PDA

View Full Version : Bbl 5-16

CL SmooV
05-16-2010, 09:04 PM
This story began 2 weeks ago when my wife and I went to BPS for some fishing gear. Me, ive been fishing since 3, the wife, not the outdoors type and just started trying fishing. While looking at baitcasters she says, " oh! i want this fishing pole". the pole: one of those purple rod/reel combo set ups. i of course bought it for her cause this meant more fishing trips.

Now, last monday she says lets go up to big bear for the weekend, we can relax, shop, and FISH she says. 10 minutes later I found a nice place not too far from the village. I havent been to BBL since the mid 80's when they allowed folks to ice fish. My dad and i had fun times back then. I wasnt too thrilled about the fishing though because minimal bass bites and especially after learning that there would be a trout tourny there.

We hit the lake around noon, I set her purple pole up for the trout along with 2 other poles. PB of course. while she waited for bites I roamed and casted for bassy. water was still very cold of course, but i was fortunate to catch one. a small pounder on a 1/4 ounce spinner. double blade. tossed him back. no pic.

Then, i hear those classic words from the wife, " babe fish is on". I dash back to our section only to see her purple pole getting DDT'd by a big trout. Shes doing her best to handle it but she grew nervous and passed the pole i nicknamed "Purple Rain" to me. Wow! it was big, and a fighter. Long story short, Purple Rain ended up getting broken in half during the fight, and came of the hook somehow!

Now I rarely fish for trout, but after mr. trout broke my wifes pole and made her sad over Purple Rains demise, I took it personal, put down my bass set up and went after mr. trout. My wife then said: what do we do with the broken pole, and I tell her, " we burn it like luke did his father in return of the jedi". she said huh? LOL.

So, bout an hour of waiting for mr. trout, i get some revenge and i finally hook up.

monster!

revenge was sweet. told the wife i would not get her another Purple Rain pole and id giver her a more durable one i have @ home. balance was restored.

CL

a321eric
05-16-2010, 09:15 PM
way to go back out and redeem the broken pole. That was a really nice trout! holdover for sure

old pudd fisher
05-16-2010, 09:28 PM
Nice story I can't believe her rod broke wow but its something to talk about. Nice fish.

Troutman65
05-16-2010, 11:24 PM
I know that spot you fished at . To bad about your wife's fishing rod. Guess its time to get her another one . Thanks for the post

SNEAKS
05-16-2010, 11:31 PM
Nice trout.

fishing
05-16-2010, 11:54 PM
wow, that's a huge trout. what was the weight?

CL SmooV
05-17-2010, 12:07 PM
wow, that's a huge trout. what was the weight?

ummm, didnt weigh it but i measured it in @ 18 and a quarter. 7 - 8 lbs maybe i would guesstimate ? . ?

lalo56
05-17-2010, 12:25 PM
Nice trout you got there. Enjoyed reading. Thanks.

billy b
05-17-2010, 03:55 PM
Nice trout you got there. Enjoyed reading. Thanks.

GREAT FISH

Congrats ... and sorry about the rod. Maybe if you show them the pic at the store they'll give you a break on the replacement? Can't hurt to ask.

Thanks CL

diamondbear
05-17-2010, 07:35 PM
GREAT POST , NICE FISH. Kinda makes it all worth while . Thats a good spot for trout , the evening bite there is the best .

JAG107
05-18-2010, 04:32 PM
Wow really nice fish! How tight was your drag on your broken pole???

fishinone
05-18-2010, 04:53 PM
That looks like a nice fish.

The one that got away sounds OK too.

You should take that pole back to the store. they should replace it.

Zach1093
05-18-2010, 04:57 PM
Nice sized trout man, awesome!

Mrborohachi
05-18-2010, 05:06 PM
Take the pole back to BPS they will warranty it out for you. Just ask for Harry or Eric

CL SmooV
05-18-2010, 08:22 PM
Wow really nice fish! How tight was your drag on your broken pole???

. . . you know it was set kinda high until my wife handed the pole to me, then i adjusted it immediately after i felt the weight of the fish. that thing must have been a monster. i still feel the weight of that fish on my hands.

CL SmooV
05-18-2010, 08:23 PM
Take the pole back to BPS they will warranty it out for you. Just ask for Harry or Eric

thanks! will do...