PDA

View Full Version : Lake Isabella 5/15/2010

astrovizion
05-16-2010, 10:26 PM
Finally had time to get away from work, the wife and kid to go on my first fishing and a little camping trip of the year. We decided to hit up the crappie bit at lake Isabella, since reading the fishing magician post from 5/13/2010. Arrived at the lake on Friday nite and set up camp at the French Gulch Campground. Woke up to a beautiful morning, from a sleepness nite of being excited from fishing syndrome. Walked down to French Gulch marina, and on the first cast and first cranked for the year of 2010 I managed to catch a 19 inch trout. Thought the morning was going to be awesome with a following third cast to a decent size crappie on the red and yellow tailed crappie jig, but the bit really tapered of after the 5th crappie, then I switched to bass fishing on the senko for nothing. Went back to camp to switch on the shorts and t-shirts since 7:30 was already getting hot, then headed to town to the fishing shop and Mc D's for breakfeast. Drove up and down The main street to find out that there was no longer a bait shop in town, what a bummer, no minnows and relaxing. Headed to a hidden spot (sorry cant give this spot away since the locals said that it's been really good and not much people know about this area) but we only managed to get about 11 crappies in this area. At about 11:00 decided to head back to camp to break down our tents since checkout time was 2:00, and managed to take a little nap. Woke up and headed to the Kern river for the trout bit, but found out that the river was to rough and to fast for any kind of trout fishing so we headed to Kassack Cove for the crappie bit. Arrived to Kassack Cove and joined everyone else fishing for crappie. My brother managed 4 while I walked the whole point almost to Paradise cove for nothing, then we skipped back to the secret spot and managed 4 more for a total of 25 crappies for the day between the 3 of us. All and all it was a very nice weekend to be up at Lake Isabella and fishing, the wind did not pick up until about 3:00 and it was not a very heavy wind, more like a cool breeze. Temperature was around 80 degree's, but very nice. All the people that I fished around said that the crappie bit has died down, but for anyone that wants to join the venture, the bit is slow with bobber's and fishing about 10 to 15 feet deep. Good luck and enjoy the picture's, hopefully I can find more time this season to join the great outdoors with my second job that I have now.

Sorry not allot of action photo's since all pictures was taken from my Iphone.

Zach1093
05-16-2010, 11:40 PM
That looks like a fun and relaxing trip man. Nice catch to.

SNEAKS
05-17-2010, 12:42 AM
Nice crappie fishing. I hope the bass and crappie bite are on when Im there July 4th weekend.

KID-FISH
05-17-2010, 08:34 AM
That's a good trip - fishing, camping, and relaxing. Nice job getting on the fish, those crappie are really biting out there, gotta get out there sometime.

Thanks for the report.

KID

Fishin Magician
05-17-2010, 01:10 PM
Sounds like a good weekend. I expect the bite to last a while as the fish are just starting to spawn. Good times with the family. Priceless