PDA

View Full Version : Please help; where to fish at palos verdes dam

AQUABOOGIE AKA MADDFISHIN
05-16-2010, 09:51 AM
GREETINGS ALL;
I HAVE BEEN TOLD TO FISH FOR FLATHEADS & STRIPERS AT THE PALOS VERDES DAM. MY QUESTION IS; DO I FISH BEHIND THE DAM TO THE NORTH, OR IN FRONT OF THE DAM TO THE SOUTH? ; ANY OTHER TIPS?. MY TRIP IS IN TWO WEEKS; AFTER WHICH I HOPE TO MAKE A FISHERMANS POST, ALONG WITH PHOTOS. YOUR HELP IS TRULY APPRECIATED. THE MADDFISHERMAN "AQUABOOGIE".:Fishing Hole:

blackberg
05-16-2010, 07:59 PM
The only fishable area is at the spillway south of the dam.
I got skunked there, but they told me to hit the whitewater
-bb

05-17-2010, 12:25 PM
The only fishable area is at the spillway south of the dam.
I got skunked there, but they told me to hit the whitewater
-bb

thanks blackberg; i will fish the areas to the south of the dam; i will be out there all night so i hope i can get some bites and share some photos.:Fishing Catch:

Natural Lefty
05-17-2010, 08:43 PM
I was wondering myself whether people were allowed to fish behind the dam. I have never heard of anyone fishing behind the dam, so I guess not, but this weekend I saw a dirt road leading to that area.

05-18-2010, 05:38 PM
I was wondering myself whether people were allowed to fish behind the dam. I have never heard of anyone fishing behind the dam, so I guess not, but this weekend I saw a dirt road leading to that area.

it appears the front is the only place to fish; and thats cool. i've been veiwing some photos of the area, looks like a good place for some stripes. i'm going to work a few lures and put out a pole for flatheads. thanks for the info. ab

Natural Lefty
05-18-2010, 05:55 PM
Aquaboogie, I hope you get the Bassy stripe, not the Skunky stripe.