PDA

View Full Version : Awesome Day @ The Beach...5/14/10 ( PICS)

murrieta angler
05-14-2010, 09:31 PM
Went to the beach today with the Misses.
Arrived at 10:45 for the outgoing high tide of 3.46. The temp was 68 degrees, almost no wind and no waves.
First fish 15 minutes after I arrived,

http://i977.photobucket.com/albums/ae255/gudgersfishing/Mobile%20Uploads/downsized_0514001139.jpg

Another 15 minutes goes by and I pull in this nice Spot Fin Croaker,

http://i977.photobucket.com/albums/ae255/gudgersfishing/Mobile%20Uploads/downsized_0514001208.jpg

Sorry for the finger shot. I put my sandal, size 12, up to the fish and it was at least 6 inches longer.

About 10 minutes goes by and I pull in a 2 foot Leopard Shark. I ended up catching 4 Leo's in all and didn't take any pics of them.
I did hook up to, at least a 4 1/2 foot Leo, but I farmed it cause my drag was too tight...:mad:

After another 20 minutes I pull this baby to the shore,

http://i977.photobucket.com/albums/ae255/gudgersfishing/Mobile%20Uploads/downsized_0514001312.jpg

It was a great day for the bass!!:Big Grin:

http://i977.photobucket.com/albums/ae255/gudgersfishing/Mobile%20Uploads/downsized_0514001544.jpg

There was 1 more bass, about a 2 pounder, but the picture was erased by mistake...:Confused:

The Finale!!

My 1st legal Halibut from the surf,

http://i977.photobucket.com/albums/ae255/gudgersfishing/P5140256.jpg

http://i977.photobucket.com/albums/ae255/gudgersfishing/P5140255.jpg

http://i977.photobucket.com/albums/ae255/gudgersfishing/P5140254.jpg

It measured 22 1/2 inches.
I forgot that I had a tape measure in my truck....:Embarrassed: In fact I have them in all of them cause I'm in the construction biz and you never know when you will need one.

I was very blessed today to first, spend time with my beautiful wife and 2nd catch all the great fish...:Big Grin:

Hope You All Enjoyed!

May God Bless All of You,
Robert

All Fish Were Realesed...Forgot to post that. 5/15/2010

Fire Ball
05-14-2010, 09:39 PM
Congrats on your first legal hali!!

Native Gal
05-14-2010, 10:39 PM
Sweet!! Congrats on the Hali. You've been pulling in some nice size fish from the surf lately and now the Hali. Way to put the time in to get those nice salties. Thanks for sharing!

NG

Newfishsmell
05-14-2010, 11:06 PM
Very nice , thats the kinda of day we all wish for , and a legal Hali to top it off ... Sweet !

Wingnut
05-14-2010, 11:25 PM
I knew that it was just a matter of time Robert... congrats on your first of MANY legal Flatties. :Big Grin: That is certainly an awesome day in the surf! Nice multi-species surf session, nice! :Envious: Now go back out there and do it again... My plans to go Striper hunting tomorrow fell through... thinking of heading out to the surf somewhere myself. :Wink:

Fishbones
05-15-2010, 12:45 AM
Awesome report Robert, you deserve it bro!!

bones
05-15-2010, 07:13 AM
It doesn't get any better than that. Awesome day Robert!
Congrats on your relationship with your beautiful wife and the multi species day in the surf.That picture of you holding to halibut with the awesome trough in the background is priceless. Your smile says it all. I love troughs like that. They are a serious highway for many species as well as a great spot for a big old flattie to be sitting in.Did you let the flattie go? Just currious.
Sorry about the big leo loss ...... been there done that so now I always try to keep my drag looser on my baitcaster knowing in the back of my mind that my thumb can provide additional drag pressure if needed to turn the fish towards the shore. Did she just come unbuttoned or did she break your line?
You'll get her next time!

murrieta angler
05-15-2010, 08:18 AM
Thank You Fireball.

murrieta angler
05-15-2010, 08:19 AM
Thank You NG,
I enjoy writitng the reports, as long as I don't erase the reports by accident...DOHHHH!

murrieta angler
05-15-2010, 08:20 AM
Thanks NFS,
I told my wife that we would bail at 5:00 and I pulled the hali in at 4:58......WHEW!!

murrieta angler
05-15-2010, 08:23 AM
Hey Arthur,
Thanks for all the positive feed back over the months. I was elated when I felt, "The Tug" and justed hoped it was gonna be a legal.
I hope you do well tomorrow, wherever your journey will take you!
Take care,
Robert

murrieta angler
05-15-2010, 08:24 AM
Thanks Alex,
I like your new avatar. Wasn't that the trip with Jeff?!
Take It Easy Bro,
Robert

murrieta angler
05-15-2010, 08:29 AM
Congrats on your relationship with your beautiful wife and the multi species day in the surf.That picture of you holding to halibut with the awesome trough in the background is priceless. Your smile says it all. I love troughs like that. They are a serious highway for many species as well as a great spot for a big old flattie to be sitting in.Did you let the flattie go? Just currious.
Sorry about the big leo loss ...... been there done that so now I always try to keep my drag looser on my baitcaster knowing in the back of my mind that my thumb can provide additional drag pressure if needed to turn the fish towards the shore. Did she just come unbuttoned or did she break your line?

Thanks for the kind words Mike,
You think that trough is nice, the one further out is where I get all the nice fish.
I did let the fish go, all of them. I have yet to keep a fish from the surf. I see no point since I get the better grade on my boat or the cattle boats.
As far as the drag is concerned, I had time to back the drag off but just rushed it in my haste to bring in a nice fish.
I was using a 1/0 hook and it came unbuttoned, right after that I put on a 4/0 in case he was still around...HEHE
Take Care,
Robert

Which Way Out
05-15-2010, 08:50 AM
I need a day like that. A nice mixed bag with a kicker. Sweet

klocked
05-15-2010, 09:17 AM
That's awesome Robert!! Looks like you had a nice day of "catching" fish!!
WTG on the legal halibut too!!

ryryk
05-15-2010, 09:39 AM
Can someone please explain to me where the trough is in the pic like Bones said? I'm not too sure I know what I'm looking for.

Robert congrats on the legal hali and multi species day! Were you playing the bait-n-wait game or tossing some lures?
Thanks for the report!

Jaysuuun
05-15-2010, 12:22 PM
Wow good stuff Robert! I'm likin the chunky bass that you caught. Is that a Calico in the first pic? I can't tell. Congrats on your first legal surf flattie. Well done. :Cool:

murrieta angler
05-15-2010, 05:28 PM
Thanks for the read WWO.

murrieta angler
05-15-2010, 05:29 PM
Thank you John.
It was a great day with the wife. I am still stoked about the legal!

murrieta angler
05-15-2010, 05:33 PM
Hey Ryan,
The trough is that first line of water where the first wave is about to break. Notice how there is standing water, that's cause there is a 2-3 deep trough. I hope that helps.
Also, I have been baiting and waiting lately. If I were by myself I would have been tossing the hardbaits cause I can coulda walked out to the 2nd trough.
Take Care ,
Robert

murrieta angler
05-15-2010, 05:35 PM
Wow good stuff Robert! I'm likin the chunky bass that you caught. Is that a Calico in the first pic? I can't tell. Congrats on your first legal surf flattie. Well done. :Cool:

OK GUYS>>>>You are all gonna find out that I am color blind. I'm pretty sure that it was a Calico, cause it had checkers on it. Also the 2nd one was a Calico also. I'm sure you know the 3rd was a Sandie, as well as the one that was not pictured.
Thanks about the hali.
Robert

Swank909
05-15-2010, 10:41 PM
Grats on the sexy hali! I've yet to catch my legal, but its only a matter of time :P

DockRat
05-16-2010, 06:56 AM
Hey of a catch. WTG
DR

fishshep
05-16-2010, 07:24 AM
Blessed that day indeed!!!
Nice shake and bake Halibut too !!!

murrieta angler
05-16-2010, 07:53 PM
Thanks Swank,
You will get yours real soon, the temps are in the low 60's and it should get even warmer this week.
SO GET OUT THERE!!!!
Robert

murrieta angler
05-16-2010, 07:54 PM
Well Thank You DR!

murrieta angler
05-16-2010, 07:55 PM
INDEED!!!!
Thanks Fishep,
Robert

fisherman from long beach
05-17-2010, 08:10 AM
nice report robert,wtg on your first legal butt.

murrieta angler
05-17-2010, 01:43 PM
Thanks Johnny,
I'm looking forward to getting the bigger models now that I have my first surf legal out of the way!
Take It Easy,
Robert

ezcompany
05-17-2010, 05:41 PM
some quality fish from the surf for sure! good job!

BrandonFish
05-17-2010, 05:50 PM
wow u killed the big bass in the surf and congrats on your first legal hali from the surf

murrieta angler
05-17-2010, 07:01 PM
Thanks ezcompany,
It was a good day!

murrieta angler
05-17-2010, 07:01 PM
Thank You Brandon,
I loved every minute of it.
Robert

flyngby
05-17-2010, 08:54 PM
Robert,

Congrats on what will only be a first for you! Now that you have broken through things should get easier! Ya Right! Don't get dissapointed and keep up the nice reports!

Steve

murrieta angler
05-18-2010, 06:39 PM
Robert,

Congrats on what will only be a first for you! Now that you have broken through things should get easier! Ya Right! Don't get dissapointed and keep up the nice reports!

Steve

LOL..That one really made me laugh out loud Steve...lol
All I can do is get out there and, "IF" the fish chooses to accept my offering, than so shall it be!
Take Care,
Robert