PDA

View Full Version : Balbao Park?

LuvThymetal
05-13-2010, 11:42 PM
Anyone here fish Balbao Park ? I catch some pretty nice size carp and catfish there but was just wondering if there is any bass in balbao city park ?

jerryG
05-13-2010, 11:56 PM
I believe that Balboa does not holds bass.

JerryG

troutdog
05-14-2010, 12:31 AM
The tilapia goin off yet?

TD

City Dad
05-14-2010, 08:55 AM
Anyone here fish Balbao Park ? I catch some pretty nice size carp and catfish there but was just wondering if there is any bass in balbao city park ?

Bass? Never seen a bass in there... though I'm told some were planted looooong ago. Never seen a catfish either. When did you catch 'em?

The tilapia goin off yet?

TD

Still a tad early for the majestic cichlids in there I would think. Never found a wide-open graze until July... but I'm still a novice in the pursuit of these willy creatures, so who knows.

This one was City Girl's PB last year... I'm still trying to break the 10" mark!
http://i205.photobucket.com/albums/bb225/timmeinhart/Tilapia/CIMG5478.jpg

HoLLoW
05-14-2010, 02:51 PM
They do not have bass. Theyve always spoke about stocking other speices but i dont think they ever did. I know for sure they have Carp, Cats, and Tilapia. Last time i fished that lake (Years ago) it had a stench and it was just sick to even imagine falling in there lol

LuvThymetal
05-14-2010, 03:52 PM
[QUOTE=City Dad;457103]Bass? Never seen a bass in there... though I'm told some were planted looooong ago. Never seen a catfish either. When did you catch 'em?

Well if you walk all the way back behind the lake you will find like some kind of L.A river or stream something like that. Not that many people know about it. That's where i caught most of the fish, carp, catfish, bluegills and more. Some guy told me he caught a bass but idk maybe he was confused on what kind of fish it was lol, i never seen bass in there but i got a feeling there is.

LuvThymetal
05-14-2010, 03:53 PM
I believe that Balboa holds bass.

JerryG

Are you sure ? Have you caught one yourself at Babli park ?

adriiiian
05-14-2010, 04:07 PM
hey guys. 2 words for ya.
NO BASS

LuvThymetal
05-14-2010, 06:05 PM
hey guys. 2 words for ya.
NO BASS

No need to lie gaydrian lol

jerryG
05-15-2010, 12:51 AM
Are you sure ? Have you caught one yourself at Babli park ?

Here is what I meant to say

"I believe that Balboa does not holds bass."

JerryG

LuvThymetal
05-15-2010, 03:58 AM
Here is what I meant to say

"I believe that Balboa does not holds bass."

JerryG

Hahaha i see, thanks for the info.