PDA

View Full Version : Lone Pine - Bridgeport Report 5/7-5/9

FSHNLIC
05-11-2010, 04:48 PM
Finally got my taste of the Eastern Sierra's for a 2010 delayed opener. Myself and PissOnMySpace jetted out first thing Friday morning. The gameplan was to fish from Lone Pine to Bridgeport and everything in between in 3 days.

Day 1 - Mostly fished in and around the Owens Valley (Shepherd's Sand Trap, where T/O slayed the Toads, Irrigation Canals, a couple creeks east of 395 that flow into the Owens River. Fished mostly with Panther Martins, nightcrawler's, and PowerWorms. Largest fish of the trip was caught today as I managed an 18 inch brown floating a nightcrawler in the irrigation canal. PissOnMySpace lost what would of been his PB Brown as we were trying to get a picture. The Brown was between 18-20 inches and caught on a nightcrawler. Met up with my dad in Big Pine who had been there all week and checked into our hotel.

Day 2 - Headed up to Bridgeport to get in on some East Walker River CNR action. Waterflows were high and the river was crowded. Wasn't able to hook up with one of the Beasts from the East. I did lose a monster of a fish in the East Walker Above Bridgeport Res. The fish was an easy 5 pounds. That was the only bite I had there. Went up to check out the Twin Lakes only to be greeted by some very cold winds. Decided to goof around Robinson Creek and pick up a couple stockers, which we did.
On the way back down hit up a couple spots along LeeVinning and Rush Creeks in which we picked up a few more. Wanted to go back down and Fish Crowley, Upper Owens and/or McGee Creek only to find some huge Wind Gusts. What we hoped for a promising day turned out a whole lot slower than we hoped for...

Day 3 - WIND, WIND, and more WIND.... It was awful... the wind was blowing so hard it almost knocked us down...... Final tallies wasn't great, but we managed some fish, I got to see my pops, and enjoyed the Great Outdoors.... I prefer to fish the creeks and streams where there are not too many people fishing.

Final Tally :
PissOnMySpace - 20 (lost PB best Brown of 18-20 inches)
Me - 24 (18 inch Brown and lost 5 pounder)
Species : Rainbows, Browns, and LMB
Baits - Panther Martin's, Nightcrawlers, and PowerWorms
Beers - didn't quite keep track of those.....

Enjoy the pics of some Full Fin Fish..

Trout-Slayer77
05-11-2010, 04:57 PM
good job on those browns !! some nice fish and pics, thanks for the report. looks like a good little 3 day fishin trip to the sierras, sure beats working.

Eat Sleep Fish
05-11-2010, 05:58 PM
great report. freagin nice brown man. good job on the catches! sierras rule!

TroutOnly
05-11-2010, 09:14 PM
Man i love that big brown ,there not any trout more beautifull,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,thats why i used one i caught for my logo, it was a 6lber out of lake mary,,,,,,,,,i cant wait for some snow to melt,,,,,,,,

Greg Madrigal
05-12-2010, 10:33 PM
Great looking feesh in the 1st pic man! Thanks for the report. My kind of exploratory fishn report.

GM<<><

Piss on Myspace
05-14-2010, 06:36 PM
Helllll Yeahhh!!!! look at that bruiser bro, its even bigger than what i remember. That WOULDhave been nice! Either way...FFF CREW representing!!! to bad that bendo shot would have gave away the jewel, none the less though, great fish and a timeless photo. i still got my pb brown, 11 inches, f' that noise and f' the mother f'n "W". haha thanks again man. good trip, good fish, good talk, good beers- till next time. go chase some tail boys. cheers