PDA

View Full Version : Lake Isabella, in float tubes, 5/16

fishinone
05-17-2010, 11:20 AM
Three of us went float tubing at Lake Isabella on Sunday. This was my first time in a float tube. I like it, very relaxing.

We started off at the rock point near the North Fork Marina. Fishing streamers and marabou jigs for crappie. We picked up a few crappie to about half a pound. Doug got a trout on a streamer and a 10 or eleven crappie. Ron picked up a couple crappie then took off across the cove looking for trout. I think I caught nine crappie on marabou jigs. First thing in the morning we picked them up right near the rocks then the bite stopped and we moved off shore and got them out there.

We only fished the crappie for a couple hours then went up the lake and fished the delta above the pelicans for trout. Doug got a 16" rainbow and I got a 10" one. We were on our way home by 3:00 pm.

Man am I tired, I went white water rafting the day before.

Sorry no pics I left the phone in the car because I didn't know what to expect tubing for the first time.

Thank you "fishin magician" for the good info on where the crappie bite was. You put us on the fish.

fishinone.

Fishin Magician
05-17-2010, 12:24 PM
Glad to help. I wish I wasn't busy or I would loved to fish with you. Call any time for more info when you are up. A days notice and I can probably fish with you.

Fishbones
05-17-2010, 12:35 PM
congrats ron, id love to join you next time....we gotta fish bro..

BrandonFish
05-17-2010, 07:02 PM
tubed your first time! it is s uper fun imo congrats on your fish catchings in the tube!

M@M
05-17-2010, 07:17 PM
GOOD TIMES!..... Whitewater rafting and fishing, does it get any better then that???.... Life is good!!

fishinone
05-18-2010, 11:30 AM
congrats ron, id love to join you next time....we gotta fish bro..

Thanks, Yea, we have to get together with Bong but I'm booked up between work and fishing untill the middle of June.

tubed your first time! it is s uper fun imo congrats on your fish catchings in the tube!

Thank you, What an expensive hobby fishing is. I was in a borrowed tube, now I want to get one.

GOOD TIMES!..... Whitewater rafting and fishing, does it get any better then that???.... Life is good!!

Oh yea, life is good. I didn't report it before but I caught one little trout at lunch on Saturday between rafting runs, I only fished for 10 minutes.

Marine_Michael
05-18-2010, 12:53 PM
Great report, but where are the pics?

fishinone
05-18-2010, 03:49 PM
Great report, but where are the pics?

I knew that you guys would want pics but left the blackberry on shore anyway. I'll have to get a cheap waterproof digital camera.

Are you sure that you want pictures of 1/2 lb crappie?