PDA

View Full Version : Pan fishl

jd
05-13-2010, 03:22 PM
For the fishermen who are interested, the pan fish are finally up on the shore in good numbers. The next full moon should be good for spawning bluegill. Caught 10 good ones this morning real quick.

mirage2887
05-13-2010, 04:52 PM
what where you using I caught 2 on meal worms from shore an went out on the lake in a boat and is seemed like the bluegill out in the coves were more interested in nibbling my roboworm then a meal worm compared to the fish i caught from shore

fishmounter
05-13-2010, 05:03 PM
jd... Any size to those Bluegill? There are some giant Floridas in there.

liltri
05-13-2010, 06:58 PM
I got 1 today about 3/4 pounder but i saw some big ones out there..i was fishing for the kitties!!

jd
05-13-2010, 08:56 PM
today I was using half a nightcrawler, fly lined. But when I'm serious about gills I use crickets on a crappie jig. A slowly decending bait on lite line and a thin wire hook will usually work. The fish today were all over a half pound with one over a pound. Like I posted, I wasn't really targeting pan fish,but from what I saw today it looks like the time to get the big ones.

mirage2887
05-13-2010, 11:23 PM
today I was using half a nightcrawler, fly lined. But when I'm serious about gills I use crickets on a crappie jig. A slowly decending bait on lite line and a thin wire hook will usually work. The fish today were all over a half pound with one over a pound. Like I posted, I wasn't really targeting pan fish,but from what I saw today it looks like the time to get the big ones.

cool thanks for the tip... yea i wasnt really targeting panfish either but seeing sooo many of them i couldnt resist

fishmounter
05-14-2010, 08:37 AM
Sounds like it's time to get out the flyrods! It's so much fun!

Catch 'n' Release
05-14-2010, 01:42 PM
Or you can use em for Largies like these fools yesterday. bout 15 LMB all over 6lbs. mhmmm

K.C.K.
05-14-2010, 04:40 PM
Or you can use em for Largies like these fools yesterday. bout 15 LMB all over 6lbs. mhmmm

Who, What, Where, Out these Poachers

Indo-angler
05-14-2010, 06:35 PM
I was on the ramp yesterday at closing, when I saw some guys carry a couple of full stringers with huge bass to their boat.

Is that what they used bluegills? I know trout were all up in the coves. Our last five fish on the north shore were trout. All on on senkos and robos. All our fish c&r.

Catch 'n' Release
05-15-2010, 09:44 AM
That was them. must be pros *rolls eyes*

viperman100
05-17-2010, 05:01 PM
I'm new to panfish fishing, I never really targeted them just caough them by mistake I guess. I have a question regarding crickets, are you guys using live crickets or is there somewhere you can get them frozen. I know the petstores usually have live crikets readily availble.

Also what are some good spots I can try form a boat, I am taking my son out on Wed. and want to try and get on some.

jd
05-17-2010, 08:33 PM
Buy them at a pet store, get the big ones. Half the fun is getting them on a hook. If your son is a little guy, fish them under a bobber. The latters on the dams are good and any cove with weeds. If you don't get bit fairly fast, move.

viperman100
05-17-2010, 10:28 PM
hes pretty good at trout fishing, powerbait and wait or worms, but on bass he gets discouraged and frustrated easily so the quick bite is what I'm looking for, thanks for the tips.

Panfish Slayer
05-26-2010, 08:58 PM
cool report, get the gills, there good eating.