PDA

View Full Version : Fish recipe from hawaii

elevated
05-15-2010, 10:47 AM
Posted a healthy fish recipe so now I have to balance it out with an unhealthy one, ha.

This is a super common recipe in Hawaii, and people use it for all kinds of fish.

Items needed:
1 medium size fish
lup cheong (Chinese sausage, any asian market will have it)
green onions
oyster sauce
mayonaise
sesame seed oil
large tray or pan
foil

1) Dice lup cheong real fine (up to you how much to use but the more the better). Save some dime sized pieces to top the fish later.

2) Mix the diced lup cheong with mayo (amount depends on how big the fish is to be stuffed), oyster sauce (to taste, I add until the mix is a medium beige color), chopped green onions and little sesame seed oil.

3) Cut slices into the sides of the cleaned fish and fill the slices and body cavity with the mixed items from step #2 and top with the dime sized slices of lup cheong (optional). Easest if you do this in the tray or pan that you plan to bake the fish in. Rub some sesame seed oil on the pan or tray before placing the fish in so it won't stick.

4) Cover with foil, cut a few slits in the foil and bake at medium heat or 350 degrees for about an hour (again bigger fish takes longer). Check by poking a chop stick into the fish, if it goes through easily, its done cooking.

5) You can also wrap the fish in heavy foil and cook over the grill but the grilled fish sometimes tends to fall apart. Either way it tastes pretty good.

Don't salt the fish prior to cooking because the oyster sauce already has enough salt.

enjoy...

Hometown
05-15-2010, 04:52 PM
sounds great now i need a big fat red rock cod
Posted a healthy fish recipe so now I have to balance it out with an unhealthy one, ha.

This is a super common recipe in Hawaii, and people use it for all kinds of fish.

Items needed:
1 medium size fish
lup cheong (Chinese sausage, any asian market will have it)
green onions
oyster sauce
mayonaise
sesame seed oil
large tray or pan
foil

1) Dice lup cheong real fine (up to you how much to use but the more the better). Save some dime sized pieces to top the fish later.

2) Mix the diced lup cheong with mayo (amount depends on how big the fish is to be stuffed), oyster sauce (to taste, I add until the mix is a medium beige color), chopped green onions and little sesame seed oil.

3) Cut slices into the sides of the cleaned fish and fill the slices and body cavity with the mixed items from step #2 and top with the dime sized slices of lup cheong (optional). Easest if you do this in the tray or pan that you plan to bake the fish in. Rub some sesame seed oil on the pan or tray before placing the fish in so it won't stick.

4) Cover with foil, cut a few slits in the foil and bake at medium heat or 350 degrees for about an hour (again bigger fish takes longer). Check by poking a chop stick into the fish, if it goes through easily, its done cooking.

5) You can also wrap the fish in heavy foil and cook over the grill but the grilled fish sometimes tends to fall apart. Either way it tastes pretty good.

Don't salt the fish prior to cooking because the oyster sauce already has enough salt.

enjoy...