PDA

View Full Version : WOW Lagoon BABY!!! WOW!!!

SND
05-16-2010, 06:31 PM
My buddy Rob and I met up at 6.30 for som etubing...turned out to be an INSANE day.
16 fish total, and only TWO were under 3 lbs (2.8 and 2.4)
LOST A DOUBLE DIGIT today (URRRGH)
biggest fish was 6.8lbs

The MEGA LOSS for the day was right towards the end...had a few spectators too (3 people 2 on a boat and RoB)...I got this baby to go and foul hooked it...saw my jig on the outside of her mouth but tried my best to land this baby! She RAN HARD and deep...faught it for about 2-3 minutes. It surfaced and came out of the water like a friggin hump back whale and spit my jib right in my face....UURRGGGHHH.. Got to see her out of the water. she was a GREAT double digit...I will have to catch her tomorrow (and land it this time)...side-note...always good to have witnesses...sounds alot less like a FISH STORY that way :)

my big 5 weighed in at 19.8 and Rob's came in at 14.9
Rob caught the most BEAUTIFUL spotted bas I've ever seen...wait till you see the pics of this thing...
DEAD CALM water till 11 am a HOT BITE, LARGE model fish, adn a great 5 hours on the water.
baits that caught fish:
1. 3/8 oz finesse jig black with green and orange flake with green pumpkin trailer
2. white zipper (a few bed fish today)
3. 5" senkos
4. had one take a stab at my chatterbait too!

captain skunked again
05-16-2010, 07:22 PM
lol i think i was there it was on the shartruse( thats probably not how you spell that). lol you were so pissed but i remember i saw the bendo on the one that got away than a minute later you were on the phone i bet you were tellin somebody what an awesome fish you just lost lol... you should definetely go back and catch that hog!!!

BIGBASS MB
05-16-2010, 08:58 PM
This looks like its as GOOD as it GETS tubin @ the Goon...
way to go
Thats an Awesom Day...

dockboy
05-16-2010, 10:36 PM
nice day out on the water. good job on the fish. looks like the bite on the goon is really starting to roll
hoefully that "spotted bass" is a largie with a more spotted pattern than normal. pray its not a spot. if it is, the lagoon may go downhill quick.

LuvThymetal
05-17-2010, 10:31 PM
Great job out there with the nice size bass!!!!

Fire Ball
05-21-2010, 09:34 AM
Nice slay, SND! The Lagoon has been on fire lately!

Marine_Michael
05-21-2010, 11:24 AM
Nice looking fish!

cjcates007
05-21-2010, 03:37 PM
Are we allowed to put motorized boats on the lake, and only run the electric trolling motor? Is there a boat launch there at the Goon? Thanks.

dockboy
05-22-2010, 12:30 AM
Motorized boats are allowed with electric power only. You have to either trim the motor up (if you have an electric motor jack), or you have to manually lift it and keep it in the upright position out of the water. They will allow you to use your outboard to get the boat on and off the trailer, but once its launched you must use electric.

Zach1093
05-22-2010, 01:11 AM
That sure looks like a fun and relaxing day. Sorry to hear about the lost giant, but shes still waitin for yuh

marzocchi
05-22-2010, 03:52 AM
That looks some excellent fishing. Good job.