PDA

View Full Version : Capt'n and Capt'n fish Castaic Moonlight

CAPT'N
05-16-2010, 11:16 AM
Fished the first Moonlight at Castaic with Captain Castaic on his boat last night.

Saw many FNN'rs there, Shock, Breeze, Garyfellthyself, Khan, and many many others.

We headed over to the BL and started fishing. By 10 PM we had each caught well over 10 fish each, and were only keeping the better grade. The bite was wide open until 10PM. Literally one fish per cast! As time went on, the BL shifted, and we went from 90' to 40', so we moved into 120' of water, and the slay continued.

We could not get a second rod bated, before we were on fish, it was sick! I was releasing fish that I would have normally kept, 2-3 lbr were released.

Do not have many pictures, as there was no time for pics:
Start of a beautiful evening
http://i299.photobucket.com/albums/mm302/schiffmans/DSCN1314.jpg

And so it begins
http://i299.photobucket.com/albums/mm302/schiffmans/DSCN1315.jpg

Required cooler shot:
http://i299.photobucket.com/albums/mm302/schiffmans/DSCN1319.jpg

Serious case of Striper thumb ;-)
http://i299.photobucket.com/albums/mm302/schiffmans/DSCN1328.jpg

Had 2 causalities though, John broke his Crucial on a wild hookset, while fighting a large striper on another rod.

I lost a 5-6 lbr off the deck of the boat while dealing with a double hookup.Bonehead move.

All in all a great night.

Brought home limits for both of us, and caught well over 40 fish in total.

Thanks John for having me on your boat.

A special thanks to SHOCK, the bait was our ticket to an E-Ride!

Capt'n

Fishthewhaler
05-16-2010, 02:31 PM
Sounds like a moonlight events are biting as usual. I was planning on taking out the whaler a 2 friends but had to cancel due to prior work commitments..Damn!
How crowded was the BL? Parking lot?
Did you use lights or killed em in the dark?
FTW

marzocchi
05-16-2010, 02:45 PM
That must have been epic! I wanted to head out there after fishing in the morning, but I am not as young and nimble anymore.

Fishbones
05-16-2010, 03:14 PM
I fished the A.m bite but had to leave for work, sounds like a crazy time as expected...

damn sure wish i could have stayed for the slayage, good job Capt'Nx2's

CRESTLINER16
05-16-2010, 04:54 PM
Sounds like too much fun! thanks for the report.

FINSMACKDOWN
05-16-2010, 06:26 PM
great job out there Scott. what a great night! thanks for letting us slide in there, Khanh ,Rob and I finished somewhere near fifty..,,, fun time and nice to see ya out there

CAPT'N
05-16-2010, 09:01 PM
Pics added................

-bass-o-matic-
05-16-2010, 09:32 PM
its always good when ur thumb looks like that!! ha.. good job guys!!

Shock
05-17-2010, 08:32 AM
Hey Scott,

It was a great night out there!!! Those dines did the trick... Man I still had a full bag left when we were done!! We should have moved closer to the spot you guys were at but we still had a consistent bite the entire evening.....

See ya on the water!!!!

TroutOnly
05-17-2010, 09:19 AM
LOOKS LIKE THE NIGHT FISHING IS GOING A WHOLE LOT BETTER THAN LAST YEAR,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,t/o.,,,,,,,,,,,

gletemfeelsteelgary
05-17-2010, 10:40 AM
GLAD YOU GOT SOME FEESH....

Nice ta see (or hear from ) you guys....

Congrats on the keels !

BUT...

You sure ran off fast for that slamom after about 10:30 or so....

Were the 2 Captains Spooning in the honeymoon cove ????

I heard there could of been a "Spoonlight event" going on over there...

How did you 2 do there ? or did you fish ?

Ahhhh ha ha ha..

Nice job Guys..

Congrats,
Gary

LOOKS LIKE THE NIGHT FISHING IS GOING A WHOLE LOT BETTER THAN LAST YEAR,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,t/o.,,,,,,,,,,,
Yeah Bob, I had a great feeling about the night bite this year since the shad aren't in adundance right now....

I think we'll see the night bites flourish till the shad population comes on strong..

Last years night bite was very weak ...looks to be promising this year !

kpn
05-17-2010, 04:15 PM
Nice job Scott!
Thanks for let us poaching your spot :Envious:. I have a question for you....Since there are 2 Cap'tn on a boat.....Who was the captn that night??? :LOL:.
We have so much fun at night fishing.

KPN.

Captain Castaic
05-17-2010, 06:04 PM
Nice job Scott!
Thanks for let us poaching your spot :Envious:. I have a question for you....Since there are 2 Cap'tn on a boat.....Who was the captn that night??? :LOL:.
We have so much fun at night fishing.

KPN.

Khan......there truly is only one CAPTAIN.....CAPTAIN CASTAIC!!! LOL Hope you guys did well at my ol spot....I didnt like the depth that the line swung into ...had to move...and it paid off well. all our fish we caught after we moved were larger models so we were happy!!!
Nice seeing all you guys....CC- ZLF

CAPT'N
05-17-2010, 06:54 PM
Captain Castaic = Poser !

M@M
05-17-2010, 07:37 PM
Good times!

Native Gal
05-17-2010, 09:29 PM
How can you go wrong with two CAPT'Ns? Now that is some Killer Slaying, awesome #'s, throwing back 2-3 lbers, SWEEET!!!!

Congrats to both of ya CAPT'Ns, awesome report.

NG

CAPT'N
05-18-2010, 07:59 AM
Khan,

since it was John's boat, I was relegated to co-Capt'n. Yes it was fun on the lake. Can not wait for the next one!

Gary,

it was all that moaning and groaning coming from your boat.............

Someone said something about a bent rod, but you were not fishing???

Dam I miss the smack talk!

Capt'n

fishinone
05-18-2010, 02:01 PM
Nice slay Caps.

A fish a cast on a nice grade sounds like fun.

gletemfeelsteelgary
05-18-2010, 02:57 PM
Khan,

Dam I miss the smack talk!

Capt'n
Sheesh guys, when you both tooled off into the nightime oblivion, I did know what to think of it....

You both had fishbowl high heeled boots on to begin with…..

THEN….
I saw John don an afro wig and both of you two captains were sporting and twirling tassles nothing short of an Olympic opening extravaganza !

I didn’t know if it was some sort of pride parade or and opening Olympic segment…

I was torn between the decision to applaud or sink your boat to end everyone else’s suffering ?

I also….saw you both in the distance breaking out sequined jumpsuits…I won’t even ask about those !

I did take a moment to take a photo for your memoirs ! as you both passed by !
http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn284/garywuebben/scottnjohnatmoonlight2.jpg
Maybe you can get the walmart special with Four wallet size, Four 5” x 6” and Two 8” x 10”’s for 24.95 so you can both remember your “boys night out” on the water !

Did you two show your wives the “still-wrapped” fishing rods you’ve been using for the past 5 weekends !...you know, the ones with the price tags still on them !

CAPT'N
05-18-2010, 05:10 PM
To dam funny!

ROFLMAO.........................

Gary, your slipping, I had stilettos on............

Capt'm

gletemfeelsteelgary
05-18-2010, 05:26 PM
To dam funny!

Gary, your slipping, I had stilettos on............

NO !

I beg to differ !

I am reffering to while you wer fishing....

NOT afterwards at the motel no-tell with the Romantic in-room spa (truckers delight !)

CAPT'N
05-18-2010, 05:38 PM
Gary,

I beg to disagree, I always fish with my 9" Stilettos. You on the other hand often find yourself in strange hotel rooms with stripers.

I think at some time in you adolescence, you mixed up stripers with strippers.

Both can be fun, but not always interchangeable.

Capt'n

TroutOnly
05-18-2010, 09:12 PM
thats funny gary but i thought it was gayordy and his fishing partner,,,LOL,,,,,,,,,,

gletemfeelsteelgary
05-19-2010, 02:46 PM
Gary,

I beg to disagree, I always fish with my 9" Stilettos. You on the other hand often find yourself in strange hotel rooms with stripers.

I think at some time in you adolescence, you mixed up stripers with strippers.

Both can be fun, but not always interchangeable.

Capt'n
Naw, I do know the difference from stripers to stripers but both sure can be fun !

BUT....when I'm hangin out part-eeing....NOTHIN' is better than the masked bandits !

http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn284/garywuebben/Bako-buenavistatrip12-6-09Garyan-1.jpg