PDA

View Full Version : Fishing Castaic 5/15

fishing
05-17-2010, 12:05 AM
I fished from shore for a few hours. The stripers nibbled almost the entire time, but wouldn't commit to a full bite. I caught 2 that were hungry enough to bite. The rest would bump my bait or bite and spit. All in all, a fun and relaxing day. I can't wait to get out there again.

Here is one photo. I may try and add more from my camera later.

Edit: Forgot to mention I threw a sammy topwater in the the morning, no bite. A bird came out of no where and decided to take a bite, as he came down I said, "oh, sh!#@$." I couldn't reel fast enough, so he got hooked. I was able to unhook him after about 10 minutes.

koifish
05-17-2010, 06:26 AM
Nice fishes.... I also got lots of bumps and bites on the bait but did not hook the other night. Thanks for report

stphnman20
05-17-2010, 08:12 AM
Their getting smart! lol

Good catch man.

KID-FISH
05-17-2010, 08:25 AM
I know how frustrating that is, nice job getting a couple to stick. Sometimes those stripers are sneaky, keep at it and keep fishing!

Good luck.

KID

fishing
05-19-2010, 04:15 AM
Nice fishes.... I also got lots of bumps and bites on the bait but did not hook the other night. Thanks for report

I didn't realize it was a moonlight fishing night. I may try to make the next event. Hope moonlight fishing is good from shore.

Their getting smart! lol

Good catch man.

Thanks. Yeah, they are pretty smart. I've had days where they steal my bait all day and no hookups. Tried everything, loose drag, tight drag, c-rig, different bait. No matter what, they kept stealing. Funny thing is that a week before, I would get a hookup with almost every bite using the same setups and techniques.

I know how frustrating that is, nice job getting a couple to stick. Sometimes those stripers are sneaky, keep at it and keep fishing!

Good luck.

KID

Thanks Kid-Fish. I'll get them again soon.