PDA

View Full Version : I'd Rather Be Fishing

worksucks
05-14-2010, 10:53 AM
but of course, I am a slave to the Williams (bills). My father introduced me to fishing as a young boy when he took me out to the rocks in Redondo Beach. He set me up with some bait to bottom fish while he throw out the old feather & bubble to hook up some bonitos.

Since I found out that fishing might be a weekend hobby the wife will enjoy doing with me, I try out freshwater fishing. I've been on the quest for catching my first LMB for a couple of months and have learned so much from reading all the great advice in this forum. The quest was finally over with a 1 hour visit before work to El Dorado yesterday. After 15 minutes of throwing a 3 inch trout colored crankbait, I pulled in one which was about 10 inches. After snapping the picture, it was released. Still working on my cast accuracy because in 2 more cast, one got snagged in the reeds and left behind. I only bring this up because when I get home from solo trips, wife always ask (1) did you catch anything, (2) did you lose any lures? She knows worms are cheaper thats why she is fine with the bait & wait while reading a book.

Fishbones
05-14-2010, 11:03 AM
Welcome to FNN, alot of us started on those rocks too...good times for sure!

Congrats on the eldo bass...too bad bout the lure...but its worth it in my eyes..

Fishbones

Wingnut
05-14-2010, 12:43 PM
Welcome... enjoy the site!

fisherman from long beach
05-14-2010, 01:58 PM
welcome to the site,behind the q mary is where i started and redondo baech was second.

Which Way Out
05-18-2010, 05:24 PM
WWO says Hi and keep in touch with the site. Lots of great info and good people.

Native Gal
05-18-2010, 10:38 PM
Welcome! Will be looking forward to future posts from ya'll, good times to be had here.

NG

AngryAgent
05-18-2010, 10:46 PM
I just have to say that your screen name is one of the top 5 of all time! I love it!

murrieta angler
05-19-2010, 05:00 PM
Welcome to the site Bro!
Nice report and I can relate to the wife asking about the hard baits,,,lol
Take It Easy,
Robert

Thisfool
05-19-2010, 05:48 PM
I just have to say that your screen name is one of the top 5 of all time! I love it!

x2

im at work right now and it sucks

welcome

lngbchfnhnter
05-20-2010, 04:51 PM
Nice! Also have to say redondo and pier j was one of my starting points!.. It's amazing what determination will make you accomplish!!
Have fun on this site!

SierraPeaks
05-20-2010, 05:37 PM
Tell your wife to look at it this way : If a $7.00 lure lasts all day before getting deep sixed...that's a hell of a lot cheaper than spending all day at the bar with the boys.

bman90278
05-24-2010, 05:05 PM
Welcome worksucks, great intro too!

I grew up in the valley and I also did lots of fishing in the King Harbor as a kid in the early 80's. I remember going with my late father and some friends and walking almost the entire breakwater. We caught lots of bonita and used to use a home made popper with a leader and blue and white feather setup. I still have one of the original lures and poppers.
Just recently I went to El Dorado with my wife and kids for the first time to catch some trout.

Enjoy the site and please be sure to post some reports too.

Brian
Redondo Beach, CA

Fisherman57
06-02-2010, 08:56 AM
Man, I remember fishing off the rocks at Redondo harbor with "splasher" rigs for the bonies........ good times!
The barge was also a favorite of mine......

Welcome!

Dana