PDA

View Full Version : Action Packed day at El Dorado =]

OnlyHappyHooknHawgz
05-12-2010, 04:55 PM
just got back from an action filled day at el dorado. WOW. talk about fun. Caught 2 nice thick bass and had a ton (almost non stop) hits, then the hatchery truck pulled up and i limited out within 20 mins :D All the trout were really decent size. As far as the bass fishing on the main lake by the pedal boats, was extremely entertaining to say the least :P Hawgs were storming in and chasing after the newbie trout, gawd thats fun to watch :P

http://i39.tinypic.com/33n7tic.jpg

heydaad
05-12-2010, 05:30 PM
I was planning on a trip in the morning ... looks like you had a great day for sure. Should be interesting, since those newbie trout really get the bass going!
Ferg

Zach1093
05-12-2010, 06:03 PM
Man that sounds great! I may just try throwing a swim bait out by there if you say theyre chasing the trout. Thanks for the heads up! I usually fish that stretch of reeds (on the left side) of the paddleboat station. Never fished near the station itself though. Glad you had a good day!

hologramSAM
05-12-2010, 06:28 PM
nice bass.do you know if they put catfish into that lake?

BrandonFish
05-12-2010, 06:33 PM
nice bass its allways fun watching those bass inhale those trout haha what were you using for the bass today?
i may go down there sunday to fish for bass and cats maybe some crappie and gills

BrandonFish
05-12-2010, 06:35 PM
nice bass.do you know if they put catfish into that lake?

yea they do stock that park they stock with about 500-1200 pounds just depends on what they feel like putting in there i guess

bman90278
05-12-2010, 06:40 PM
Great job and nice pic too! I will try and go there tommorow or Friday with my son.

brian

oscarsx
05-12-2010, 07:59 PM
Beautiful looking bass you got there. I should put this place on my go to list :D

Zach1093
05-12-2010, 08:04 PM
Got my trout swimbait and and trout colored spinner, going try and sneak in a trip there between class. Lets hope they're still hungry :Big Grin:

OnlyHappyHooknHawgz
05-12-2010, 09:15 PM
action at el dorado is definitely picking up, went back at around 6 pm til 8.. lost 2 and one broke me off.. time to change line again :P

beethao
05-13-2010, 10:06 AM
yea the action is on right now. Last saturday one broke off my spinnerbait. It was a freakin hard hit. Should've used 15lb test instead of 12.

worksucks
05-14-2010, 10:59 AM
Went to El Dorado before work yesterday early yesterday morning and got my first ever LMB on a 3 inch trout colored crankbait. Everyone was catching trout, which were jumping everywhere in the 3rd lake, on yellow powerbait, but I've seen to have trouble finding them on my lighter road with the chartruese powerbait. I tried with and without the bobber with no luck. Hopefully I can figure this lake out to bring my wife & nephew out for trout & panfishing.

bman90278
05-14-2010, 11:15 AM
Went to El Dorado before work yesterday early yesterday morning and got my first ever LMB on a 3 inch trout colored crankbait. Everyone was catching trout, which were jumping everywhere in the 3rd lake, on yellow powerbait, but I've seen to have trouble finding them on my lighter road with the chartruese powerbait. I tried with and without the bobber with no luck. Hopefully I can figure this lake out to bring my wife & nephew out for trout & panfishing.

Congrats on your LMB! Keep in mind every lake has its learning curve. I'm heading to El Dorado within the next hour with my wife and 2 little ones. Hopefully I'll be able to keep the lines in the water long enough to catch something.. I promised my son he could play in the park and ride the train.

I'll be wearing a Camouflaged baseball hat if anyone wants to say hello.

Wish me luck as its the first time I've been to Dorado.

brian

Stormcrow
05-14-2010, 01:15 PM
How I got hooked on Bass Fishing:

El Dorado Park Lake II. Across Wardlow from the rental boat lake. 1984. I am in 7th grade. I park my bike on the little 10 ft wood R/C control dock on a saturday about 10 am. Throwing shreds of cheddar cheese on a size 18 single hook for tiny bluegill. Water is about 6 feet deep with a nice grass bed coming up to within 3 feet of the surface. Water very clear this day I will never forget.

I see the 3" bluegill swim up and take my cheese bait and I jerk back on the rod and hook him. Just for fun I let him swim around in a figure 8 about 2 feet under the water. Then it happened.

A bass in the 7lb range bolts out of the grass and INHALES the bluegill right in front of me. I thought I was dreaming. a 7lber is HUGE to a 12 year old. I realize I now have this fish on the rod. I start screaming and my friends and I finally bring this fish to the dock. We were scared to grab it so we walked it to the shore and dragged her up the grass a few feet. People came from all over to see. The line snapped and we put her back into the water. We watched as she swam away.

Started watching Jimmy Houston Outdoors and have been hooked every since.

God bless El Dorado Park.

bman90278
05-14-2010, 08:14 PM
How I got hooked on Bass Fishing:

El Dorado Park Lake II. Across Wardlow from the rental boat lake. 1984. I am in 7th grade. I park my bike on the little 10 ft wood R/C control dock on a saturday about 10 am. Throwing shreds of cheddar cheese on a size 18 single hook for tiny bluegill. Water is about 6 feet deep with a nice grass bed coming up to within 3 feet of the surface. Water very clear this day I will never forget.

I see the 3" bluegill swim up and take my cheese bait and I jerk back on the rod and hook him. Just for fun I let him swim around in a figure 8 about 2 feet under the water. Then it happened.

A bass in the 7lb range bolts out of the grass and INHALES the bluegill right in front of me. I thought I was dreaming. a 7lber is HUGE to a 12 year old. I realize I now have this fish on the rod. I start screaming and my friends and I finally bring this fish to the dock. We were scared to grab it so we walked it to the shore and dragged her up the grass a few feet. People came from all over to see. The line snapped and we put her back into the water. We watched as she swam away.

Started watching Jimmy Houston Outdoors and have been hooked every since.

God bless El Dorado Park.

Great story!!

brian

bman90278
05-14-2010, 08:47 PM
BTW, trout action was still very good today. I got my limit during the mid afternoon. I also saw a guy catch a nice double digit kitty! I did take a pic, but I don't think I should post it. Also saw some bass going after trout right off the shore.

brian

OnlyHappyHooknHawgz
05-15-2010, 02:51 PM
Was also at the lake from about 6 am - 3 pm (ranger station side) Caught 2 lmb before 7am both in the 2lb range, and three more lmb that were a little smaller. Lost 3 bass about 3-4 ft from shore, they spit the hook out (considered them as 'quick release', so they all counted..lol) and lost a BIGGUN that hit it on the drop and ran with it, didnt set the hook good enough (>.<) And had ALOT of strikes the whole entire time. =]

beethao
05-15-2010, 08:12 PM
Was also at the lake from about 6 am - 3 pm (ranger station side) Caught 2 lmb before 7am both in the 2lb range, and three more lmb that were a little smaller. Lost 3 bass about 3-4 ft from shore, they spit the hook out (considered them as 'quick release', so they all counted..lol) and lost a BIGGUN that hit it on the drop and ran with it, didnt set the hook good enough (>.<) And had ALOT of strikes the whole entire time. =]

hey what were you using man? I usually don't get that many bites. Only about 4 or 5 bites that's it.

OnlyHappyHooknHawgz
05-16-2010, 12:47 AM
i was using a few different colors of plastic worms w/ a really small bullet head. colors that were getting hit most were purple and green, straight tail and curly tail. *from time to time, was dipping them into crawfish scented smelly jelly