PDA

View Full Version : SC Perchin' 5-12-'10

dockboy
05-13-2010, 05:56 AM
Hit the beach on Tuesday after classes after a bit of a hiatus from surf fishing. Went to a local haunt where I hadn't fished since February. Got there at 6:30, suited up and got out. Fished the swimbait in hopes of some love from a big perch but after no luck and bigger swells started to roll in, changed out to the Gulp sandworm on a C-rig. Nice and simple, let it sit and drag in with the incoming tide. Pretty slow, kept getting short bit. 40 minutes in I finally got a solid hit and set, first of the day. As I moved in towards the trough where the fish usually hold up, I got more hits. Ended up pulling 6 for today, all cookie cutter size 10". Unfortunately, no pics this time :mad:
Bite died off with sundown at 8 or so, not too bad for a little less than a hour and half of fishing. Talked to another guy out there, he was fishing before I arrived and left before I moved in to fish the trough. He was going for stripers for nada. The water is still cold, though the bait is starting to form up in some places. Hopefully, we'll see a good striper run this summer.

Eat Sleep Fish
05-13-2010, 08:15 AM
6 fish in an hour of fishing....nice way to beat the skunk! good times. keep 'em coming!

dockboy
05-14-2010, 01:35 AM
thanks! its taken a while to nail these fish down. we get less fish here than socal in terms of BSP, but bigger fish. most parts of socal, you can fish most places on the beach and get fish, especially BSP. here, with the bigger tides and surf conditions, maybe 2 spots on a beach will hold 90% of the fish. but, ive also had more BSP over 1lb here in the last year than anywhere in socal