PDA

View Full Version : South Lake

fish'n fool
05-11-2010, 08:28 PM
What's the word on South Lake Road? Has it been plowed to the lake? It was closed at Parcher's 2 weeks ago with about 2-3 feet of snow on it.

Eat Sleep Fish
05-11-2010, 08:36 PM
Same thing I've been wondering. I'll be up there this Thursday till Monday.

Beeracuda211
05-12-2010, 05:53 AM
Smitty, whats the deal???

Koshaw
05-12-2010, 06:09 AM
I remember a post from last week where Smitty says that South Lake will probably remain an "Ice Cube" as he put it til the end of the month or early next month? No clue on if this is still the case. I hear the sierras just got another batch of snow this past week...

Sierra_Smitty
05-12-2010, 07:35 AM
Inyo County has still not plowed the road (argh!). I haven't talked to anyone who's made the walk since opener so I apologize for not having much in the way of info.

According to Rick over at Sabrina, their main lake still has about 2ft of ice (guesstimate) which means South probably still has 3ft. It goes fast when mother nature plays ball - but she hasn't been. We have a great forecast for the next 5 days so hopefully that will start to get things going.

And I've already plead my case with the county but - if a few concerned citizens were to call the county and complain about South Lake Rd still not being open - it might motivate something to happen. Don't tell them I suggested it, I'm just throwing it out there that concerned citizens get things done in numbers.

Trout 1
05-12-2010, 08:51 AM
MAN, i cant belive they havent plowed yet!!!! Im hopefuly coming up next week.....i hope the county gets there act together and get to gettin'!!

Trout 1
Andrew

fish'n fool
05-12-2010, 06:05 PM
I'm arriving in Aspendell on Wednesday night next week, fishing through Sunday. Hope the ice stays, at least I can ice fish at Sabrina. South Lake would be a hike for sure. I ice fished Sabrina two weeks ago and it was very good once you got the right depth.

Eat Sleep Fish
05-12-2010, 07:28 PM
I'm arriving in Aspendell on Wednesday night next week, fishing through Sunday. Hope the ice stays, at least I can ice fish at Sabrina. South Lake would be a hike for sure. I ice fished Sabrina two weeks ago and it was very good once you got the right depth.

Hate to break it to you, but Ice Fishing at Sabrina is done for this season. Just talked with Rick today and he said there was a good amount of open water by the dam and the rest of the lake was not 'safe' to walk on and fish. Drillin holes does not help either lol.

Try walking way back to the inlet using the trail on the side of the lake, good times there. Lots of fish this time of year looking for food coming in from the stream.

I heard the road to South should be plowed by Friday. I'm hoping it is!!! I'll be up there tomorrow till Monday. I'll post a report when I get back.

Good Luck!