PDA

View Full Version : Horseshoe 7-15-07

Sergio Prado
07-16-2007, 09:29 PM
.Haven't posted in awhile guys, but I'm back on the water now. We headed out of Davey's about 7:30 and picked up a half scoop of med. size dines. We stopped at the outside wall for about 20 min. for just a couple of bites, so off we went to about the second green bouy and threw out dines and squid. I had a first time saltwater fisherman on and was showing him how to bait dines and squid. My partner Ken who always comes along hooks up on a nice Ling, but it's short so back it goes :evil: . Not even 5 min. later while I'm showing the newbie some basic knots my pole goes bendo and I'm on. I pull up a nice 24" fat Ling going 6 pounds on the scale. My partner ken hooks up on a couple nice calicos and one Whitefish and all of a sudden it just dies, so we head out towards the fleet of PB's and a couple of moo moo's for just a couple of bites. I'm thinking we should've stuck it out at the first spot but you never know whats going to happen, hence the term fishing. Meanwhile my virgin fisherman has had bites but pulled up prematurly is still on a :skunk: . He had one which looked nice going on the bend on the rod but got off about 10 feet from the boat :cry: . We head in cause it's getting kind of rough out and fish by the containers for the last hour. We throw out squid on leadheads towards the kelp and rocks, out of the blue the rookie yells "I'm on" and he brings up his first saltwater fish, a nice keeper Sculpin. I'm so glad for him cause now he's hooked on the salt and asked when we could come out again, since he bought all the beer and food :P . This is the best part of trip, the newbie asked if I could drop him off at his uncles store in Norwalk off Rosecrans cause his wife was there, I said yeh thats cool. We pull up to a fish market :P , we go in and get introduced to the family and you guessed it; His uncle asked us if we were hungry, duh. He hooked us up with shrimp cocktails, two dozen oysters, shrimp & fish civeche and some cold ones, and to top it off he cleaned all the fish for us :P . I took a couple of pics and will try to post them tomorrow.

JapanRon
07-16-2007, 09:48 PM
Hi Sergio Prado,

Good job on the newbie intro and nice report.

thanks,

JapanRon

Tail Chaser
07-17-2007, 07:51 PM
Good job on the fishys, Sounds like everyone had a blast