PDA

View Full Version : Castaic Lagoon 5/15

FishinElectrician
05-17-2010, 09:57 AM
Hit up Castaic Lagoon this past Saturday to try out my new Solo Bass Hunter. It started out great, but eventually the battery died, so I was confined to the shoreline the rest of the day.

The fishing was pretty good on both sides of the lagoon, with fish hitting in 5 to 15 feet of water. Baits I used were a 4" drop shot Roboworm in Smoke/Purple Neon, Robo X Pitchin Kraw in Aaron's Magic, and a Lucky Craft Rick Clunn shallow crank in Citrus Sexy color. All baits produced a fish, but the hot bait was the Pitchin Kraw, for sure.

I was also lookin for the hot panfish bite I'd been readin about, but couldnt find em. Anyone got any solid Panfish spot on the 'Goon??? PM me wit some info, please!

*edit* I am tryin to post my pictures, but for some reason I am being blocked from doing so.

FishinElectrician
05-17-2010, 10:10 AM
Here they are! Enjoy!

LuvThymetal
05-17-2010, 10:26 PM
congrats on all the nice bass you caught, great job.

FishinElectrician
05-19-2010, 05:18 PM
Thanks bro. I think I did pretty good. I cant wait to go back, but this time with the right battery for the job!

It sucks no one was willing to give me the scoop on the crappie spots on the lagoon, tho! Oh well...:Big Grin:

phantom 34
05-19-2010, 08:54 PM
way go out there!great job.

LuvThymetal
05-20-2010, 05:27 PM
Thanks bro. I think I did pretty good. I cant wait to go back, but this time with the right battery for the job!

It sucks no one was willing to give me the scoop on the crappie spots on the lagoon, tho! Oh well...:Big Grin:

Np, let me know the next time your going i want to go to the goon again =]

Liteweight
05-20-2010, 06:07 PM

I realize this is a little late but, the last I heard the Crappie were on the east side near the fishing pier hitting mini-jigs and some small bass cranks. Usually most people I know fish the shore in the S/W cove near the private dock for the most consistant bite.
But nice job on the bass. A back injury has been keeping me from what I would say is the best spring 'goon fishing I've ever seen since I moveed up here back in 1978-79.
LW.

FishinElectrician
05-20-2010, 08:25 PM
I realize this is a little late but, the last I heard the Crappie were on the east side near the fishing pier hitting mini-jigs and some small bass cranks. Usually most people I know fish the shore in the S/W cove near the private dock for the most consistant bite.
But nice job on the bass. A back injury has been keeping me from what I would say is the best spring 'goon fishing I've ever seen since I moveed up here back in 1978-79.
LW.Thanks for the tip on the crappie, bro! I kinda figured that private dock was a good spot, but I couldnt stop fishin for Bass!:LOL:

Sorry to hear bout your back, especially knowing that its keepin you away from such a hot bass bite!