PDA

View Full Version : Castaic 5/12 after a late start

CRESTLINER16
05-13-2010, 12:15 AM
Had some boat related trouble in the morning so didn't get on the water till close to noon. turns out my registration sticker wasn't on so they wouldn't let me launch at the lake. I called my wife on the phone to check if she paid it and she did, but the DMV (DUMB MORONIC VERMINS) never sent us the sticker. So I had to drive to the triple AAA Valencia to pick one up.

When we fiinally got on the lake, we hit about 5 different spot but didn't get any action on any of them except for the last spot near the buoy line. The bite was slow for us partly cause we kept getting blown around by the wind and my anchor didn't hold in the clay bottom. when we finally got it to stick that's when the action started.

We were in about 45ft of water. We found a spot next to Sal and the gang from Bob Sands fishing tackle. they were pulling fish after fish but we were truly struggling to scratch a bite till they shared a tip with us. It literally saved our day. they told us to flyline the sardine. soon after were cranking them in. it was a blast. my friend was a striper virgin and what a way to pop that cherry. we were fishing 6 lb floro leaders and the rods were bend to the hilt. biggest was about 4lbs.most were about 2-3lbs. It was a great way to end the day, especially after spending the first 5 hrs of the day just trying to get on the lake.

the bite turned on at about 4:00 the lasted to 5:30 during which we caught 9 stripies.
I'll add photos when I figure out how.

Zach1093
05-13-2010, 01:42 AM
Sick catch man! Sounds like flylining a chovy or nightcrawler is the best bet for striper right now. Thanks for the report!

fishinone
05-13-2010, 04:12 AM
That's a nice catch.

That's the way to stick with it.

TroutOnly
05-13-2010, 07:32 AM
great job its my turn tommorow,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,T/O,,,,,,,,,,

Eat Sleep Fish
05-13-2010, 08:27 AM
good catch. congrats! so they're still hitting the fly line huh....one of the most fun way to catch 'em. they've been doing that for like 2 months now. healthy looking stringer. keep 'em coming! good slay!

DMV (Dumb Motha Vuckers)

Fishbones
05-13-2010, 11:21 AM
congrats on the fresh linesides you now are a striper addict...

CAPT'N
05-13-2010, 02:07 PM
Congrtats on the striper slay!

CRESTLINER16
05-13-2010, 07:58 PM
Thanks guys! I wouldn't have been able to do any catching if it weren't for the many helpful experts from this site like TroutOnly, Wingnut, CAPT'N, Lowe boat, Marzocchi,and gletemfeelsteelgary as well as the boys from Bob Sands tackle.

Fishbone, I've been an addict for a looooong time but have never done too well, especially in my own boat. this was kind of a first for me to get such great action. thank you everyone on this network that have shared all their knowledge.

tightlines on the linesides!

marzocchi
05-14-2010, 11:05 AM
Those are defintely some nice fish. That is nice boat too.

CRESTLINER16
05-14-2010, 11:14 PM
Those are defintely some nice fish. That is nice boat too.

Thanks! and thanks for your previous posts on Castaic, they've been inspiring.