there was a steady pick of stripers
http://i354.photobucket.com/albums/r428/AROCK1_photos/IMG_0345.jpg
http://i354.photobucket.com/albums/r428/AROCK1_photos/IMG_0346.jpg
http://i354.photobucket.com/albums/r428/AROCK1_photos/IMG_0347.jpg
and a wide open comedy show going on. Including a boat that had sme loud music
playing, i remember during the day a high gust of wind blew lifting a huge umbrella off
a boat and into the water and one of the fisherman dove into the water to rescue it
meanwhile the Knightrider theme song was blasting from the boat, OMG one of the
funniest things ive ever seen...it almost seemed like a universial studios show...
.all it was missing was the fireworks...lol...after a long day of striper slaying and smack
slinging we called it a day for the Moonlight guys to tear it up, i would have stayed but i
had work....sure wish i could made it. Thanks again to Bob TroutOnly for a great guide trip
and getting my buddy Johnny "FishermanFromLongBeach" hooked up on his first striper...
congrats again bro...Gary,Hiro,Geordy,Art...it was a pleasure to meet you guy and a blast
Laughing it up..Till next time.......Fishbones

Zach1093
05-18-2010, 01:49 AM
Congrats on the first striper! Still looking for mine! Looks like you guys had a great and funny trip. Castaic sure looks like the place to be.

Troutman65
05-18-2010, 02:37 AM
Johnny , Congrats on your first Linesides !!! :Cool: Nice report Fishbones :Cool:

fisherman from long beach
05-18-2010, 04:30 AM
i had a great time out there,finally gettin my first striper and meetin some fnn'ers.i wish the fishing was a bit better but still the laughs and the jokes flying around were priceless.alex thanks for the invite,and bob (t/o) has the stripers zeroed in on.very much a smart fisherman.thanks again alex ,and thanks bob for the boat ride.lots of fun.

trail blazer
05-18-2010, 07:06 AM
CONGRATS to all,,,,,,,,,,,,GREAT report,,,niceeeeeeeeeee

Wish i could have been there,,looks like great times!!

TRAIL BLAZER

lalo56
05-18-2010, 07:11 AM
Congrats FFLB for your first striped bass. Thanks for the report Alex. Saturday was a nice day out.

CAPT'N
05-18-2010, 07:51 AM
Congrats FFLB on your first Lineside.

Alex-sounds like you guys had a nice day.

The smack talk is the best. Hiro and Gary are true aficionados, and masters of smack talk!

Time to his Pyramid

Capt'n

Shock
05-18-2010, 09:11 AM
Yeah, Congrats to FFLB on his first Lineside. Looks like you had a great time out there?

Nice!!!

How many did you guys pick off on the troll?

NoHo ART
05-18-2010, 09:42 AM
grate report bro.
it was nice to meet you and fflb...
the smack talk will never stop its just going to change locations soon its gonna be smack talk around boils:ROFL:

gletemfeelsteelgary
05-18-2010, 11:28 AM
Way ta go guys, good meeting you both, I’m sure fishing will never be the same after that day : )

Ha ha ha ha

Congrats on the 1st striper catch FFLB, it was a fun day.

join in the smack talk….I promise, mo’ smack fun…. the more fish you’ll catch…plus, fishin’s meant to be fun and one cannot deny we were having our fun out there ! : )

Dada a dad a dada dada Dada a dad a dada dada (theme from night rider)
They ended playing several more after you guys left
(the theme from that helicopter show-I forget the title-but it’s Hiro’s favorite !)
Ha ha ha

Congrats on all the catches, it was a slow pick but somewhat steady pick, the night was much easier to get them to bite but we all got multiple fish so who’s to complain, any trip where NO ONE get’s a skunk is a good trip.

Uncle Bob, thanks for the Lure, I will slay a big Toad at San Antonio on it just for you !
Alaway’s a pleasure Bob but if you think your keeping my pro pack of #1 owner hooks you got another thing coming….I left it in your boat from pyramid last time…

There about 100 hooks in that pouch…..bet you were wondering where that came from huh ?

Anyway’s, good times….good time’s

the “spooning” smack was great ! too funny….

Lighting the candles and burning the essential oils was the name of the game, I wonder if you guys actually left to go home after you left us or if you went to warm up for the “Spoonlight !” event !

Ha ha ha ha…

LMAO !

Congrats on the feesh guys !
Gary

GeordyBass
05-18-2010, 12:29 PM
Nice meeting ya FFLB and Alexa! You guys are some cool cats! U chose the right guide kiids old man bob kicks butt!

fishinone
05-18-2010, 12:30 PM
Great report fishbones,

Congrats on the your first striper FFLB, you got to fish in some great company your first time out.

fishinone

Marine_Michael
05-18-2010, 12:51 PM
Great report and congrats on the first striper.

Fishbones
05-19-2010, 01:21 AM
Congrats on the first striper! Still looking for mine! Looks like you guys had a great and funny trip. Castaic sure looks like the place to be.

thanks zach, castaic is the place to be when the stripers go topwater crazy....anytime now bro....anytime now!!!

Johnny , Congrats on your first Linesides !!! :Cool: Nice report Fishbones :Cool:

Thanks troutman65,

i had a great time out there,finally gettin my first striper and meetin some fnn'ers.i wish the fishing was a bit better but still the laughs and the jokes flying around were priceless.alex thanks for the invite,and bob (t/o) has the stripers zeroed in on.very much a smart fisherman.thanks again alex ,and thanks bob for the boat ride.lots of fun.

glad to have fish with you again and good to see you hooked up to your fiest striper, congrats again bro. see you soon!!

CONGRATS to all,,,,,,,,,,,,GREAT report,,,niceeeeeeeeeee

Wish i could have been there,,looks like great times!!

TRAIL BLAZER

Thanks TB, sure wish i had a big boat for all my friends to fish at once..

Congrats FFLB for your first striped bass. Thanks for the report Alex. Saturday was a nice day out.

Hey eddie, we gotta fish it up soon bro!!

Congrats FFLB on your first Lineside.

Alex-sounds like you guys had a nice day.

The smack talk is the best. Hiro and Gary are true aficionados, and masters of smack talk!

Time to his Pyramid

Capt'n

Striper fishing + smack talk + great day...

we gotta hit the mid up soon there scott,

Yeah, Congrats to FFLB on his first Lineside. Looks like you had a great time out there?

Nice!!!

How many did you guys pick off on the troll?

thanks shock, the troll bite was pretty steady only because bob has that lake dialed in like a pro!!

grate report bro.
it was nice to meet you and fflb...
the smack talk will never stop its just going to change locations soon its gonna be smack talk around boils:ROFL:

Good fishin,talkin b.s with ya NoHo, for sure, alot of laughs....cant wait for the topwater season...

Way ta go guys, good meeting you both, I’m sure fishing will never be the same after that day : )

Ha ha ha ha

Congrats on the 1st striper catch FFLB, it was a fun day.

join in the smack talk….I promise, mo’ smack fun…. the more fish you’ll catch…plus, fishin’s meant to be fun and one cannot deny we were having our fun out there ! : )

Dada a dad a dada dada Dada a dad a dada dada (theme from night rider)
They ended playing several more after you guys left
(the theme from that helicopter show-I forget the title-but it’s Hiro’s favorite !)
Ha ha ha

Congrats on all the catches, it was a slow pick but somewhat steady pick, the night was much easier to get them to bite but we all got multiple fish so who’s to complain, any trip where NO ONE get’s a skunk is a good trip.

Uncle Bob, thanks for the Lure, I will slay a big Toad at San Antonio on it just for you !
Alaway’s a pleasure Bob but if you think your keeping my pro pack of #1 owner hooks you got another thing coming….I left it in your boat from pyramid last time…

There about 100 hooks in that pouch…..bet you were wondering where that came from huh ?

Anyway’s, good times….good time’s

the “spooning” smack was great ! too funny….

Lighting the candles and burning the essential oils was the name of the game, I wonder if you guys actually left to go home after you left us or if you went to warm up for the “Spoonlight !” event !

Ha ha ha ha…

LMAO !

Congrats on the feesh guys !
Gary

great shooting the shad with ya gary....you crazy,,,lol. funny as a mofo to!~!

the smack talk made it for me ....good old fashion funny talk....whatta a day...for sure..

aw man now everytime i hear the knightrider theme song i will always remember that day...lol

now that i think about it....im glad i didnt stay for spoonlight striper madness.....

thank heaven it was dark and most pics didnt come out..

see ya on the water gary...

Nice meeting ya FFLB and Alexa! You guys are some cool cats! U chose the right guide kiids old man bob kicks butt!

good fishing with ya geordy...yeah, bob got castaic on lock.....keep the disco swimbait at home next time...

Great report fishbones,

Congrats on the your first striper FFLB, you got to fish in some great company your first time out.

fishinone

Hey Ron, man it felt good to get FFLB hooked up on his first...

we gotta fish soon man!!

Great report and congrats on the first striper.

thanks michael,

marzocchi
05-19-2010, 01:39 AM
Looks like you guys had a great time out there! I need to get out there soon.

E.A.R.G.
05-19-2010, 02:39 AM
right on bro!!!!!!
by the way i tried that striper
DELICIOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

my spell check keeps wanting to change striper to stripper.
it'd be terrible if my girl .. or anyone for that matter read me say... " by the way I tried that stripper... DELICIOUS!!!" lol

stphnman20
05-19-2010, 07:56 AM
Awesome report man! Thx for sharing!

NoHo ART
05-19-2010, 07:32 PM
nothing wrong with a some fish tacos! tomato to-mato lol we wont judge:ROFL:

BrandonFish
05-19-2010, 07:53 PM
another killer time at castaic! congrats on your first striper and on the troll fflb :Envious:

fisherman from long beach
05-20-2010, 07:49 AM
thanks brandonfish,it was a blast.great company.

Hitts0n
05-21-2010, 04:47 AM
The bouy line booty bashers has done it again !! Kill them off !! C0ngrats !!