PDA

View Full Version : Castaic Lake 5-15-2010 report and flame

dalean08
05-17-2010, 04:55 AM
Had a Tourney 5-15-2010 my partner and I turned in 4 fish at 7.86 took 5th but took big fish!! Here is the link for the results and pics http://wascobassclub.com/Tournament_Results.html

Ok on to the flame part.
1. Tried to pre fish 5-8-2010 backed down to the ramp and was told no more boats in the water too windy. I said ok we will just get our money back $24 flipping dollars to get in the place and be on our way! nope sorry no refunds? wtf? raincheck since we are coming down next saturday? nope we just wont vote this lake in again!!!
2. With the bass on beds why is the water at such a low level? all the snow pack,rainfall etc and the lake level is that low? WTF?

Nessie Hunter
05-17-2010, 08:44 AM
With the bass on beds why is the water at such a low level? all the snow pack,rainfall etc and the lake level is that low? WTF?

Good job on placing and getting BIG FISH WIN!!!!

From what I understand (I could be wrong & I'm sure I will get corrected if I am)..

The water from the Aqueduct going into the MWD impounds (Lakes) is all that they are 'allowed' to hold.
They have to calculate the run off (rain & snow melt) and release that to the local aquifer.

So, any rain or melt is released to perk into local water tables & maintain a natural state of ground water..
All that is allowed in the Impounds (lakes) is Aqueduct water....