PDA

View Full Version : Night fishing at the Lagoon 05-14

SNEAKS
05-15-2010, 06:19 PM
I showed up around 8:30pm for some new moon bass fishing and it was well worth it. After about an hour and a half of changing colors of plastics and spots I finally landed the first monster. It weighed in at 8lb 8oz. The second one was slightly bigger but didnt weigh it due to a dead battery in my scale. Both were caught on a dropshot and with the 6lb line made it a bit tough.

Mr.DieHard
05-15-2010, 08:59 PM
were those caught from shore?

vagabond
05-16-2010, 10:11 AM
very nice toad,good going...

Fishbones
05-16-2010, 10:58 AM
great job on the goon catches, looks like some quality fish.

SNEAKS
05-16-2010, 11:35 AM
were those caught from shore?

Yes they were caught from the shore.

Thanks guys.

The Lagoon has been treating me very well this last week with a 4.7, 5.1, 6.0, 8.8 and a 9+ lb. Oh ya baby.
Im going again on Monday. Its hard for me to want to take my boat out right now with all the good bass Ive been catching from shore due to the spawn so I think I'll stick with whats working right now.

JohnMarino
05-16-2010, 12:13 PM
Great job out there! Makes me want to untag my boat from Lake Casitas LOL What bait did you get it on?

Yes they were caught from the shore.

Thanks guys.

The Lagoon has been treating me very well this last week with a 4.7, 5.1, 6.0, 8.8 and a 9+ lb. Oh ya baby.
Im going again on Monday. Its hard for me to want to take my boat out right now with all the good bass Ive been catching from shore due to the spawn so I think I'll stick with whats working right now.

SNEAKS
05-16-2010, 01:15 PM
Great job out there! Makes me want to untag my boat from Lake Casitas LOL What bait did you get it on?

The 2 monsters were caught on a dropshot with Zoom plastics at night. I like the Zoom plastics for night fishing because the plastic is much denser giving it a deeper color than Roboworms. The rest came on a War Eagle shad colored spinnerbait on Monday afternoon.

If you ever need an extra set of hands on your boat at Casitas let me know LOL

LuvThymetal
05-17-2010, 10:36 PM
Damn dude congrats on the beast fish you caught, amazing.